Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Empty
PostSubject: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 1:13 pm

POTUS JUST WACKADOODLED CHINA AND THE FED. Oh my...talk? Or action?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/live/2019/aug/23/rbs-santander-ppi-jackson-hole-jerome-powell-federal-reserve-dollar-sterling-pound-brexit-business-live

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years. They have stolen our Intellectual Property at a rate of Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year, & they want to continue. I won’t let that happen! We don’t need China and, frankly, would be far....

....better off without them. The vast amounts of money made and stolen by China from the United States, year after year, for decades, will and must STOP. Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing..

....your companies HOME and making your products in the USA. I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon
. This is a GREAT opportunity for the United States. Also, I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE,....

....all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!). Fentanyl kills 100,000 Americans a year. President Xi said this would stop - it didn’t. Our Economy, because of our gains in the last 2 1/2 years, is MUCH larger than that of China. We will keep it that way!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Last edited by Dove on Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 3:52 pm

WATCH THAT FED, IT IS CONSPIRING AGAINST US!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 3:53 pm

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA.

Sounds good - BUT - I don't think he can order such a thing. That's something a dictator would do, and I'm not ready to go down that "D-word" road . . .

QUITE YET!

Having said that I am on high alert, and I don't like that red alert flag that's flapping in my face one tiny bit!

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:01 pm

researcher wrote:
Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA.

I saw it broken down.  Ordered to start looking for alternatives.  Not ordered to bring them home.  We're not off the deep end yet.  whew.
Laughing

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm

I saw the same thing you saw and broke it down in the same way, but I still don't think that he can make it an order.

Better he to have said something like, 'it would be advisable for companies manufacturing in China to consider leaving', then he break down the reasons why they might want to consider such a move. See the difference?

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:13 pm

Oh sure....I see it.  But I don't count.  I'm not the Tweeter in Chief.   lol!

The best I can do is defend it.  lol.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2019 4:46 pm

TRUMP said he'd respond to China later today.  Well, it's later:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458612-trump-announces-increased-tariffs-on-chinese-goods

Trump announces increased tariffs on Chinese goods
 08/23/19 05:09 PM EDT 

President Trump on Friday announced plans to increase tariffs on hundreds of billions of dollars in Chinese goods in a sweeping response to duties announced by Beijing earlier in the day.
Trump tweeted that a 10 percent tariff on $300 billion in Chinese goods set to go into effect on Sept. 1 would increase to 15 percent, and that an additional $250 billion being tariffed at 25 percent will be hit with a 30 percent tariff starting Oct. 1.
"China should not have put new Tariffs on 75 BILLION DOLLARS of United States product (politically motivated!)" Trump tweeted.
[size=10]ADVERTISEMENT

The move marks the latest salvo in Trump's trade war with China, which has dragged on for more than a year with few signs of a resolution in sight.
Beijing announced early Friday that it would levy $75 billion in tariffs on American-made goods that include cars and farm products. The latter would likely cause further financial harm to U.S. farmers who have already borne the brunt of the trade war with China.
Trump lashed out hours later, calling Chinese President Xi Jinping an "enemy" and tweeting that U.S. companies should seek "an alternative" to doing business in China.
[/size]

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2019 6:06 am

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

For all of the Fake News Reporters that don’t have a clue as to what the law is relative to Presidential powers, China, etc., try looking at the Emergency Economic Powers Act of 1977. Case closed!

10:58 PM · Aug 23, 2019

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 pm

As of an hour or two ago:   May have already changed.

G-7 summit: Trump strikes 'billion-dollar' trade deal with Japan

Published August 25, 2019

---

Trump said the prime minister agreed to purchase some of U.S. farmers’ corn, blaming China for the excess product on farmers' hands.

He expects the billion-dollar deal to be sealed by the time the U.N. General Assembly meets in mid-September.

“This is a tremendous deal for the United States, really a tremendous deal for our farmers and agriculture,” along with e-commerce, per the president.

Abe called the deal a “win-win,” describing the talks through a translator as a "series of intensive negotiations..."

[link to www.foxbusiness.com (secure)]

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 1:02 pm

Here's the link that goes directly to the Japan trade article.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/g-7-summit-trump-strikes-billion-dollar-trade-deal-with-japan

Now, me is thinking (dangerous) that maybe Trump can wheel and deal with Japan to buy some of those excess soybeans we got laying around doin' nuttin'  that China committed to buy before they pulled out of the deal. Japan uses more soybeans than anybody. Soy product is in everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING!  I was stationed in Japan (Okinawa) back in my Navy days, so ask me how I know this.

