Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer Empty
PostSubject: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:06 am

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer Lordsprayerhighschool_s640x445

A South Carolina valedictorian garnered wild applause after he ripped up his pre-approved speech and delivered the Lord’s prayer at his high school graduation on Saturday.

The act was apparently in protest of the Pickens County School District’s decision to no longer include prayer at graduation ceremonies, Christian News reported. Officials said the decision was made after the district was barraged with complaints by atheist groups.

But that didn’t stop Roy Costner IV of Liberty High School. He ripped up his graduation speech for all to see, before he started talking about his Christian upbringing, Christian News reported.

“Those that we look up to, they have helped carve and mold us into the young adults that we are today,” he said. “I’m so glad that both of my parents led me to the Lord at a young age.”

“And I think most of you will understand when I say…” he paused. “Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name…”

http://www.trunews.com/crowd-stunned-after-valedictorian-rips-up-speech-recites-lords-prayer/
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am

Very nice, a thought came to me the other day that we are going to see a revival in the US. Smile with the admin and other groups taking our rights and stomping on common sense, it's just what The Lord would use to bring his people back to him. Praise God!
Back to top Go down
michael371
Super Elite

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 am

Delfi wrote:
Very nice, a thought came to me the other day that we are going to see a revival in the US. Smile with the admin and other groups taking our rights and stomping on common sense, it's just what The Lord would use to bring his people back to him. Praise God!
I hope you are right,but don't hold your breath
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 am

Still holding it.....
Back to top Go down
billetman

billetman

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:33 am

God bless him! I had to laugh at the body language of the guy sitting behind him in the front row. He looked very uncomfortable.
Back to top Go down
r3m0

r3m0

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 pm

haha you saw him too. priceless Wink

Luke 12:7: But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Isaiah 44:24: Thus saith the Lord, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the Lord that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

1 Thes. 5:18: In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer 2958853248 ... ian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer   Crowd stunned after valedictorian rips up speech, recites Lord’s prayer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1