Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Empty
PostSubject: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2020 8:03 am

https://twitter.com/TheJusticeDept/status/1275912882161672193

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/wikileaks-founder-charged-superseding-indictment

Does this advance his return?  Hopefully this is one of those times when what looks bad is actually good.

New Allegations Assert Assange Conspired With “Anonymous” Affiliated Hackers, Among Others

A federal grand jury returned a second superseding indictment today charging Julian P. Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, with offenses that relate to Assange’s alleged role in one of the largest compromises of classified information in the history of the United States.   
The new indictment does not add additional counts to the prior 18-count superseding indictment returned against Assange in May 2019.  It does, however, broaden the scope of the conspiracy surrounding alleged computer intrusions with which Assange was previously charged.  According to the charging document, Assange and others at WikiLeaks recruited and agreed with hackers to commit computer intrusions to benefit WikiLeaks.
-----------------------------
READ THE DETAILS HERE:
https://twitter.com/ETheFriend/with_replies

INCLUDING:
E. @ETheFriend
·reminder:
John Durham has their BlackBerrys.
---------------------------
Want to help Free Assange?

Why not contact the White House, and remind them:

Without Assange, no Vault7 CIA exposure, meaning no exposure of the fake "Russia Hoax".
Without Assange, no Clinton emails exist.
Without Assange, Deep State wins.
-
White House Number:
202-456-1414

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 4:13 pm

@ETheFriend
6m

A move has been made.
-
Eyes Open.
-
Future asylum deal coming to relieve indefinite detention

https://www.victorharbortimes.com.au/story/6821886/assanges-lawyer-named-french-minister/?cs=13171

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's lawyer Eric Dupond-Moretti has been appointed as France's new justice minister.
Dupond-Moretti, a prominent criminal defence lawyer, was elevated to the ministry by incoming Prime Minister Jean Castex on Monday.

The 55-year-old is known for a his record number of acquittals and led a push by European lawyers for French President Emmanuel Macron to grant asylum to Assange in February.
"We consider the situation is sufficiently serious that our duty is to talk about it," Dupond-Moretti said about Assange's case at the time.

The Frenchman has said the case against the Australian is unfair, citing Assange's poor health and alleged violations of his rights while in jail in London
Dupond-Moretti's team also warned of "consequences for all journalists" if Assange is extradited and jailed in the US.
----------------------------
NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE R0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax

Back to top Go down
hiscity

hiscity

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 9:30 am

Even with a full pardon from all countries -- Assange could never walk the streets safely again. He knows too much that was never published on Wikileaks. Like Maxwell, (same problem), he's now just bait, to catch #spyrings & #crimerings that would take & torture him, or silence him.

Eccles. 1:17-18

And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 10:47 am

hiscity wrote:
Even with a full pardon from all countries -- Assange could never walk the streets safely again. He knows too much that was never published on Wikileaks. Like Maxwell, (same problem), he's now just bait, to catch #spyrings & #crimerings that would take & torture him, or silence him.

Eccles. 1:17-18

And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

That is a real concern.  Even with the big money strings cut, there are bit players and loose threads always.  That just stinks.
However, Binney seems to be managing, though I don't remember just what he exposed. Shipp is kind of out and about...somewhat.

And I really cc'dthis  for the verses.  Looking for Truth?  It's in The Book.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2020 5:31 pm

A thread on the latest developments, announced today.

https://twitter.com/StellaMoris1/status/1288200591873892352

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2020 10:53 am

These were developments from overnight, Aug 13-14

@ETheFriend

6h
Julian Asssange is currently in his last hearing before his Sept. 7th extradition trial takes place. It was delayed a bit this morning so he could confer with his lawyers. Currently he is appearing via video link. Judge asked Belmarsh security to quite noise down outside to hear.
---
Barrister has been told by a defence lawyer that Clair Dobbin acting for USG and Gareth Pierce acting for defense are on telephone link up but can only hear music (this had happened before).
-----

Defense lawyers say that the phone details given for the court link to a different court room.
--------------------
Judge asked whether it would be better for Ms Dobbin, who represents the US DOJ) to attend to the court in person. Assange is periodically coughing & clearing his throat a lot. (Once the hearing starts moving forward, I likely wont be able to live update.)
--------------

Lawyers are still having trouble with not being able to hear anything but music on the phone lines. Waiting.
-----------------
Audio feed has returned for lawyers, but cut out for the journalists. This is ridiculous.
----------
A bit of background for the morning. US Gov lawyers somehow had the wrong time to show, even though the time was set at the last hearing.
----------------
Assange's defence is arguing that the new expansion of charges should be excluded to achieve justice in the proceedings, that he hasn't seen the new DOJ indicment yet, and that they want to proceed with September trial date.
---------------
They claim that because the DOJ delayed so long with their superceeding indcitment (that contains no new charges btw), that it should be inadmissible to the court as a delay tactic (I agree).
---------------------
DOJ is arguing investigation into #Assange’s criminal behavior has been ongoing (even though there are no new charges) They agree the new indictment is extremely similar but say they have added new "conduct' by Assange (again, delay tactic designed to postpone Assange trial date)
---------------------
DOJ claims that this is a new prosecution, and court cannot dismiss anything in the indictment. Defence rebuts and posits that the information was available nearly decade ago, and not part of a new investigstion.
-----------------------
Judge says that DOJ has not yet arrested #Assange on the replacement indictment, and therefore she cannot make a decision based off of it at the current time.

