Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia

Go down 
+4
hiscity
researcher
Delfi
Dove
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia Empty
PostSubject: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:29 am

There was a 6.9 eq in upper Siberia Thursday. Maybe a strike, not an eq?
RT says not related to asteroid due later today???

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:44 am

No need to panic. The goats panicked for us! See it through. It's fuuuny!
I think they're saying, you stupid humans, you screwed everything up.

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:01 am

Oh Man that's funny! chuckle You've inspired me to start a new thread, Smile I'm giving you some Rep for that! Smile lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ALERT METEORITE STRIKES SIBERIA 500 INJURED BY BREAKING WINDOWS   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 am

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/

Meteorite fragments are said to rain down on Siberia, Russia: 500 injuries reported
Posted on February 15, 2013 by The Extinction Protocol
Large fireball blazes a trail through the sky over Russia. The trail of a falling object is seen above an apartment block in Chelyabinsk, Russia, on Friday in an image taken from video.
February 15, 2013 – SIBERIA - Bright objects, tentatively identified as fragments of a meteorite, streaked through the sky in western Siberia early on Friday, accompanied by a boom that damaged buildings across a vast swath of territory. Around 500 people were reported to have been injured, most from breaking glass. Emergency officials had reported no deaths by Friday afternoon but said that 14 people had been hospitalized. Yelena Smirnykh, a spokeswoman for the Ministry of Emergency Situations, told Ekho Moskvy radio that she believed the meteorite broke apart and fell in several places. Another government expert, who spoke to Moscow FM radio station, said he believed it may have been a bolide, a type of fireball meteor that explodes in the earth’s atmosphere because of its composition or angle of entry and can be observed from the ground. However, the governor of the Chelyabinsk district reported that a search team had found an impact crater on the outskirts of a city about 50 miles west of Chelyabinsk, which would indicate the meteor did not explode in the atmosphere. An official from the Interior Ministry told Interfax that three large pieces of meteorite debris had been retrieved in the area and that 10,000 police officers are searching for more. A small asteroid, known as 2012 DA14, is expected to pass close to earth later on Friday, NASA reported on its Web site. It was not clear whether the meteorite event in the Ural Mountains was in anyway related. Video clips from the city of Chelyabinsk showed an early morning sky illuminated by a brilliant flash, followed by the sound of breaking glass and multiple car alarms. Meteorites typically cause sonic booms as they enter the earth’s atmosphere. On Friday, the force was powerful enough to shatter dishes and televisions in people’s homes. “I saw a flash in the window, turned toward it and saw a burning cloud, which was surrounded by smoke and was going downward – it reminded me of what you see after an explosion,” said Maria Polyakova, 25, head of reception at the Park-City Hotel in Chelyabinsk, which is 950 miles east of Moscow. A video made outside a building in Chelyabinsk captured the astonished voices of witnesses who were uncertain what it was they had just seen. “Maybe it was a rocket,” said one man, who rushed outside onto the street along with his co-workers when the object hit, far out of sight. A man named Artyom, who spoke to the Moscow FM radio station, said the explosion was enormous. “I was sitting at work and the windows lit up and it was as if the whole city was illuminated, and I looked out and saw a huge streak in the sky and it was like that for two or three minutes and then I heard these noises, like claps,” he said. “And then all the dogs started barking.” He said that there was a blast that caused balconies to shake and windows to shatter. He said he did not believe it was a meteorite. “We are waiting for a second piece, that is what people are talking about now,” he said. There were reports that falling objects were visible as far away as Yekaterinburg, 125 miles southeast of Chelyabinsk. The government response on Friday was huge. Seven airplanes were deployed to search for places where meteorites might have fallen and more than 20,000 people dispatched to comb the area on foot, according to the Ministry of Emergency Situations. There were also 28 sites designated to monitor radiation. No unusual readings had been detected, the ministry reported. The area around Chelyabinsk is also home to “dozens of defense factories, including nuclear factories and those involved in production of thermonuclear weapons,” said Vladimir Lipunov, an astrophysicist at the Shternberg State Astronomy Institute. –NY Times
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: 950 NOW   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:17 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279020/Russian-meteorite-Moment-meteorite-exploded-doctors-treat-500-people-injured.html

