Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA Empty
PostSubject: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:59 pm

All flights into and out of Chicago's O'Hare and Midway international airports were grounded early on Friday due to a fire at an air traffic control facility, the Federal Aviation Administration said.
Employees at the facility in Aurora, Illinois, were evacuated and a fire department was on the scene, the FAA said.
More than 300 flights into and out of the two airports had been canceled by 7:30 a.m. CT (1230 GMT) on Friday, according to the tracking website FlightAware.com.
Crews responding to the fire found a man with self-inflicted wounds in the basement of the facility, the Chicago Tribune reported.
The man was taken to a hospital, the newspaper said, citing an Aurora Police Department spokesman.
Police could not be immediately reached for comment.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:24 pm

https://watchermeet-up.forumotion.com/t9848-chi-faa-arson

fyi because its important, CHI station picks up all traffic coming in over the pole (except the ones cutting off early to JFK etc.), which is a little alarming with missing jetliners these days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Another article says 850 flights!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwcLFEyxOgk
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:54 pm

Could this be a diversion to let the missing airliners come in?

Why was UPS worldwide flights halted for a day?
Was there intel on a painted up fake about to enter the US?

Is the time now?

Chicago is listed as a target city! But when? Can't be long for these types of attacks!

EYE'S AND EARS OPEN!!!!
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:02 pm

That's just O'hare and Midway. Chicago station routes God only knows how many flights in & COMING INTO the US.

That FAA STATION IS 40 MILES FROM EITHER CHICAGO AIRPORT. It isn't a tower or at the end of the runway, etc..
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:09 pm

spring2 wrote:
Could this be a diversion to let the missing airliners come in?

Why was UPS worldwide flights halted for a day?
Was there intel on a painted up fake about to enter the US?

Is the time now?

Chicago is listed as a target city! But when? Can't be long for these types of attacks!

EYE'S AND EARS OPEN!!!!

FED-EX deliveries are screwed up today. They claim the had a power outage last night in their sorting facility. I have a longtime friend who flies for FED-EX who says its bravo sierra but didn't elaborate, nor did I ask. Not only that, but the ENTIRE facility has back-up generators because it takes up 90% of the Memphis airport.

"FedEx Express National Service Disruption

Last updated September 26, 2014

FedEx experienced significant power outages last night at the FedEx Express Memphis Hub that affected our sort operations. We immediately implemented contingency plans to minimize the impact to our customers. We regret any inconvenience this has caused. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the money-back guarantee is not in effect for FedEx Express packages due for delivery on September 26, 2014.

Please continue to check FedEx Service Alerts for updates."

http://www.fedex.com/us/servicealerts/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA   Flights at Chicago's main airports grounded due to fire: FAA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1