-----------------
#Assange defence says if the DOJ is going to move forward on the indictment and try to adjourn and move (again) the set September trial, they need time to prepare their defense. They requested until next Friday but the Judge has asked if they could be ready by Wednesday.
------------------
Judge may grant live video of proceedings for the press in future #assange hearings. (This would be way better than the terrible phone quality currently being employed.)
------------------
Currently attempts are being made at further scheduling the trial, DOJ is balking and Judge says she expects them to make someone available
------------------
DOJ wants more evidence on Julian #Assange mental state, defense submitted an eval earlier claiming his mental health has been in rapid decline. They are asking for it to be submitted by the 24th of this month (August).
-----------------------
Belmarsh prison has denied Julian #assange the right to meet via video with his lawyers after this hearing is over.
--------------------------
And thats it. #Assange hearing was just adjourned until (trial starts) Sept. 7th at the Old Bailey, (unless DOJ succeeds in moving the date back yet again.
----------------

Back to covering the Ghislaine Maxwell, Seth Rich, Gen Flynn, Courtney Wild, and other cases here. Busy days ahead. Eyes Open!

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2020 4:38 pm

I believe JA's case is to be presented in London again on Sept. 7.

This is the same man who has Bill Binney interviews.  (there could be *language*)

Heh. Never mind language.  He thinks POTUS is the same as all the rest.  I HOPE
he has to change his mind at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsjDZ-7qB90

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 6:31 am

JA trial is happening now.  So far, it's nothing good.  You can read the blow by blow at twitter.com/ETheFriend.

The last couple entries:

@ETheFriend
1h
The defense is discussing several issues raised by the new DoJ indictment that have nothing to do with the charges against Assange, as it seems the DOJ wants to expand the scope of the arrest & trial to unrelated accusations (which are false anyways).

---

@ETheFriend
1h

Replying to
@ETheFriend
DoJ is basing new allegations against Assange on the secondhand word of a convicted felon prosecuted a decade ago, a teenager who was accused of fraud, as well as an fbi informant/pedophile from Iceland they protected repeatedly.

Unbelievable to see this happening.
----------------

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 7:21 am

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE EhT2ltfXkAApChM?format=jpg&name=900x900
NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE EhT2mGjXgAAvhZR?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 7:29 am

Judge has refused to remove new (but essentially same) DoJ charges, setting up the case for what will likely be further delays and indefinite imprisonment for Julian Assange (which seems to be the only DoJ goal).
---

[size=15]@ETheFriend

·
1h

[/size]
In case there was any doubt:

This is not a fair extradition hearing for Assange underway.

This is, very clearly, nothing more than the procedural arm of the continued state-sanctioned torture and imprisonment of a man who dared expose the Deep State.

The judge is a puppet.

-----------------
Court is currently breaking for lunch.

---------------------------------------

Earlier:

Julian has just been re-arrested, as planned by the DOJ with their superceeding, yet nearly identical to the previous indictment. Audio feed keeps cutting out.

The old extradition request has been formally withdrawn, laying the groundwork for, if the DOJ has their way, possibly infinitely more delays in the #AssangeCase, so they do not have to proceed and can leave him gagged and imprisoned indefinitely.

Prosecution asks if Assange consents to be extradited. Assange replies with a firm "No".

-----
Assange's lawyer just informed the court that this is the first he has been allowed to see Julian Assange in six months. Unbelievable!

------
DOJ team waives opening remarks. Several witnesses were somehow banned from proceedings. Judge says it was a clerical error

-------------
Judge is now "concerned about time constraints" in hearing actual witnesses in the Assange extradition case.
Defense argues it is absolutely feasible to hear witness testimony.
Unreal.

----------
Judge claims she is the only one who needs to see or hear the expert and witness testimony, not the public.
DOJ says all expert and witness testimony is nothing more than "opinion" and the public is not entitled to it.

----------
Defence retorts that denying Assange fair witness testimony is
a complete departure from legal precedent

----------
Julian's defense team argues that a Professor of Journalism is an acceptable expert witness in a case around publishing crimes. DOJ disagrees and says only medical witnesses count.

---------

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 8:27 am

Amnesty International on being denied access to monitor the Assange hearing today:

Short vid: https://twitter.com/ETheFriend/status/1302953101452771328

------------------------
Court is back in session: Judge just granted defense 30 minutes to communicate with first witness and to confer with Assange (this is the most time he has had with his defense team in six months).

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 8:58 am

1 hr. (after lunch break)
Defense has just moved to adjourn the proceedings. Cites need to gather evidence and review new charges, saying that Julian is the one who suffers if they cannot.

Julian's team says, in relation to their move to adjourn; that a new document just came to light that they were not provided before, and that it could potentially attract its own conviction. No word yet on what this information is.

---------------------
@ETheFriend
1h

Defense has requested an adjournment until January.
-------------------
DoJ argues that there is no need for another extension and that they (assange defense) have effectively lost their case at this point.
Judge is taking ten minutes to consider.
Whatever information came to light, it must be strong.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 9:46 am

Judge has denied the application for adjournment by Assange's defense team.
The case is set to proceed.

--
First witness is up.
Journalism Professor Mark Feldstein.

---
Keeping in mind the nature of the new indictment and apparent burden of evidence, it is fair to assume, at this point, the extradition will finally proceed.
Judging from defense & prosecution reactions today, that is a safe wager to make.