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia Article-2279020-17986884000005DC-771_634x421

Moment meteorite exploded in the sky above Russian town as doctors treat 950 people injured when sonic boom shattered windows

* Large object flashed across the sky at 9.20am local time
* Pictures show a streak of smoke followed by several bright blasts of flames
* 82 of the injured are children and two are in intensive care
* Landed in a lake near Chebarkul, a neighbouring town
* 6,000 square feet of a roof at a zinc factory collapsed
* One local said it 'was like a scene from the Armageddon movie'
* Same day as Asteroid 2012 DA14, which is due to skim Earth's orbit tonight

By Will Stewart and Jill Reilly

PUBLISHED: 02:03 EST, 15 February 2013 | UPDATED: 09:52 EST, 15 February 2013

A terrifying meteorite shower left more than 950 people injured, buildings devastated and the mobile network wiped out when it hit Russia this morning.

Brightly burning rocks could be seen for miles as they crashed at around 9.20am local time and one bystander described it 'like a scene from the Armageddon movie.'

The meteorite is believed to have landed in a lake near Chebarkul, a town in the neighbouring Chelyabinsk region.

The city of Chelyabinsk, 900 miles east of Moscow and close to the Kazakhstan border, took the brunt of the super sonic impact.

Scroll down for videos

MORE@LINK

BUNCH A PICTURES AND VID

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia Article-2279020-17986752000005DC-877_634x469
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 am

Also here: https://watchermeet-up.forumotion.com/t206-meteorite-shower-hits-russia

which you have to check, to see the goats! [2nd post there] lol!

edit: threads are merged now.

Last edited by Dove on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 am

Oh, those goats were too funny. I never heard them do that before.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: CUBA ALSO?   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:13 am

Wonder if this is a satellite or meteorite? Time will tell.

http://www.youreporternews.it/2013/altra-meteorite-a-cuba-testimoni-esplosione-e-grande-rumore/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

15 febbraio 2013 - 17:37
Altro meteorite a Cuba, testimoni: “esplosione e grande rumore”

L’AVANA – Un altro meteorite, un altro scoppio accompagnato dalla caduta di oggetti dal cielo è stato riferito dai residenti di una località nella regione centrale di Cuba (sopra: immagini telecamera a circuito chiuso dell’impatto del meteorite in Russia). Video da telecamera auto della scia luminosa a Kamensk, in Russia “L’esplosione ha fatto tremare le [...]
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:21 am

I just ran that through Google translate. English below.

February 15, 2013 - 17:37
Another meteorite in Cuba, witnesses: "big explosion and noise"

HAVANA - Another meteorite, another outbreak accompanied by objects falling from the sky was reported by residents of a town in the central region of Cuba (above: CCTV images of the impact of the meteorite in Russia). Car camera video from the shining path to Kamensk, Russia "The explosion rocked the [...]
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 am

Cuba impact in english...

http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-meteor-crash-this-time-in-cuba/

Quote :
Cuba, 15.02.2013 Residents of a locality ‘in the central region of Cuba said they had seen an object that fell from the sky and exploded with a great noise, which shook the houses of the place: it is learned from testimonies collected by local television. In service published this morning by Rodas, town in the province of Cienfuegos, witnesses described a very bright light that has come to have large size, comparable to that of a bus, before exploding in the sky.

http://www.rainews24.rai.it/it/news.php?newsid=174956

2nd source

Huge explosion in the sky in Cuba Meanwhile, also from Cuba has been reported in an explosion sky. In the central region of the island has seen an object that fell from the sky and exploded with a great noise, which shook the houses in the place, reports on local television. In a report released this morning by Rodas, town in the province of Cienfuegos, witnesses described a very bright light that has come to have large size, comparable to that of a bus, before exploding in the sky. Marcos Rodriguez, a resident in region, as defined by the issuer an expert, reported that “everything seems to indicate that it was a fireball, which is a fragment of stone and metal that enters the Earth’s atmosphere at high speed.” Experts are now examining the area for possible remains Rodas minerals falling from the sky, the TV station added. translated-

http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2013/02/15/news/russia_meteoriti_sciame_urali-52681067/
Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/breaking-meteor-crash-this-time-in-cuba/#KsJ70TMPu2JGe2KI.99
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:28 am

Clearly obvious that the DA14 has come with companions that weren't detected.

Where else will be affected today? planetx

note:
Quote :
Revelation 12
7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:38 am

Mad Vlad, he's still around, Vladimir Zhirinovsky denies meteorite, claims US weapons tests.

[ 15 February 2013 15:51 ]

Moscow. Farid Akberov – APA. Russian nationalist lawmaker Vladimir Zhirinovsky, long known for his flamboyance and outrageous remarks, said Friday that meteorite fragments had not rained down on Russia in the morning, but that the light flashes and tremors in several of the country’s regions resulted from US weapons tests, APA reports quoting RIA Novosti.“Those aren’t meteors falling, it’s the Americans testing new weapons,” Zhirinovsky, leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told journalists several hours after the Emergencies Ministry began issuing statements on the incident, which has injured hundreds and damaged scores of buildings.
He also said US Secretary of State John Kerry had wanted to warn Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov about the “provocation” on Monday, but couldn’t reach him – a reference to US State Department comments earlier this week that Kerry had spent several days trying to speak to Lavrov by phone to discuss North Korea and Syria.
Outer space has its own laws, Zhirinovsky went on.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:39 am

Disaster Map

http://hisz.rsoe.hu/alertmap/index2.php

Please stay away from windows today!

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia 4fc0f20b3fa0714ccdc3fa2504be272f
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: NASA ON THE METEORITE   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

NASA statement on Russian meteor:
"According to NASA scientists, the trajectory of the Russian meteorite was significantly different than the trajectory of the asteroid 2012 DA14, making it a completely unrelated object. Information is still being collected about the Russian meteorite and analysis is preliminary at this point. In videos of the meteor, it is seen to pass from left to right in front of the rising sun, which means it was traveling from north to south. Asteroid DA14's trajectory is in the opposite direction, from south to north."

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/solarsystem/features/russianmeteor.html
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:15 pm

Cuban tv is carrying eyewitness reports of a meteorite followed by explosion over Cuba.

source: rsoe edis.

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 1:36 pm

Thanks for the links and video's. What a wake up call for those countries? Even the goats cried out.

My heart goes out to those countries. The panic in Russia brought a tear to my eye. Living in SoCal, we are always dreading the BIG one. Ya just never know... But I put my faith in Jesus to see me thru.

Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
James 4:8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you....
Psalm 40:8, Colossians 1:9, Isaiah 26:4, Acts 15:11
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 4:59 pm

What could explain multiple meteors from different directions all making news on the same day?

I'll discount coincidence for now.

a. signs in the heavens
b. war in the heavenlies
c. something massive moving close to earth, but hard to see
d. pre-alien invasion fleet testing defenses
e. divine wrath
f. doing wonders making fire come down from heaven in the sight of men
g. satan cast to earth
h. the dragon dragging rebel angels down to earth with its tail
i. failed tests of the meteor deflection system
j. those aren't meteors
etc. etc.

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Maybe just bits of rock knocked like a pool ball into the gravitational pull of the Earth? That seems most likely, it could have bumped a Satellite or some space junk and went careening down. Eight ball off the Nine into the right pocket sort of deal?
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

Proskuneo wrote:
Thanks for the links and video's. What a wake up call for those countries? Even the goats cried out.

