Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli

Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli Empty
PostSubject: The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli   The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 11:15 am

The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong!

Posted by lamarzulli on April 7, 2014

The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli War

Commentary & Analysis
by
L. A. Marzulli

Narcotics boom, West’s legacy for Afghanistan:

(Caution – Islamic site – use discretion)

“All we’ve seen to be perfectly candid about it, over the past 13 years is a 40-fold increase in opium cultivation and the explosion of the heroin epidemic in and around Afghanistan,” said Rick Rozoff from Stop NATO International Network in a Monday interview.”

“The only thing they effectively have done is officiate over an explosion of opium cultivation, the deaths of tens and thousands of Afghans, including thousands of civilians, and the displacement of not only hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of Afghans,” Rozoff said.

As a follow-up to a post I did last week about endless war, here is a story which points the finger at what I believe is the “hidden government” within the United States.  Let’s step back for a moment and examine the statements above.  The article state that a 40-fold increase in the opium harvest has happened since the US prosecuted the Afghanistan war.  I have addressed this in other blogs before, but after 13 years of “fighting” in Afghanistan it would appear the 1 TRILLION dollar annual opium harvest is alive and well. Who profits from this?  You may remember when Oliver North was accused of running guns and bringing back drugs from Central America.  If true, and I believe it may be, we have precedent of the USA’s involvement with this sordid business.   Take a look at the quote below, is this former DEA agent lying to us?  Is he a whistle-blower?  Is he telling the truth?

“The connections piled up quickly. Contra planes flew north to the U.S., loaded with cocaine, then returned laden with cash. All under the protective umbrella of the United States Government. My informants were perfectly placed: one worked with the Contra pilots at their base, while another moved easily among the Salvadoran military officials who protected the resupply operation. They fed me the names of Contra pilots. Again and again, those names showed up in the DEA database as documented drug traffickers. “When I pursued the case, my superiors quietly and firmly advised me to move on to other investigations.” Former DEA Agent Celerino Castillo  

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/MENA/mena.php

Here is the big question for us to consider.  WWII took 5 years, but that was a world war.  With that in mind, how many Taliban are in Afghanistan and why can’t we claim a victory after 13 years there?   The Taliban has limited resources,  we have the best equipped military in the history of the world.  The Taliban have no central command.   We have the most sophisticated array of communications in the history of warfare and we have an almost endless supply of “blood and treasure” who enlist in our armed forces and then are shipped to Afghanistan to fight in the endless war there. Who profits from the opium trade?  Where does the money go?

How are the drugs transported out of the country?  Surely Afghan president Karzai must know what is going on and I would bet he benefits in some way from the trade.  More importantly are the moral implications here.  If we are engaged in the opinion trade then we have sunk to a new low.  Think it can’t happen here?  Think again, as the Brits fought the Opium wars with China, for the right to sell opium to the Chinese!  

http://www.victorianweb.org/history/empire/opiumwars/opiumwars1.html

In closing todays post.   The sale of opium enslaves everyone who is involved with it, from those who cultivate it to the addict on the street who thinks of nothing else but getting the next “fix.”  Opium is the drug of the devil and it has ruined countless lives.  It would appear, from the evidence that I’ve cited above, that certain factions of our government are involved in the most heinous of actions.  If true where is the outrage from the citizens in our country?
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli   The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:40 pm

http://publicintelligence.net/unodc-afghan-opium-survey-2013/

5,500 tons, up 49% from 2012 as well as 40,000 more acres planted than the previous high in 2007.

Surf around the site for lotsa pics of NATO forces in and around the fields. One CA firefighting C-130 and some round-up and production numbers would be adversely effected, but Karzai et. all won't allow it.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli   The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:48 pm

This article jogged my memory on the subject....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/cia-bribes-karzai-millions-ghost-money-paid-afghanistan-president-new-york-times_n_3176956.html

And to think they wonder how so many vicious rumors get started.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli   The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Afghan Opium Trade… Going Strong! Posted by lamarzulli
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: