Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scottr99

scottr99

"Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 Empty
PostSubject: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 am

Bruno: "derived from the Germanic word brun meaning Shield or Armor".

"The name, Mars, came from Satan.  It refers to Satan as the god of war.."

I believe the Bible as the literal and completed Word of God!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:34 pm

1. Ephesians 6:13
    Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have Done everything, to stand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:52 pm

(God of War) Guess they knew before I did?
"Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 99rs
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:56 pm

Love you like a brother but brun auf Deutsch ist 'brown', hence the term 'brunette'. The Bauers chose the name "Rothschild", or Red Shield; and the rest is history.

Mars on the other hand is, well.....

scottr99 wrote:
Bruno: "derived from the Germanic word brun meaning Shield or Armor".

"The name, Mars, came from Satan.  It refers to Satan as the god of war.."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:45 pm

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 am

sorry scottr99 and thanks jem. Honestly just doesn't make sense in practice for German use in this instance; I.e. the brun needs to be followed by something substantive (dithematic) that would make it practical like Brunhilde; the 'o' implies neuter in German.
[th]Bruno[/th][th]Gender[/th][th]Origin[/th][th]Word/Name[/th][th]Meaning[/th]
Male
Old High German
"Brown"

I would lean toward:

Bruno - Italian philosopher who used Copernican principles to develop a pantheistic monistic philosophy; condemned for heresy by the Inquisition and burned at the stake (1548-1600)

But supposedly Bruno's dad started calling him 'Bruno' (from wiki) at age two after:

"Bruno Leopoldo Francesco Sammartino (born October 6, 1935)[1] is an Italian-born American retired professional wrestler. He is best known for being the longest-running champion of the World Wide Wrestling Federation (WWWF), holding the title across two reigns for over 11 years (4040 days) in total, as well as the longest single WWE Championship reign in professional wrestling history."

wikipedia

jem wrote:
Strangely, brun can mean armor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germanic_name

Tyska liknande svenska. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014   "Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Bruno Mars" will play as the superbowl halftime show, on Feb 2, 2014
Page 1 of 1