My heart goes out to those countries. The panic in Russia brought a tear to my eye. Living in SoCal, we are always dreading the BIG one. Ya just never know... But I put my faith in Jesus to see me thru.

the goat video is a compilation of older video's. planetx
Back to top Go down
windsofchange

windsofchange

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:31 pm

FROM FEB.14,2013
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:36 pm

Cool video WOC. Obviously all shot from surveillance cameras. Dreaded surveillance cameras are sometimes good for something else besides spying on us for once.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
windsofchange

windsofchange

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:39 pm

U startled me R...didn't know there was a real time notification dealie thing.I am just not used to this new forum at all!!!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:11 pm

windsofchange wrote:
U startled me R...didn't know there was a real time notification dealie thing.I am just not used to this new forum at all!!!

Don't-cha just love it though? All the whizzy features on this new board rock the socks offa the other one, huh?
Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:19 pm

I just haven't figured out how to post a video or a youtube....Guess I'm getting to old for this kinda thing after all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
windsofchange

windsofchange

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:38 pm

*** Multiple sitings in San Francisco areas of fireball (s)~

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Fireball-Streaks-Across-Bay-Area-Sky-191503601.html

Had to add this to the others...sorry my internet is being weird at the moment or else I'd copy/paste it.
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2141595/pg1

Also, reports (on GLP)
about a HUGE dolphin pod in San Diego no vid but I confirmed it happened.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Thousands-of-Dolphins-Spotted-Near-San-Diego-191455121.html
Back to top Go down
windsofchange

windsofchange

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 pm

http://www.merriott-astro.co.uk/spam3D.htm
I am not good w/ graphs or charts but this is from the UK b/c there are reports from there as well!
I forgot to put it in the above post in my excitement
and cooking dinner ~ Meteorite Shower Hits Russia 3493825412
Back to top Go down
Dr. Rita

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:09 am

How convenient that the only building destroyed was in the Russian City that made missile parts for North Korea. How can discerning news media not pick up and explore this ?

So these were not meteors.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:54 am

Yaddy wrote:
I just haven't figured out how to post a video or a youtube....Guess I'm getting to old for this kinda thing after all! Very Happy
No you aren't! just click the share button on the youtube page and it will open a box with the address. copy it and open the little filmstrip box on your forum editor page, (new topic or reply box. paste it into the box that opens and then click the page where you want to put it and then click ok. easy! Smile You can do it! Smile
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:30 am

A whole lotta different videos and a slideshow of still pictures of this event at the link below. Way to awesome to explain in detail. Videos speak for themselves. Had to chuckle at one commenter's quip.

"If that happened in America people would be lining up to sue the meteor."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/footage-russia-meteor-highlights-chaos-confusion-151744816.html
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:48 am

Check out this photo of where it landed.

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia 2013-010

Last edited by Delfi on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : resize photo)
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Fireball sighting sites:

http://thelatestworldwidemeteorreports.blogspot.com/ (takes a bit for the map to populate)

Here's an article on the improbabilities...
"A meteor and asteroid: 1 in 100 million odds," By Meg Urry, Special to CNN
updated 12:26 PM EST, sat feb 16, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/16/opinion/urry-meteor-asteroid/?hpt=hp_bn7

ps. found out I could "inspect element" and "delete node" in firefox to delete huge pictures when viewing a thread! Idea Much nicer!

pps. of course, you can do the same with adblock in ff, permanently

Last edited by hiscity on Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:44 pm

"Russian region begins recovery from meteor fall," By LAURA MILLS, AP 2-16-2013
Recovery Summary article

Quote :
Chelyabinsk, nicknamed Tankograd because it produced the famed Soviet T-34 tanks, can be as grim as its backbone heavy industries. Long winters where temperatures routinely hit minus-30 Celsius (minus-22 Fahrenheit) add to a general dour mien, as do worries about dangerous facilities in the surrounding region.

