Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought

Go down 
AuthorMessage

San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought Empty
PostSubject: San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought   San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 11:51 am

This Planet is Insane!
I want off!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2840472/Dry-San-Diego-look-sewers-water-source.html

San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought

• The City Council voted unanimously on Tuesday to pass a plan to spend $2.5billion on recycling waste water to drinking water 

• The entire state of California is experiencing severe drought, but water supplies are especially short at the end of the pipeline in San Diego 

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

PUBLISHED: 02:53 EST, 19 November 2014 UPDATED: 09:53 EST, 19 November 2014

Acknowledging California's parched new reality, the city of San Diego has embraced a once-toxic idea: turning sewer water into drinking water.
The City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to advance a $2.5billion plan to recycle wastewater, the latest example of how California cities are looking for new supplies amid a severe drought.

Each of the nine council members effusively praised the effort before the vote as a way to make San Diego less dependent on imported water and insulated from drought.

'We're at the end of the pipeline,' said Councilman Scott Sherman. 'We have a real problem getting water down here.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2840472/Dry-San-Diego-look-sewers-water-source.html#ixzz3JdG1ujvU 

MORE@LINK
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought Empty
PostSubject: Re: San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought   San Diego forced to recycle SEWAGE into drinking water due to devastating drought I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2014 12:58 pm

Actually done correctly it poses no problem. People are just getting all emotional about recycling something that nature recycles all the time. It's been an issue here in San Diego for a while with the gag-factor crowd calling it "toilet to tap". Long on emotional - short on science and logic.

Check out the International Space Station. They've been doing this since the beginning. You think they pee out some hole into outer space then import all that VERY HEAVY water from earth to refill some huge H2O tank when it runs dry? NADA!

I live in San Diego. I live in a coastal desert, and we import 60% - 80% of our water depending on the season and local rainfall. This project will reclaim one third to one half of the HIGHLY TREATED and cleaned waste water we currently dump into the Pacific. I'm all for that.

And before anyone starts yelling for us to treat sea water with reverse osmosis, we are already on it. A huge RO processing plant is being built in Carlsbad (North San Diego area) and is due online soon. That includes a huge pipeline project to get it from point A to point B.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1