--
(me: the extradition JA just said he does not want? )
--------------------------------------------------------------------
E. 
Nothing the expert witnesses say will change this case in the slightest.
I will report when we have further rulings.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 10:10 am

Direct links to
@ProfFeldstein
's two witness statements (pdf format) in the Assange case:

https://bridgesforfreedom.media/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/0-200112-M-Feldstein-statement-FINAL.pdf

https://bridgesforfreedom.media/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Tab-57-Statement-of-Professor-Mark-Feldstein-05.07.20.pdf

-------------------------------

Court has lost feed with witness and all journalists listening or watching

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2020 10:39 am

Case adjourned until tomorrow, same time as today. (10am London time) (5am Est)
I will again be covering it moment by moment.
Thank you for participating.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 6:40 am

Being discussed is the way in which wikileaks document releases have helped Mr.Smith litigate cases around subjects like drone killings etc. and how people knowing the truth makes a real world difference in opinions surrounding these endless wars & the crimes that happen in them.

Today begins with witness testimony from Clive Stafford Smith, a legal expert and Guantanamo Bay lawyer who runs a legal charity called "Reprieve".

--------
Noted by witness; is fact that other countries classify US extrajudicial drone killings etc. as war crimes, and without evidence provided by wikileaks, it would be impossible to litigate and/or hold accountable.
-------
Further discussed by witness- US cables provided by WL show US blocked investigations into torture etc. Pressuring countries not to arrest.
Also revealed that US assassination program targeted journalists and other non-combatant civilians.

------
Witness now disussing Guantanamo Bay problems (he represented people there) where-in US lied about guilt of prisoners, and tortured them, and WL information proved their innocence (that was known to US all along).

------
Attempting to get you all a copy of Mr.Smiths witness statement. Give me a few minutes. Much easier to read in full

------
Witness is now discussing US "enhanced interrogation" techniques which amount to things like razor blades to genitals and outright murder; but witness says psychological torture was much worse.

------
DoJ's Lewis just called Assange a publisher during cross examination of Witness Smith... inadvertently giving credence to Assange's defense.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 6:46 am

DoJ arguing during cross-ex of witness that because JA is not specifically being prosecuted for releasing the US torture cables, they are irrelevant to his case.
------------
DoJ arguing that because torture cables named names, it put people at risk & that JA is only being charged for that.

Ie. How dare you name names in our secret murder of people. You endangered their lives. This is, of course, an utterly ridiculous argument to make.

Julian attempted to speak out as DoJ continues to make ridiculous argument at witness. Judge silenced him saying he is not allowed to speak yet, and advises defense to counsel him.

Court breaks for a bit while Assange confers with lawyers.

Because they have Julian inside a glass box, rather than with his legal team, they cannot discuss anything with him unless the entire proceeding is paused.
Disgusting how barbaric Julian is being treated.

To put this into perspective for you: They have Assange in a glass box stuck a long distance behind his legal team, almost out of sight, with no way to communicate with them, or, from what I can see, to even let them know he needs to.
This is horrifying to witness

And right on time the judge tells Julian if he interupts again she will have him removed from the courtroom. (this, despite him being in a glass box with no other way to communicate with his legal team).
Objectively, this is Horrifying.

DoJ now arguing that witness is not equipped to determine the impact on NatSec Wikileaks had in leaking torture documents (FYI, the US torture program produces a net-zero total of useful information; making it totally impactless, except for torturing people).

Witness says the way the US classifies torture is incredibly wrong and damaging, DoJ questions his right to make the assumption (specifically over a jury of peers, which is an odd way to try and justify torture programs).

DoJ again presses on fact that JA wasn't concerned about revealing names (using Leigh book as source).
Witness agrees naming names wasnt good.
DoJ reiterates- that is the extent of current charges on the matter: witness disagrees that it will remain as such.

break for lunch

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 7:02 am

Court back in session with defense making argument that Wikileaks disclosures are not only in the public interest of truth, but that the International Criminal Court (and other countries) has recognized US actions on torture as war crimes.

Defense is now going through all counts against assange related to cable releases that do not name names, shattering the DoJ's earlier argument that charges on the matter related "only to naming names".

Defense questions Leigh's book as source and asks if Prosecution is familiar with Harding's role in cable releases and fabricating stories to the press, bringing the integrity of his claims against Assange directly into question.
The judge then interupts them.

Judge moves to break for lunch just as defense was poking holes in DoJ argument and accusations both. What a shock *eye roll*.

E.

@ETheFriend
· 2h

There we go, Direct link (pdf format) to Full witness statement by Clive Stafford Smith today in Assange trial.
VERY important to read.

https://bridgesforfreedom.media/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Tab-17-Statement-of-Clive-Stafford-Smith-14.07.20.pdf

------------
Understanding this witness statement will make a huge difference in how you view many things. If you havent already, please go to the post linked below and retweet it and read it both and add your comment under the post.
Thank you.

-----------
lunch

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 8:30 am

Court resumes, judge has finally entered after a nearly two-hour lunch break.

DoJ is now blaming grammar for the court's "confusion" on the counts against Assange.

DoJ is telling the judge, again, that the only cables JA is being prosecuted for are those that name names.
This is, of course, as defense was pointing out earlier, entirely false.

Defense objects and disgees, DoJ says it is not open to debate ( this is still a court of law, so yes, it is)
Another break has ensued to sort this out.

---
Yesterday's witness is back (I assume to finish testimony) but, again, there are technical difficulties.
This is 2020, who runs the UK courts IT department?

