Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch Empty
PostSubject: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 1:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28f7PGHTflA&feature=em-uploademail

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 1:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYyhPk8GVeg
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 2:00 pm

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov//data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2017/c3/20170501/20170501_1806_c3_1024.jpg
Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 20170501_1806_c3_1024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 2:13 pm

https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov//data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2017/c3/20170501/20170501_1130_c3_1024.jpg
Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 20170501_1130_c3_1024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 2:19 pm

https://watchermeet-up.forumotion.com/t16597-what-just-happened-yesterday-and-is-this-cern-related-quake-related#40717
https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2017/c3/20170430/20170430_2318_c3_1024.jpg
Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 20170430_2318_c3_1024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 9:12 pm

ON DUTY POLICE OFFICER CHECKS IN ON THE EARTHQUAKE IN HAINES ALASKA-3 MINUTES LONG IS NOT A MILD QUAKE
Steve,
Just saw your posting on our earthquake here in Haines, Alaska area. I am
on duty and felt the quake. I heard tools falling in the fire department
bay, watched my patrol car shake, and it lasted probably about 3 minutes.
It felt like it went longer than that. Usually quakes don't last very long
here. There was an after shock. Just heard Whitehorse, Yukon had their
power knocked out.
May 1, 2017
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 3.0 Earthquake Strikes Los Angeles soon after Alaska's 6.5&6.2   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 8:18 am

https://www.superstation95.com/index.php/world/3795

Magnitude 3.0 Earthquake Strikes Los Angeles 

Post by Newsroom - May 02, 2017

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 81f463b43bf616b2e3c65de8d4e8ff45_XL

A small Magnitude 3.0 earthquake struck Santa Monica and Los Angeles, CA at about 1:28 EASTERN U.S. Time on May 2  (10:28 PM local time on May 1).  According to the US Geological Survey, the quake occurred at a shallow depth of only 8.7km, which means it was widely felt.
This comes after two "severe" earthquakes - Magnitudes 6.2 and 6.5 -- struck in southeastern Alaska beginning at 8:30 AM eastern time on May 1, which set-off a "swarm" of at least NINETY-THREE additional earthquakes in the area between Alaska, the Yukon and British Columbia Canada throughout Monday.  Those severe earthquakes are directly related to this morning's earthquake in Los Angeles because they all involve the regions where the Pacific Ocean Tectonic Plate meets the North American Tectonic Plate.  
KNBC-TV reports the quake was "felt by over 1,000 people" but says no damage or injuries are reported at this time.  The TV station also posted an image of their seismograph showing what the quake looked like in geologic measurements:

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 3-0LosAngeles-KNBC-TVSeismo

The major concern now is whether or not the ongoing seismic activity in southeastern Alaska has "shaken-loose" the rest of the west coast, and if Los Angeles or San Francisco may possibly be heading for "the big one?"
Residents on the west coast are urged to have emergency water, canned foods, flashlights, a portable radio and plenty of spare batteries to be prepared.
SuperStation95 will update this story if additional quakes occur as today progresses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

another I missed, same object as the large one above
https://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/REPROCESSING/Completed/2017/c3/20170501/20170501_2354_c3_1024.jpg
Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch 20170501_2354_c3_1024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Quakes five miles north of Grenada - occurred on Saturday around 5:45 pm   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 8:45 am

http://www.thebigwobble.org/2017/05/underwater-volcano-kick-em-jenny-update.html

Wednesday, 3 May 2017

Underwater volcano "Kick 'em Jenny" Update: Cluster of almost 50 quakes cause 5 km/3.1 mile exclusion zone: Further eruptions expected with fears of tsunami.

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch Untitled
The University of the West Indies (UWI) Seismic Research Centre (SRC) is monitoring increased activity at underwater volcano Kick 'em Jenny following scores of eruption over the past few days, but it says there's no tsunami threat so far.
The Trinidad-based SRC said the first eruption at the region's only submarine volcano - which is located about five miles north of Grenada - occurred on Saturday around 5:45 pm, with reports of it being felt in St Patrick's, Grenada.
In its update yesterday, Grenada's National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) said at least 43 "mostly low magnitudes volcanic earthquakes" - in the magnitude range of 1.5 to 2.3 - had occurred between that first tremor and 10:41 a.m. yesterday.
There were a few larger events with the largest at magnitude 3.0.
On Sunday, the UWI/SRC recorded a high amplitude signal, lasting about 25 seconds, on one of the Grenada stations.
The signal was also recorded on a station in Montserrat.
"This signal follows an increase in the number of background events associated with the Kick 'em Jenny volcano," the SRC said in a release on Sunday.
As a result of the eruptions, the Kick 'em Jenny alert has been raised to yellow, which means sea users and ships should stay away from vicinity of the volcano and observe a 1.5 km/0.93 mile exclusion zone.
However, as a precautionary measure, the SRC said the marine community should observe a 5 km/3.1 mile exclusion zone.
A yellow alert means the volcano is restless, seismicity and/or fumarolic activity are above the historical level, or other unusual activity has been observed or can be expected without warning. Despite the activity, SRC stressed there was no tsunami watch or warning in place.
"Recent measurements have indicated that the summit of Kick 'em Jenny is currently too deep beneath the surface of the sea for an eruption to likely trigger a tsunami," it said on Sunday.
However, noting that volcanic episodes at Kick 'em Jenny, since 1939, usually consist of several eruptions lasting over several days before returning to rest, the SRC said further eruptions should be expected during this episode.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch   Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Double Quakes , Cern and the Sun bpearthwatch
Page 1 of 1