In 1957, a waste tank at the Mayak nuclear weapons plant in the Chelyabinsk region exploded, contaminating 23,000 square kilometers (9,200 square miles) and prompting authorities to evacuate 10,000 nearby residents. It is now Russia's main nuclear waste disposal facility. A vast plant for disposing of chemical weapons lies 85 kilometers (50 miles) east of the city.

Quote :
As Chelyabinsk began its healing process, residents of San Francisco, on the other side of the planet, worried that they might be next. A science institute in Northern California says it has received numerous reports of a bright streak of light over the San Francisco Bay area on Friday night.

Cuba apparently experienced a phenomenon similar to the meteorite that detonated over Russia this week, island media reported, with startled residents describing a bright light in the sky and a loud explosion that shook windows and walls.

There were no reports of any injuries or damage such as those caused by the Russia meteorite, which sent out shockwaves that hurt some 1,200 people and shattered countless windows.

In a video from a state TV newscast posted on the website CubaSi late Friday, unidentified residents of the central city of Rodas, near Cienfuegos, said the explosion was impressive.

"On Tuesday we left home to fish around five in the afternoon, and around 8 p.m. we saw a light in the heavens and then a big ball of fire, bigger than the sun," one local man said in the video.

searching hmmm.... meteors, fireballs, orbs, apparitions, angels of light....

Quote :
Psalm 104
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul. O LORD my God, thou art very great;
thou art clothed with honour and majesty.
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment:
who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters:
who maketh the clouds his chariot:
who walketh upon the wings of the wind:
4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 4:07 pm

Yeah, it must not be glancing space junk....I really hope it's not Nathan's evil entities...... planetx scared
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 7:15 pm

Odd article here:

"Russia: More than 500 injured as meteor slams into Urals," Fox13, 2-15-2013
http://q13fox.com/2013/02/15/meteorite-crashes-in-russia-no-injuries-reported/#axzz2L6zleMDb

Quote :

An unidentified Interior Ministry spokesman told the Interfax news agency that about 1,000 people were injured, including over 200 children.

Interfax also reported that the largest parts of the meteor fell in three areas near Chelyabinsk, including Chebarkul Lake.

Roskosmos, the Russian space agency, said it had not launched any objects on Thursday or Friday, Smirnykh said. “At this point we are confident that we are dealing with a meteor rain resulting from the explosion of a large meteor causing flashes and sound shock waves in the Chelyabinsk region and observed in three other regions of Russia too.

“About 20,000 ministry personnel and 3,000 hardware units are now deployed in the area to assess the damage and look for traces and pieces of the meteor, none of which had been found yet by Friday noon,” she said.
[...]
The meteor entered the atmosphere over the north of Kazakhstan and flew over part of Russia before exploding over Chelyabinsk, said Vladimir Stepanov, chief of the Emergency Situations Ministry’s crisis center.

“We have deployed 28 stations in the area to monitor radiation levels, which up to now remain normal,” Stepanov said. He added that officials did not have sufficient time to issue a warning before the meteor entered the atmosphere.

Why the disclaimer about launching "objects?" I never saw reports about possible missiles. confused
Why monitor for radiation? Why not monitor for vaporized toxins? (consider wormwood) scratch
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm

Update from the NYT... 2-17-13 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/world/europe/in-russia-property-ruined-and-spared-by-meteor-share-space.html?_r=0

Quote :
The roof of the zinc factory that collapsed was reinforced with a lattice of steel beams and supported by concrete joists that are now broken, jutting upward with mangled re-bar protruding. Windows on a neighboring house blew in with such force that the frames went with them.

