Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Microsoft’s new Modern Keyboard has a hidden fingerprint reader

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Microsoft’s new Modern Keyboard has a hidden fingerprint reader Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft’s new Modern Keyboard has a hidden fingerprint reader   Microsoft’s new Modern Keyboard has a hidden fingerprint reader I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 9:42 am

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/16/15815642/microsoft-modern-keyboard-fingerprint-reader-price-availability

74 comments
by Tom Warren@tomwarren Jun 16, 2017, 4:53am
https://youtu.be/YDpGtDzAw4I

Microsoft has quietly unveiled a new “Modern Keyboard” with an integrated fingerprint reader. The Modern Keyboard is the successor to the Surface Keyboard, and looks identical. The only changes are a new fingerprint reader and the ability to use a cable for a wired connection instead of wireless.

Microsoft has integrated the fingerprint reader into the second Windows key on the right-hand side of the keyboard, and it can be used to log into Windows 10 or websites using Windows Hello. The new Modern Keyboard will work with Windows 10, MacOS, and the latest versions of Android.
The Modern keyboard will be available shortly, priced at $129.99. It's a surprisingly quick release schedule after Microsoft only debuted the Surface Keyboard for $99 recently. $129.99 is a lot to pay for a keyboard, but it is one of the best desktop keyboards on the market at the moment if you like laptop-like key travel. If you already bought the original Surface Keyboard then I feel your pain.
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1