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 9:11 am

Yesterday's witness reiterates that the WH (previous admin) openly talked about poisoning Assange, or killing him by various means (this is in addition to the drone strikes we already know HRC floated on the subject of murdering Julian Assange)
---
Witness then, when asked, says soliciting classified information and documents to back it up is regular journalistic behavior (this is correct and called "whistleblowing") also that he, himself, has done it before.

----
When pressed about cracking hashes etc. to protect a source, witness says it is a journalist's duty to protect their sources and that they use many methods to do so. Also that he teaches people how to do this (he is a journalism professor).

-----
Witness then, when asked, says soliciting classified information and documents to back it up is regular journalistic behavior (this is correct and called "whistleblowing") also that he, himself, has done it before.

---
Defense argues that "National Security" is used as a shield to hide government crimes and misconduct (which we all know by now to be very true)

------------
Defense questioning why the previous admin did not prosecute Assange, despite being eager to do so. References their decision was based on optics of charging a publisher, and first amendment worries (though this did not stop conversation about outright murdering JA)

---
DoJ admonishes Witness for providing "too much information" and asks (nastily) for him to, and I quote, "give short answers & only answer the question."

---
DoJ questions why witness is an expert on the subject of criminal procedural rules.
Witness explains in detail.
DoJ then accuses witness of being bias and says he has no legal background.
FYI- prosecution (DoJ) has no manners.

---
DoJ is quite literally trying to smear the witness right now.

Judge just sits there letting them.

Disgusting behavior.

----
Apparently DoJ sent a bunch of papers to the witness yesterday, and now want to question him on whatever was contained within them, but he has not had time to read through them yet. Which makes sense since they gave them to him all of yesterday afternoon.
------------

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 9:40 am

DoJ questions witness about his report (full statement provided yesterday, will be linked below).
-
Questions refer to 2 paragraphs that cast doubt about Obama admin's actual position on Assange since Grand Jury against JA remained open under it.

----
Witness replies that proof of Obama admin intent was that they chose not to prosecute.
DoJ: JA was in embassy by then.
*contrasts between that and what happened under current admin (CIA spying/ replacement of foreign leader/ & arrest from within embassy itself).*

----------------
DoJ is attempting to discredit witness.
Points to public domain information about ongoing investigation into WL from years ago that was left out of Witness expert report, which frames Obama admin as sort of "pro Assange" or at least, less against him.

---------------
Witness claims tweet was irrelevant & that despite JA's feelings at the time, he did not believe it to be the case.
Damage to his rep as a witness has been done however, as the DoJ is absolutely correct that there was never a point the previous admin backed away from prosecuting.

----------
DoJ quotes older WL tweet about ongoing investigation as evidence that witness is not unbiased as an expert and that his statements leave out crucial details of an ongoing investigation into WL. They are correct here.

---------------
DoJ asks if decision to not prosecute was actually made by previous admin, why did GJ continue?
Witness replies that he thinks in case more evidence came to light.
DoJ is asking questions about its own actions in order to smear witness here.
Keep up!

---------------------
DoJ asks if witness assumed JA would not be prosecuted for publishing material but not for conspiring to hack.
**(this question is designed to lead into confirmation that hacking was conspired by Assange)
The correct answer is "there was no conspiracy to hack."

------------
Witness replies that he does not know how to answer that question. DoJ keeps pressing with ever more convoluted questions.

--------------
DoJ says journalists are not above the law; witness agrees.
(note, prosecution has now referred to Assange as both a journalist and publisher through the course of this trial, points they vehemently opposed throughout every stage of this before).

--------------

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:25 am

A reminder that the Assange case transcends partisan politics. Both recent admins have engaged in illegal activity around him, designed to entrap and destroy Julian's work, which is actually, literally, exposing the Deep State
-------------
DoJ circles back around to pressing that reporters do not have the right to unlawfully obtain information, witness agrees.
(This line of talk is pointedly referencing their desire to paint conspiracy and conduct charges against Julian)

--------------
DoJ pressing witness about computer hacking and Manning (an argument disproved in Manning's case already but apparently DoJ is ignoring that fact).

For the record, Manning exposed war crimes including the purposeful murder of journalists and civilians

-----------
DoJ is now ranting about Wikileaks publishing unredacted cables, rather than censoring names like MSM outlets do.

-----------------
The DoJ rant ends with them "quoting" (secondhand hearsay that Assange denies ever saying) Assange saying that informants deserved to die.

They are recycling fake quotes planted by media personalities now in an attempt to smear assange, in case it wasn't clear.

-----
DoJ is pressing on witness that names revealed by WL endangered people, but they have yet to say who or how anyone was endangered by WL exposure of graphic war crimes, other than the actual criminals committing them.

-----
DoJ just asked witness if it is fair they have to prove actual harm was created by Julian's actions.

Witness replies that they only have to show harm was possible.
An interesting and exploitably weak legal justification for this fiasco.

----
DoJ pressing witness on whether Grand Jury probable cause should be accepted.
Witness says no idea if true or not.

*Reminder, grand juries are a one sided event where a prosecutor decides what juries see and do not, and are weak justification for anything.

-----------
So you understand, the DoJ is needling the witness right now (yesterday's witness) in order to destroy credibility in a bid to have the testimony thrown out.
If they can prove he is unreliable or biased, then his testimony is moot and is stricken & unusable later.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:48 am

DOJ ends by asking if witness thinks Trump is prosecuting Assange to hide his own involvement with WL. Witness says no.

