Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
billetman

billetman

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" Empty
PostSubject: Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven"   Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 5:04 am

Amazing news from the leader of 2 billion catholics. WOW!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-assures-atheists-you-dont-have-to-believe-in-god-to-go-to-heaven-8810062.html

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" Pg-34-pope-getty

In comments likely to enhance his progressive reputation, Pope Francis has written a long, open letter to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari, stating that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.

Responding to a list of questions published in the paper by Mr Scalfari, who is not a Roman Catholic, Francis wrote: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe and who don’t seek the faith. I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to him with a sincere and contrite heart. The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience.
“Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.” 
Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said the pontiff’s comments were further evidence of his attempts to shake off the Catholic Church’s fusty image, reinforced by his extremely conservative predecessor Benedict XVI. “Francis is a still a conservative,” said Mr Mickens. “But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world.” 
In a welcoming response to the letter, Mr Scalfari said the Pope’s comments were “further evidence of his ability and desire to overcome barriers in dialogue with all”.
In July, Francis signalled a more progressive attitude on sexuality, asking: “If someone is gay and is looking for the Lord, who am I to judge him?”
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven"   Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:53 am

“But what this is all about is him seeking to have a more meaningful dialogue with the world” ,
Robert Mickens, the Vatican correspondent for the Catholic journal The Tablet, said.

We know all about 'seeker friendly'.  How cute that the Pope is playing 'no Catholic left behind."  If Saddleback and the Lakewood church are going to heaven,
then by golly so is every Catholic no matter what they believe,
say or do, ever.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Catholic priests may be allowed to marry amid Papal changes   Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 8:06 am

Remember Pope Francis is a Jesuit....Black Pope....many changes ahead....

Catholic priests may be allowed to marry amid Papal changes

Pope Francis in St Peter’s Square. He has reached out to non-believers
Tony Gentile/Reuters

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" Pope_136693271_450638c

• Pope Francis in St Peter’s Square. He has reached out to non-believers Tony Gentile/Reuters

James Bone Rome
Last updated at 12:01AM, September 12 2013

The Vatican has opened the door to the possibility of married priests, a move that would go against an established Church tradition.

Archbishop Pietro Parolin, who will be the No. 2 in the Roman Catholic church when be becomes secretary of state next month, declared that priestly vow of celibacy derived from an age-old rule but was not Catholic dogma.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ‘Cold Call Pope’ Takes To Phoning The Faithful   Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 am

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" 100572277-164033568

‘Cold Call Pope’ Takes To Phoning The Faithful

Pope Francis already has distinguished himself from his predecessor with a more down-to-earth style. Now he is both unnerving the Vatican and delighting the faithful by picking up the telephone and spontaneously calling people, earning the nickname “the Cold Call Pope.” This month, he called to comfort a pregnant Italian woman whose married boyfriend had...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven"   Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pope: "No need to believe in God to go to Heaven"
Page 1 of 1