Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Holy Spirit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jumpstart

jumpstart

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 9:56 am

Would be interested to gain everyone`s insight as to what the Holy Spirit`s activity and role will be in Heaven.
Blessings,
J
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 8:42 am

That's a great question.  I'll give some of my 'maybe's.  At this time I've mostly thought about Him regarding earthly existence, both now and in the Millennium.

I'm instantly acutely aware that my focus is still too much on the world,  where I have to stop and reach for the Kingdom 'right thoughts, words, actions'.  The more the Spirit lives through me, the less I need to do that.  The right response is always there because its Him Responding, rather than me who gives place to fleshly concerns.  And that only happens as I step back and yield my 'self' to Him.  Many, myself included, have real trouble actually living by the Spirit to the point where we say, It is no longer I who lives, but He who lives in (and through) me.
1 Corin. 3:16-17  and 1 Corin. 6:18-20  "Do you not know that you are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?"

It's two different ways of living.  I can look to God to give me answers as to who, what, when, etc., and then I determine what I can-should do,
or I can relax in the confidence that He Who Knows will handle it all in the best possible way, and
I can learn and come to know by observing Him do His Works.

In this way we do what Jesus said; if we have a need or desire, don't chase it out into the world, instead turn to God, Seek Him FIRST, with all our heart and mind, and all else will be added. But don't expect anything that would be a temptation to us, or a lust of the ego, of course.  Part of "right receiving" is right asking. 
A sure way to receive is to give.  I've heard it said, God abhors a vacuum.  Ok.  As I pour out of my substance, He refills the void...to the full...till it overflows. 
Real practically, if God Within moves IN ME to fill another's need, how can it not be in me first?
As Paul said, he received from his congregations so that THEY might be blessed.
In Right Understanding, if the Spirit of God dwells in me..what could I possibly be lacking???

THIS is the Kingdom that is 'now but not yet'.  As Paul said, the Kingdom is not meat or drink, but Righteousness, Peace and Joy in the Holy Ghost.

So what about heaven?  To my mind, that is after the 1000 years of 'earth redeemed', bodies redeemed-transfigured, the final Judgement and banishment of all things rebellious, all set free from the corruption of the curse.

Soooo...looks like I don't have an answer, except to say that it's a continuation of what we are offered now.  Life, the beauty and plenty of the Eden earth, the Son and the Sacrifice, the Indwelling Spirit who IS the embodiment of the Kingdom of God; all exist now.
Heaven must be the Love of God for us His Creation, set free in our spirits.
At that point, I don't see a separation of our spirit from God's Spirit, where one
might say...'Oh, that was the Holy Spirit speaking'.  We will move at a level
of Knowing rather than all the steps required in the physical plane.
As in groups moving toward the Throne of God.  We would know where we were going, but it's not like "oh! Did you hear the trumpet?  Come on, we gotta go"
type of thing. 
As Jesus said, "I and the Father are One", we too will be One in and with the Father, living in His GLORY.  Halleluyah!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Where then, was the Holy Spirit before Pentecost? As in the Old Testament?
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 7:11 pm

Yaddy wrote:
Where then, was the Holy Spirit before Pentecost? As in the Old Testament?

I had that question too, and the understanding I've come away with is to look for
the 'Anointing'.  God anointed certain men for certain jobs or stations in life.

There are the priests who qualified by strictly following all that God said so that
they would be 'pure' and able to meet with Him, and speak for Him. And the 'purity' (the performance of God's edicts, extended, protected and maintained through that particular lineage-the Levites.

There were the prophets.  Men chosen by God, who kept their station through obedience.
And some of the Kings, anointed to rule over the people as God willed.
Others were God appointed to bring judgement against the people.
I would not call them 'anointed'.  Just appointed-put in position by God. I would say they ruled from the absence of God and His Righteousness.

Most of these men functioned under a 'mantle'.  Saul we know was stripped of
his mantle for stepping outside his boundaries, outside his anointing,  when he got tired of waiting on Samuel and offered the sacrifice himself.

David is the only one I know of who I think spoke of the Indwelling Spirit.
The others seemed to speak of having the Anointing on them.  And we're given
descriptions of times when the Anointing was imparted, and when it was removed;
Even from King David, whose position was essential in God's plan to send the
Messiah.  We know David was forgiven, and the Spirit was restored to Him.

In the NT, 'purity' is attained through faith in the Son, the Sacrifice and forgiveness of sins.
In the OT, 'purity' was achieved from adhering to God's Laws, and Obedience to
His Voice as Law. 
And we know God said the Law was insufficient.  In so many ways He tried to prepare the Israelites to receive their Saviour so that all could Know Him, have
Fellowship with Him, have eternal Life with Him.

So, the opinion I've come away with from studying is that the Spirit was upon them ( God's chosen men) and with them as a mantle of Authority (God's Authority) and as His covering.
And that's probably terribly understated.

I am a Trinity girl, by the way, in case that wasn't clear.  Wink

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2016 12:22 am

Thank you Dove...I am a trinity girl too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Holy Spirit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Holy Spirit   Holy Spirit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Holy Spirit
Page 1 of 1