Cross-examination ends here for this witness.
Likely wrapping up the day in court.

---
Defense asks witness once more if it is common for journalists to solicit information from Gov. employees.
Witness replies yes and that he has never heard of them being prosecuted for such a thing.

----
Journalists are not passive stenographers, The witness tells defense, continuing, It cannot be right that the only way journalists can get information is anonymously in the mail.

----
Witness tells defense that it is a Journalist's obligation to protect the identity of their source/s.

----
Witness says that journalists conspire everyday to protect and direct their sources and if you criminalize that, then investigative journalism ceases to exist.

----
Witness just said that if DoJ intended only to prosecute on non-journalism based things, than the scope of the indictment would be much narrower. Given the language of their own charges leveled, they intend to wage war on the actual free (note* not MSM) press itself

------
Defense is circling back on this little comment DoJ made earlier. Asking witness if he was there to hear it. Witness answers no.

***In fact the only source for this "quote" is secondhand and dubious at best.
#AssangeCase

Quote Tweet

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Yy2r2Aoy_normal@ETheFriend
· 1h
The DoJ rant ends with them "quoting" (secondhand hearsay that Assange denies ever saying) Assange saying that informants deserved to die.

They are recycling fake quotes planted by media personalities now in an attempt to smear assange, in case it wasn't clear.
#AssangeCase

--------------------------------------

Defense is now quoting a massive amount of things from reports DoJ used earlier, showing how wrong their conclusions were and are.

Going too fast to name all. Sorry.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 10:59 am

Pentagon papers were discussed by Defense and DoJ objection was overruled by judge.
-----
Summers, who is one of the lawyers who represents Assange, is a stark contrast from Lewis of the DoJ.

Like night and day.
Glad Julian has competent representation.

------
Assange defense just quoted a report that says Dept. officials were pressuring GJ prosecutors to go after Assange even though there was no new information.

Witness replies that grand juries are very malleable.

-----
And that's it for the day my friends.
We begin kangaroo court again tomorrow at 10:30am Uk time (5:30 est)
Thank you again for participating.

You are the news.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 1:35 pm

Don't forget the zerohedge article:
https://www.zerohedge.com/political/why-brennan-strzok-doj-needed-julian-assange-arrested-and-why-uk-officials-obliged

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE EhXBgl2WoAAzQrd?format=jpg&name=large

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 1:37 pm

True Pundit   @true_pundit

Under Intense Pressure to Silence Wikileaks, Sec of State Hillary Clinton Proposed Drone Strike on Julian Assange

https://truepundit.com/under-intense-pressure-to-silence-wikileaks-secretary-of-state-hillary-clinton-proposed-drone-strike-on-julian-assange/

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 4:24 pm

@OzReturns

DO NOT SPEAK.

DO NOT DARE ATTEMPT TO DEFEND YOURSELF.

Let this image sink in...

Afshin Rattansi

@afshinrattansi
· 11h

BREAKING: English judge Vanessa Baraitser warns the most famous publisher/journalist in the world - Julian Assange, tortured by UK authorities according to the UN - not to speak again or be removed entirely from the court and be tried for his life in his absence.
#FreeAssange

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE EhYwo0rWkAEWO9h?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 4:27 pm

CliveSSmith witness statement from the #JulianAssange extradition hearing .

Clive Stafford Smith @CliveSSmith
11h
Never a lot of fun being a witness (as opposed to a lawyer!) but I just hope I was some help towards justice in the Assange case.

https://dontextraditeassange.com/statements/clive-stafford-smith-witness-statement/

Last edited by Dove on Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 4:44 pm

Very Happy
Oz:
Judge Vanessa Baraitser pulling away from the courthouse today at Old Bailey.
NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE EhbEC_5WoAMFfmf?format=png&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Although Lady Emma Arbuthnot is no longer formally presiding over the Assange extradition proceedings, she has refused to recuse herself and remains in a supervisory role overseeing the trial w/ her subordinate District Judge Vanessa Baraitser on the bench

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2020/02/22/judg-f22.html
pub'd  22 February 2020

Information has come to light demonstrating that the chief magistrate overseeing the extradition proceedings against Julian Assange received financial benefits from organizations with close ties to the UK Foreign Office prior to her appointment.
According to a report on Friday in the South African-based Daily Maverick, Lady Emma Arbuthnot attended, along with her husband Lord Arbuthnot of Edrom, all-expenses-paid secretive gatherings of the organizations Tertulias and Tatlidil in 2014 that included numerous UK foreign policy officials. Lady Arbuthnot was appointed chief magistrate in Westminster in October 2016.
The expenses of Lady Arbuthnot at the Bilbao conference were covered by the Tertulias organization, since her husband, “a former Conservative defense minister with extensive links to the British military and intelligence community exposed by WikiLeaks,” was the chairman of the organization.
 More incriminating dirt in the article. 

See, if enough people knew this...

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 5:05 pm

THIS happened during session yesterday (Monday 07 Sept)

I just wonder who Judge Vanessa Baraitser made that "behind closed doors" phone call to in order ask "what she should do"...

Was it Chief Magistrate Lady Emma Arbuthnot, who is no longer "formally presiding over the Assange extradition proceedings"?

Who is pulling the strings?

Quote Tweet
NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Yy2r2Aoy_normal  @ETheFriend
Sep 7
A call made behind closed doors by a judge asking people above her what to do...
Interesting...

The things we hear.

(me: that might even be 'common core' math.  You know, 1+1)

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2020 5:48 pm

And more.  Sickening...4 Sept 2020

Westminster Chief Magistrate Lady Emma Arbuthnot made two fundamental legal decisions against Julian Assange. Her husband was closely associated with a pressure group that publicly criticized the founder of WikiLeaks.

The more you know...

---
https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-09-04-as-british-judge-made-rulings-against-julian-assange-her-husband-was-involved-with-right-wing-lobby-group-briefing-against-wikileaks-founder/

As British judge made rulings against Julian Assange, her husband was involved with right-wing lobby group briefing against WikiLeaks founder
Around this time, her husband, Lord James Arbuthnot, a former Conservative defence minister with links to the British military and intelligence establishment, was working closely with the neo-conservative Henry Jackson Society (HJS), a pressure group with a strongly anti-Assange agenda. Lord Arbuthnot has hosted and chaired events for the HJS at the House of Lords and long sat on its “political council”. 
The HJS has called Assange “bonkers and paranoid” and described the asylum given to him by the government of Ecuador as “the last seedy bolthole to which Mr Assange thinks he can run”.
Priti Patel, the current UK home secretary who will sign off Assange’s US extradition if ordered by the court, has also been closely involved with the HJS, including receiving financial benefits from the group. 
On 6 February 2018, Lady Arbuthnot dismissed the request by Assange’s lawyers to have his arrest warrant for skipping bail withdrawn, after the Swedish investigation into sexual assault allegations was dropped. 

If this request had been granted, Assange may have been able to negotiate safe passage to Ecuador to prevent his persecution by the US government. 
---------------
more soddy stuff in article.
----
And what about Gina Haspel, current cia head.  She was in Britain as former station chief in London, while Brennan was c--director ?
Oz-
Remember all sides are corrupt. 

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 5:27 am

DAY 3:  E takes us into the courtroom

First up today is another witness, Paul Rogers, an Emeritus Professor of Peace Studies at the University of Bradford and a Global Security Consultant with the Oxford Research Group.
His testimony should be fascinating.

---
Witness follows that WL releases showed that our "successes" in the endless middle east wars were completely fake.

---
Witness opens with statement on JA's political views and says he is an enemy of the current (US) administration because of them.

----
Says without WL the real details of this would be completely unknown.

---
Witness adds that Assange criticizes the US government, not the people.

---
Witness reminds people that because of WL we know that the US was responsible for the deaths of more than 15,000 civilians that it tried to hide.
Says that WL significantly helped bring caution to global positions on war.

---
Witness is discussing senior Trump admin problems with Assange philosophy on human rights (assume mainly Pompeo and other CIA) and reminds the court that Assange is not a genuine criminal concern, but a political one.

---
Witness says that Assange's beliefs in transparency make for a wide political opinion. DoJ defines term and witness agrees but says the real definition is much wider and deals with corporations and such too.

---
DoJ and witness are sparring over what JA's political opinion means in literal terms, transparency at any cost? What information can a government withhold, if any etc.

Witness is doing well here

----
Prosecution (DoJ) apparently sent this witness over 300 pages of documents yesterday, continuing their absurd now-habit of sending witnesses huge amounts of frivolous papers last minute.

----
DoJ claims certain awards to Assange were not deserved , and only given to him because he had been arbitrarily detained (ie locked away with no human rights despite being innocent of any real charge)

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 5:54 am

Witness asked what their point was here.
Witness is sharp.

--
Witness says Julian believes that if you have a government headed toward autocracy, that it has the seeds of its own destruction within (re: leaks)

Rogers is amazing on the stand
Definitly worth hearing, it is a shame the public cannot see this.

---
DOJ, getting visibly upset that witness is performing well, tells him he has to remain unbiased and then goes over their opinion that this is a criminal matter and not a political one.

---
DoJ asks witness why he isn't considering their evidence (opinion) witness replies that he has no doubt this is motivated by politics and that he is an expert witness in political science, wars, etc. not a lawyer.

DoJ accuses him of adopting a Chomsky et al.

----
DoJ says charges against Assange came from a grand jury based on evidence and rule of law.
Rogers asks them why now and not 8 years ago, where all of their "evidence" came from.

DoJ is visibly frustrated by witness.

-----------
DoJ asks witness if he has seen evidence against Assange, witness says yes, DoJ says its under seal still. Witness clarifies, has seen indictment. DoJ says he does not know how strong it is then. Witness says , Who does?
DoJ coughs loudly.

----
DoJ, now livid with witness, is ranting a bit about prosecutors and their code of conduct and no biases.
Witness, smiling, says he is happy to accept that, but again it is not the issue. (it is the motivations of those above them).

---
DoJ asks if he means that prosecutors are not following their code?
Witness says the motivation of the people above them is the real issue.

----
DoJ quotes part of Assange indictment on impartiality.

Witness says, "The person who directs the Department of Justice is a political appointee."

A momentary silence falls.
Professor Rogers is great.

---
DoJ asks if Witness is saying they are acting in bad faith,
witness replies no but it is an issue of timing (why now if all evidence is nearly a decade old?)

----
DoJ attempts strawman argument saying it cannot be a political persecution because they are not prosecuting Assange for the collateral murder video.
(this is a bizarrely weak argument)

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 6:02 am

For background: DoJ has dropped all cases on the collateral murder video, because it makes them look so terrible and horrible that they cannot win any case wherein it is used as evidence.
---
DoJ has asked for a break.
Witness ate them alive.
I want to fist bump Professor Rogers right now. Brilliant man.

