Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq Empty
PostSubject: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:41 am

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/world/2014/08/07/obama-authorizes-targeted-airstrikes-iraq/XRLSYbEvfAEX2hEivTFNRJ/story.html

Obama on Thursday announced that he had authorized targeted U.S. airstrikes against Islamic militants in Iraq, scrambling to avert the fall of the Kurdish capital of Irbil and returning the United States to a significant battlefield role in Iraq for the first time since the last U.S. soldier left the country at the end of 2011.

Speaking at the White House on Thursday night, Obama also said that U.S. military aircraft had dropped food and water to tens of thousands of Iraqis trapped on a barren mountain range in northwestern Iraq, having fled the militants, from the Islamic State, who threaten them with what Obama called “genocide.”

“Earlier this week, one Iraqi cried that there is no one coming to help,” Obama said in a televised statement delivered from the State Dining Room. “Well, today America is coming to help.”

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:33 am

The Christians are fleeing northward. Praise Jesus something is being done. The knowledge alone that western intervention may or will occur could deter ISIS.

Personally I hope Northern Iraq's skies look like O'hare the day before Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 9:28 am

quietobserver wrote:
The Christians are fleeing northward. Praise Jesus something is being done. The knowledge alone that western intervention may or will occur could deter ISIS.

Personally I hope Northern Iraq's skies look like O'hare the day before Christmas.
Ha!  I'm all for it, but we humans are a funny bunch.  "Excuse me, but we demand a certain decorum in our killing, and you broke the rules. You're giving killing a bad rap, so now we must kill you before you ruin the game for everybody."
It's no doubt just to preserve the game and not from any real fear of God.

I know you know this. I'm just venting at the absurdity of it all, and praying fervently for an end to it all.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 am

30 to 40 thousand Christians have fled to the northern mountains of Iraq. Praise Jesus that the US has said there will be intervention, but I suspect its for an ulterior motive. Remember all the stories awhile back about dividing Iraq into multiple smaller countries that most said was a non starter? Well, if you take a look at a map the "line" was drawn roughly where Kurd territory would have begun in northern Iraq. So they appear to be using McCain's army as a means to their end.
Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:12 am

It's getting ugly pretty quick. Saw footage last night of one elderly Iraqi Christian woman trying to climb up the rocky mountain with her walker. Gets ya sick. Then to hear they are burying the babies bacause they have no water. Gets ya real sick. Glad the US in doing something. I wish other Christain countries would step up too. Especially while we have an idiot in office. Maybe Canada, England, Italy someone do something! You can't always wait for the US.

God please send real and meaningful help to the Iraqi Christians stuck on the rocky mountain.

SHep Smith reported yesterday that the mountain they are on was one of the sites where Noah's ark may be located.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq   Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limited Airstrikes Authorized in Iraq
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: