Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round

Go down 
+2
Dove
Delfi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round Empty
PostSubject: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 1:49 pm

I didn’t catch the flu that is going around but I did catch the nasty, coughing,  croupy
chest cold.  It has had me down for two weeks.  I think it’s a bad strain because I haven’t been sick in about 5 years and this thing whomped me.  

My husband moved into the guest room during this time and had to take care of practically everything, there were a few times I felt like my lungs were closing up on me. Scary!  But I survived even though I’m fearful of a relapse and he’s back in his normal spot in bed now.  

I owe it to lysol disinfecting wipes.  The lysol spray was too harsh on me and lingered in the air, so I kept the wipes by my bedroom door and plucked one up whenever I left my room and used it like a glove. It didn’t make me cough up a lung and he is still healthy!

So keep it in mind if y’all get sick.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 pm

That makes a lot more sense than a report on a 'cold GROIN' going around, which I thought it said. lol
Dovey needs new glasses....

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 2:16 pm

Everyone here (except me) seems to have it too. That might be because whenever there is an outbreak of anything I become the shut-in hermit type. It may not be so much a cold as this flu that's going around though. Seems like the whole world has it. Flu and cold can mimic each other somewhat. Please tell me you and hubby didn't get flu shots. My doc, the pharmacy, whoever pushes these yearly shots look at me like I've just grown a new ear on my forehead when I say NO!

As Steve Quayle likes to opine; "shot in the arm or shot in the head, either way you wind up dead."

Look at the latest US of A flu maps.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Dove wrote:

a 'cold GROIN' going around

That leaves SOOOO much to the imagination. Time for a cold shower and repentance. Off I go.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

there seems to be two different illnesses going on down here...one is the weirdass flu that nobody can get rid of....a gardening friend of mine,miss ellen, had it for 3 weeks and it almost killed her....she is 73,i think and in great health,active and all of that, but it like to have done her in....she ended up having the shingles because her immune system got so depleted that she could not fight them off....luckily, i never had chicken pox so i will never have shingles....another gardening friend, james ,got the cold or whatever that everybody but us seems to have, and he has been sick for a month....people walking around with masks on....we stay away from people and keep to ourselves and we hardly ever get sick....i'd rather be a hermit than be sick....its really bad here
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 4:30 pm

i know the look, researcher, we get it,too....i ain't taking one of the sob's ever again, nor is my wife
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 6:11 pm

Heck no! How many times have we talked to a sick person and they told us they just got the flu shot ?  I’ve never had the flu in my life, I bet a flu shot would wreck my streak! Lol. No never have, never will.  No flu shot for me.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 6:15 pm

michael371 wrote:
there seems to be two different illnesses going on down here...one is the weirdass flu that nobody can get rid of....a gardening friend of mine,miss ellen, had it for 3 weeks and it almost killed her....she is 73,i think and in great health,active and all of that, but it like to have done her in....she ended up having the shingles because her immune system got so depleted that she could not fight them off....luckily, i never had chicken pox so i will never have shingles....another gardening friend, james ,got the cold or whatever that everybody but us seems to have, and he has been sick for a month....people walking around with masks on....we stay away from people and keep to ourselves and we hardly ever get sick....i'd rather be a hermit than be sick....its really bad here
Yep! My hubby is one of the few people I know who hasn’t gotten sick. Thank the Lord!! I don’t have my strength back enough yet to deal with him being sick.  Plus I hate the guest bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 6:17 pm

Dove wrote:
That makes a lot more sense than a report on a 'cold GROIN' going around, which I thought it said. lol
Dovey needs new glasses....
Ha!! That’s funny!!
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 6:36 pm

YEP.....Dove...that's what I thought I saw too   lol!
Back to top Go down
bordercollie

bordercollie

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Smile  Ya'll are a hoot. Smile  Thanks, I needed that laugh. Smile .
 No flu shot for  me. My bil gave me the evil eye  when I declined... ( he's in medicine)  but as I told him, I was the only one that didn't get sick last year and they both had flu shots.  (I live with them and am an admitted hermit as well)  "So there." I said to 'em...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round   How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How I kept my husband from getting this cold goin round
Page 1 of 1