----

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 7:03 am

DoJ is reiterating their claimed motivation for prosecuting assange.
Witness says they need to discuss the major change between 2007-2011 in the United States.

----
Witness says Assange believes wars are started by lies, whether you agree with that is irrelevant but those are his political views.
---
Defense just quoted an old WaPo article that claimed admin insiders said there would be no prosecution; again poking holes in the DoJ assertion that there was no decision to close the case.

----
Witness says there was a disagreement between senior DoJ officials that would explain the different stance between Obama and Trump admins on Assange.

Witness says extra indictments against Assange came under Barr, once Sessions was replaced; and attempts were made to drive public mood toward prosecuting.
----
Lunch break for an hour.
When court resumes a new witness will take the stand.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 8:36 am

@ETheFriend
1h
Professor Rogers witness statement from this morning, in full (pdf format)

https://bridgesforfreedom.media/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/10-Statement-of-Professor-Paul-Rogers.pdf
---
The next witness up is Trevor Timm, executive director of FreedomofthePress (think Snowden org).
Should, again, be interesting testimony.

---
But first, more technical difficulties. Smile
------------------
First the video and audio failed for the witness, then video link resumed but no sound... still being sorted out.

It's 2020, and you can skype with astronauts in space... but don't tell the UK Court's IT department ...

-----
Okay, we have good audio and video for witness finally.... now the judge just needs to come back...
---
Defense is now walking through witness statement, his career with FreedomofthePress. His understanding of laws around journalism etc.
----
Witness says he is quite familiar with working with (getting and recieving) classified information. Pentagon Papers are mentioned.
He says that nearly every important investigative story has classified information contained within it.

---
Witness is now discussing first amendment rights & how previous admins threatened prosecution of journalists but never went through with it due to the danger to freedom of the press. He is citing a few specific examples from the early afghanistan war under Bush.
---
Witness says that there is nothing out of the ordinary in terms of what Assange and Manning did re: criminality and journalism, and that many journalists use those same tactics and methods all the time, both before and after they did.
---
Witness goes on to say that this is the first time the espionage act has been used against someone who is not a federal employee, and that the global consensus is that it represents a clear and present danger to the freedom of information as a whole.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 8:59 am

Witness just pointed out that had the law been applied like this during the Watergate scandal, those who exposed Nixen's wrongdoing would have been criminalized.
---
Witness is discussing secure dropboxes now, which many news organizations use to have docs. securely leaked to them. He says that if asking a source for classified information is illegal, than surely this is illegal too, making whistleblowing entirely impossible.
----
Witness points out that over 80 major news organizations use secure dropboxes and quite literally advertise that fact asking for people explicitly to leak documents to them.
---
Witness maintains that WL "most wanted leaks" document (linked below), was a collaborative document that sought important information of valuable interest to the public and was/is firmly entrenched in free speech rights.

https://wikileaks.org/wiki/Draft:The_Most_Wanted_Leaks_of_2009
--------------------
Witness is now discussing how the CIA violates international and domestic law but classification laws keep it from ever being public, meaning they must rely on leaks.

Posits that he and many other journalists ask for leaks on these things.

---
Witness calls indictment against Assange unconstitutional and says it is a clear violation of first amendment rights which are supposed to be afforded to every organization, WL included.
---
DoJ asks about FoP giving assange $100,000 for legal expenses (trying to smear witness, FoP funds many journalist cases, this is its purpose).
Witness says they do not seek reimbursment.
DoJ presses, asking if he feels threatened by their prosecution of Assange.

--
DoJ calls witness biased and says he is supposed to be impartial.

Witness replies: I support Press Freedom.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 9:48 am

DoJ remarks that Assange is not considered a journalist by their prosecution (which is false, they have called him a journalist numerous times in this case now)

Witness says that is irrelevant, he is considered by the US to be engaging as a journalist & publisher.

---
DoJ is now mad again.
Apparently this witness was also sent the 350+ page packet yesterday, and obviously has not had time to read it.
DoJ blames defense, even though they also just got it sent to them by DoJ prosecution.

Ridiculous.

----
The DoJ has an emerging pattern of being mad that these witnesses didnt update their statements to include 350+ pages of information no one was given until yesterday. This is the third witness to recieve such treatment.

---
DoJ again claims they are not going after Assange for publishing.
Witness replies that the indictment says otherwise: Talking to sources becomes a crime, possession of information becomes a crime & that criminalizing common journalistic practice is a huge concern.

---
DoJ retorts that witness left out the hacking charge (that assange helped Manning hack classified systems for information, a patently untrue claim already disproven in Manning's case).
Now DoJ is ranting but hasnt followed up on hacking comment.

----
DoJ pushes in on Witness.
Asks if there is a line on this sort of thing.
Witness replies Yes.
DoJ says, And someone has to draw it?
Witness again says Yes and that they saw the chat logs, but not the sealed evidence (which, again exonerated Manning in this matter)

---
DoJ finishes by saying it was to break into a computer, this is incorrect and witness immediately corrects them saying it was to protect Manning's identity, again protecting sources and well entrenched within first amendment rights.