Yet a few yards away on Sverdlovsky Street, the cosmos spared a seemingly vulnerable Hundai dealership, a three-story cube sheathed in glass, with glistening display models inside. Not a window broke.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:38 am

"Strange Damage Reports," by Shane McGlaun, SlashGear 2-18-2013

http://www.slashgear.com/strange-damage-reports-surface-after-fridays-russian-meteor-explosion-18269679/

Quote :
Today we have more reports of damage caused by the meteor explosion and they are as bizarre as some of the damage reports from tornadoes we’ve heard over the years. For instance, in the city of Chelyabinsk, Russia some high-rise buildings had the glass blown out of every window on the top floor while other buildings had only the glass from the bottom floor destroyed. Even that’s not the most bizarre report of damage caused by meteor.

Some citizens living within the city are reporting that the external windows of their apartments remain intact while glass jars in dishes inside the home were destroyed by the meteor explosion. Some citizens also reported that their electronic devices were destroyed by the explosion. One citizen reported that a glass bottle he was holding shattered in his hand.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 am

"Meteorite fragments found in Urals region," Deccan Herald 2-18-2013
http://www.deccanherald.com/content/312988/meteorite-fragments-found-urals-region.html

Quote :
Mr. Grokhovsky said the rock was composed in part of metallic iron as well as chrysolite and sulphite. Its iron content was estimated at 10 per cent.

“Most likely, (the find) will be called Meteorite Chebarkul...”

The lake “is still cordoned off, but it is quite clear that a meteorite is buried there,” the scientist said.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/02/18/meteor.html
Meteorite Shower Hits Russia Li-met11

Last edited by hiscity on Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:17 am

The sky is still falling, everyone!

Another meteor? 'Fireballs' light up Florida sky

By Juan Ortega and Gilma Avalos, NBCMiami.com

South Floridians who happened to be looking in the right place at the right time Sunday night saw one spectacular light show – possibly a sporadic meteor.
The Coast Guard began getting flooded with phone calls about 7:30 p.m., with reports of folks seeing flare-like objects from Jacksonville to Key West, according to Coast Guard Petty Officer 3rd Class Sabrina Laberdesque.
People called in, describing the flares “as orange or red fireballs in the sky,” Laberdesque said. The display was limited to the sky: No injuries were reported, Laberdesque said.
A sporadic meteor is basically a rocky object that comes from the asteroid belt, said Mike Hankey, operations manager for the American Meteor Society, based in Genesee, N.Y. The group logged 27 reports within about the first two hours of the event, he said.

"This is a lot of reports to come in quickly," Hankey said. Gauging by the reports, it happened somewhere over the ocean.
"These fireballs are common," Hankey said. "It’s rare for any one person to see one more than once or twice in their lifetime. But on any given night, it might happen somewhere in the globe a few times in a day."
Hankey added: "People should not be scared of the sky falling or anything at all."
Amanda Mayer, of West Palm Beach, said she saw something in the sky and said she thought it was somebody flashing a light. She said she hit record on her camera.
"I was like, 'Wow! That's weird," Mayer said. "I just started videotaping, and that's when it happened."
More news from NBCMiami.com
It turned out to be good timing: The ball of light appeared as she recorded, she said.
"I was pretty sure it was a meteor because of everything else that's been happening," Mayer said.
The Coast Guard said it had suspected Sunday's sighting was a meteor shower, but Hankey disagreed. "Meteor showers usually are much dimmer and faster moving," Hankey said.
After a meteor exploded overhead near Chelyabinsk, Russia, on Friday, reportedly injuring more than 1,000 people, many people elsewhere in the world have wrongly thought that streaks they've seen in the sky, including planes, are meteors, Hankey said.

Traveling at 33,000 mph, a massive meteor hit the Earth's atmosphere creating a giant shockwave that blew out windows of glass, injuring nearly 1,000 people and creating panic. On the same day, an asteroid half the size of a football field came within 17,000 miles from Earth. NBC's Tom Costello reports. "We’re getting a lot more false reports," Hankey said.
But with false reports, the group tends to receive only one report describing an incident, Hankey said. If the same event is reported over and over in five or 10 minutes, then that’s more likely to be "a legitimate event,” or sporadic meteor, Hankey said.
In South Florida Sunday night, the Coast Guard found that the light streak vanished in an instant. The Coast Guard sent out a helicopter to check out a report of a flare near the MacArthur Causeway in Miami, but found nothing there, Laberdesque said.

