Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

oh wow...researcher or anybody

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michael371
Super Elite

oh  wow...researcher or anybody Empty
PostSubject: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 5:25 pm

found something, i think, but then again i may be above my pay grade

look at this and tell me what you see thats  out of place

this is chapter 3 of zacharias in the septuagint....you should spot it real quick

3:1 And the Lord shewed me Jesus the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord, and the Devil stood on his right hand to resist him. And the Lords said to the Devil,
3 The Lord rebuke thee, O Devil, even the Lord that has chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: behold! is not this as a brand plucked from the fire? 4 Now Jesus was clothed in filthy raiment, and stood before the angel. 5 And the Lord answered and spoke to those who stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy raiment from him: and he said to him, Behold, I have taken away thine iniquities: and clothe ye him with a long robe, 6 and place a pure mitre upon his head. So they placed a pure mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments: and the angel of the Lord stood by7 And the angel of the Lord testified to Jesus, saying, 8 Thus saith the Lord Almighty;
If thou wilt walk in my ways, and take heed to my charges, then shalt thou judge my house: and if thou wilt diligently keep my court, then will I give thee men to walk in the midst of these that stand here. 9 Hear now, Jesus the high priest, thou, and thy neighbours that are sitting before thee: for they are diviners, for, behold, I bring forth my servant The Branch. 10 For as for the stone which I have set before the face of Jesus, on the one stone are seven eyes: behold, I am digging a trench, saith the Lord Almighty, and I will search out all the iniquity of that land in one day. 11 In that day, saith the Lord Almighty, ye shall call together every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig-tree.
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:11 pm

here is the KJV

1And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
3Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
5And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.
6And the angel of the LORD protested unto Joshua, saying,
7Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
8Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
9For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
10In that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall ye call every man his neighbour under the vine and under the fig tree.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:17 pm

JESUS!

Called out by name . . . in the OT? Maybe . . . . or Joshua? See wiki below.

Wikipedia wrote:
Yeshua (ישוע‬, with vowel pointing יֵשׁוּעַ

("Yehoshua" – Joshua) in later books of the Hebrew Bible and among Jews of the Second Temple period. The name corresponds to the Greek spelling Iesous, from which, through the Latin Iesus, comes the English spelling Jesus

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:20 pm

Mike, I got rid of your other post on this. Looked like you got fat fingered and hit send before you were finished. Smile

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2019 6:20 pm

now, i am far from an ancient language expert, but here the name "joshua" in the masoretic is translated "jesus" in the greek...now, Yeshua is hebrew for Jesus, so why would joshua be translated to that also?....like it was the same....our english comes from the greek so it appears to me that there should be a slight difference in Yoshua and Yashua and how they are spelled in the greek,like it is in english
Back to top Go down
Tetrasonicwave

Tetrasonicwave

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 3:41 pm

*... i always thought it was:  

yoshua = hebrew = joshua = english

yoshua = hebrew = iesous = greek

iesous = greek = iesus = latin

iesus = latin = jesus = english

... yeshua being an aramaic offshoot perhaps?

Tetra   Cool
Back to top Go down
Tetrasonicwave

Tetrasonicwave

PostSubject: correction   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2019 4:02 pm

*... correction: actually i looked it up so, it's 'yehoshua'  for the hebrew, simplified as 'yeshua', not 'yoshua'.

so the short form would be :
yeshua = hebrew = joshua = english
yeshua = hebrew = iesous = greek
iesous = greek = iesus = latin
iesus = latin = jesus = english

...so, in our modern day, it's perfectly acceptable to say... 'jesus'!  
...there, that's much better!  cyclops

Tetra   Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oh wow...researcher or anybody   oh  wow...researcher or anybody I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oh wow...researcher or anybody
Page 1 of 1