Two really neat shows below - ~27 min each. I've watched a ton of these Japanology videos. They're really fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_VKQpMtFqY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O2GO9CSyWk

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 2:40 pm

That was sweet of you for not calling me out on putting a Japanese deal on the China thread.   chuckle

Somehow I lost my audio capabilities on ye olde pc overnight and I'm completely discombobulated. 
And I can't fix it neither....tried for hours.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 3:11 pm

See that little speaker icon in the lower right corner (windows)? RIGHT CLICK on it and see if you aren't muted or somehow a device mysteriously became unselected. You'll notice in my bottom screenshot that I have headphones and HDMI disabled and speakers et-al enabled with a check mark. Your computer may not show exactly what mine does (different drivers display differently) but it should be pretty close. Play with the settings and if you don't get any joy then reload the audio drivers. You'll find drivers and instructions on the web for your computer model and brand.

If you still don't get joy hit the kid down the block up for help. They know everything about computers. Be sure to bake some cookies (the bribe) for said kid.

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Volume10

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Volume11

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 4:02 pm

I think I'm to the drivers point.  The icon was X'd, telling me no speakers even tho I tried 2 usb's and
a plug in' one (on 1 of the 3 sets of speakers I tried. )  The 'plug in' one finally registered.
X is gone, volume of 65, everything says I have sound BUT not a peep to be heard.  (speaker vol. on max too).

Then I saw 'sound card' while I was reading around.  But that has to be installed?  Inside?  (as in not where a SD card would go?   Ugh....

This is an HP and it's been at least 5 years...it might be that time.  That was the magic number for the others I've had.  You still have Ur WIN 7 going, right?   Me too and I"m very partial to it, but they're
supposed to be discontinuing support for 7....which means go to 10.  yuck.

My other dilemma is I don't know how to xfer files to a stick. And I don't need any more hoops to jump through.    I just want this one to behave.   Cool  First thing on my list this morning was Greg Hunter, but Noooooooo~~~~

But thanks for the advise.  Maybe I'll take another run at it in a while.  Try a driver download.  I didn't actually do that yet.

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 5:20 pm

PRINT THESE INSTRUCTIONS – and have ‘em handy because you will be flipping through a lot of confusing windows on your computer and you’ll get even more lost than you already are. I can almost see the OVERLOAD-TILT message in your glazed over eyeballs already and we haven’t even started yet. BUT – you CAN do this! Now, print this out!!!

Go to  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/ and follow the directions to download drivers there.

Once you’ve downloaded and saved the driver file for your computer TO YOUR DESKTOP (so you can find it again) follow the instructions below.

To open control panel – see that little windows symbol key on the bottom row of your key board? Hold that key down and tap the “E” key. You’ll see something that looks a lot like the first photo.

Go to control panel\system and security\system & click the + (does not show on photo) and it will change to a - (minus sign) and will open as shown in photo 02.

Open sound video and game controllers (click +)

RIGHT click your sound device – (in my case it’s RealTek) and select PROPERTIES. A box will open as shown in third photo.

From there it’s pretty obvious what to do. Remember that your new driver is on your desktop when it asks you for the file.

You can do this! Really you can. I have a book called “Windows 7 for Dummies” that I bought when I first installed Win 7 ten years ago. Win 7 was sooooo different from XP that I needed it.

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-7-Dummies-Andy-Rathbone/dp/0470497432

There are used copies starting at only 25 cents. Get a copy. I paid full price for mine and it saved my bacon more than once.

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Contro10

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Update10

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS Update11

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 7:35 pm

WOW!  Are you ever a good friend!  (I already knew that). 

And I wish I could tell you it's working, but nay.

I got further tho, with your instructions.  I remembered when I got to the right page that it already told me my drivers were good and didn't need a new one.
But following along I got into a different diagnostic page, this one in case but I hope U never need it:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/topic/diagnostics?category=computing&issue=sound-issues

It did test the driver, and finally reached the conclusion that my speakers are not plugged in even tho they are and if I unplug them I get the X back on the icon.  (it's a conspiracy, I tell ya)

I'm going back thru your instructions to see if I can repair any of the usb ports that quit on me.
(you wouldn't think all 3 sets of speakers would be no good, but...)

And I was going to pull out an old laptop and FINALLY listen to some stuff, but there's a program on the dead sea scrolls on that I've kept missing, so I can do that instead of pull my hair out tonite.

Thanks a million, lovey.  At least I can still type away~~~ love

And I'll be back!

Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 8:06 pm

I take it through all that . . . that you now have sound, right? And yeah, with my audio drivers (RealTek) unplugging or plugging anything into an audio port automatically calls up the RealTek configuration page. I stumbled over that little factoid years ago. Took me a few tries before I understood what was going on there. Apparently yours does the same I gather.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 9:09 pm

Dove,
have you gotten an update recently?... sometimes they break things.

Oh yes.. also any ear phones plugged in?
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 9:26 pm

Spring, we got updates last week or the week before - always on 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of the month. It would'a broke back then if that was the cause. Also I have headphones option disabled, jack and bluetooth. You can see it on one of my photos I did for Dove.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Maybe reinstall sound card drivers? and any related.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS   Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our ECONOMY vs the Red Chinese-Update DJT COUNTERS
Page 1 of 1