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:11 am

Here's another fireball from 2-17
-- suggest mute audio due to religious clamor

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Comet or Meteor? Snowball... Few Traces?   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:22 am

"Russian meteorite: hunt for debris begins, but was it a comet?"
by Howard Amos in Moscow
guardian.co.uk, 2-18-2013 11.44 EST

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2013/feb/18/hunt-russian-meteorite-fragments-comet

Quote :

Analysis of the pieces recovered so far, none of which had a diameter greater than 1cm, suggests that 10% of the meteorite was made up of iron. Traces of sulphite and the mineral olivine were also present.

[...]

Within the academic community there appeared to be a difference of opinion on Monday as to the exact nature of the object, when some experts said it was conceivable that it was a comet that had struck southern Russia at 9.20am on Friday.

"In Chelyabinsk we saw a type of comet in which there was almost no meteorite remaining," said Alexander Bagrov, a member of the Russian Academy of Sciences' Astronomy Institute, Interfax reported.

"It was mainly made up of a mass of ice, of which no trace is left."

The argument reflects the same debate that raged after the last big meteorite impact, the so-called Tunguska event in Siberia in 1908. For decades afterwards Russian scientists, trying to explain the absence of an obvious impact crater, argued over whether the blast was caused by a meteorite or a small comet.
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Global Defense Systems Inception   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:48 am

Russ Dizdar warned that the rebels would turn global defense systems against Christ at His return.

Of course, they have to be in place first.

"Massive, orbital laser blaster could defend against asteroid threats"
By Allison Barrie, FoxNews 2-19-2013

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/19/massive-orbital-laser-blaster-could-defend-against-asteroid-threats/

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:29 pm

hiscity wrote:
Russ Dizdar warned that the rebels would turn global defense systems against Christ at His return.

Of course, they have to be in place first.

"Massive, orbital laser blaster could defend against asteroid threats"
By Allison Barrie, FoxNews 2-19-2013

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/02/19/massive-orbital-laser-blaster-could-defend-against-asteroid-threats/

clap shofar
Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:52 pm

"Charles Honey: Would God let a celestial torpedo nail us?"
he Grand Rapids Press, updated 2-19-2013 at 11:07 AM
http://www.mlive.com/living/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2013/02/charles_honey_would_god_let_a.html

Quote :
Biblical literalists may refer me back to Genesis 6:9, where God gets so fed up with humanity that he floods us all out save Noah and his clean and unclean animal shipmates. Ah yes, I reply, but then God thought twice and promised, “never again will I destroy all living creatures.” So we’re good, right?

So I have always hoped - although I don’t see God’s covenant rainbow precluding planetary destruction by our own hand, such as nuclear annihilation or global warming. We do have free will after all.

But inadvertant elimination by a stray asteroid is another thing altogether. It is theologically unsettling to think of all humanity’s glories – the great religions, Bach, baseball – being obliterated by the cosmic equivalent of a Calvin snowball densely packed with ice and dirt (I mean the cartoon kid, not John Calvin). If the Earth came into being by divine design, how can it go out by mere chance?

If C. Honey knew the Bible well, he'd have his answers.

Quote :

Ecclesiastes 9
11 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

It's when the rebel angels and their proxies destroy the earth -- that Almighty God does justice. As only He can who has the power to kill and make alive -- who will resurrect us all. Some to eternal damnation called the second death. But for those who believe in Christ as Son of God and Savior -- we will be resurrected to eternal life ever to be with Christ.

Quote :

Revelation 11
18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Revelation 8
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters; 11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Revelation 18
19 And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate.
20 Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.
21 And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meteorite Shower Hits Russia   Meteorite Shower Hits Russia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meteorite Shower Hits Russia
Page 1 of 1