---
DoJ now raising issues on illegaly aquired information.
Defense tries to interrupt but DoJ talks over them loudly asking, Is hacking a password a crime?
(again this is in reference to Assange and Manning, a still patently untrue claim)

----
Witness says there is a difference between responsible journalism & illegal criminal conduct. His opinion is that Assange is protected by First Amendment rights.

---
DoJ then says that a jury will decide this matter.
Witness quickly corrects him saying, No, a judge will ultimately decide whether this is unconstitutional.

--
DoJ is quoting MSM outlets on publishing unredacted docs. .
Witness says that those papers have done many things with which the DoJ would disgree; But that it is a whole different matter to call such conduct criminal, that all those orgs have condemned this case.

-----

Witness says that Manning case showed there was no harm (glad they finally said it) & that DoJ is trying to twist his words. The prosecution is unconstitutional.

DoJ asks (snidely) how he would know about legal matters.

Witness replies: I am a barrister (lawyer).

-----

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:07 am

Witness is discussing the counts against Assange, and how the bulk are just about communicating with a source. Discusses "DeepThroat" during the Nixon admin and says he is truly glad such information was not criminal to pursue then.
---
Witness replies that he is not saying they (DoJ) acted illegally or in bad faith, but that there was a disagreement in the Senior department of the DoJ (echoing earlier testimony from Prof Rogers), and that they should have to face the consequences of that.

----
DoJ following the exact same questions as yesterday: Why did you not include our assumptions in your report?
Witness says he is here to testify about journalistic practices, not legal matters.
DoJ asks if he means they (prosecution) they are acting in bad faith.

----
DoJ is now arguing with judge because he wants more time to cross-ex the witness... he has had over an hour now... DoJ is a sore loser today.

----
Defense is now talking to witness.
Says Gov. press release claims Assange is not a journalist (even though they have said otherwise numerous times in this case now).
Asks witness if soliciting information is a crime.
Witness replies: No & dangerous to criminalize it.

----
Witness says it is the role of journalists to not just publish, but investigate and gather actual news.

But that while stealing information is a crime, none of the counts against Assange allege theft.

----
Witness says US gov. is not saying JA actually helped Manning access classified documents. He only helped her stay anonymous. They are using it to cover up their real intention, which is an attack on freedom of information.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:39 am

@ETheFriend
1h
DoJ objects to this characterization, quotes their own press release saying it was to help "facilitate the acquisition" of classified Intel (it clearly hasn't dawned on DoJ yet that this language actually proves the defense point)

#AssangeCase

Quote Tweet
E.@ETheFriend
· 1h
Witness says US gov. is not saying JA actually helped Manning access classified documents. He only helped her stay anonymous. They are using it to cover up their real intention, which is an attack on freedom of information.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defense asks witness if Assange helping shield Manning's identity is protected?
Witness replies that Journalists have a first amendment right to protect their sources identities.

----
Witness says DOJ is lying when they say they are only prosecuting Assange over cables that name names. Majority of counts reference all cables released.

----
I believe the witness is done now. Defense and prosecution are discussing timing issues with the Judge.
Court day here is almost over.

---
The Judge says that the defense should get an extension on time to question the witness since the DoJ went over by more than half an hour.
DoJ is objecting, of course, will let you know what comes of it.

------------
The judge said for them to agree on a timeframe or she will rule on it. DoJ lawyer rudely refuses.
Wow.

----------
Court is over for the Day, Judge will rule on timing tomorrow. Wants to start at 10 not 10:30, is checking if Prison can facilitate Assange defense team for that. (they are supposed to get an hour beforehand with him everyday)

----
Tomorrow's day in Kangaroo Court begins bright and early at either 5 or 530 am est.
I will continue to cover every second possible of this trial, since absolutely no MSM outlet is doing proper reporting on it.
We will not let Assange go down without a fight.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 10:58 am

You are the news, so don't just read about the Assange case here; share it far and wide.
Enlighten and empower your fellow citizens. Wake them as you wake yourself.

Thank you for participating.

----
(JA's freedom is our freedom, our right to truth if we'll have any)

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 1:52 pm

Follow up:
E.
There are multiple lawyers on both sides of the Assange case, making it much easier to refer to them as DoJ (department of justice/ prosecution) or Defense (Assange team).
Today's DoJ lawyer is named Lewis, and he has been there since this trial started.

(me: he strikes me as overly confident of his 'case', and not terribly competent. But then, his 'case' is full of holes..so what's to be competent with or about.) (I keep meaning to check Daily Mail and other Brit papers to see if they're covering it. Having those articles from yesterday resurface would be lovely: the hidden judge? )
---
E.
Let us stay resolved to raise our voices loudly together during the course of the Assange trial. Let us fight for the person who fought for us.
-
This is about one life that hangs in the balance, set against the corrupt. One life that gave everything so you could have truth.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 6:19 pm

@ETheFriend
1h

BREAKING:
I was correct. Letters Rogatory were indeed served on Julian Assange for testimony in the Seth Rich case.

Quote Tweet

@ETheFriend
 Aug 27
BREAKING: Letters Rogatory were just issued in the Rich v. Fox case. Meaning it is likely the Court has moved forward with its previous order to get testimony from Assange in the Seth Rich case.
Letters Rogatory is when one Country's court sends another Country's court a request.

-----------------------
The preliminary information:

Update in Rich v Fox News:
Court orders both parties to finish filing information. It grants Fox's request to file certain exhibits with redactions/under seal; and directs the plaintiffs to likewise finish filing paperwork.
Likely some of this will reach the public docket soon.

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Ehgfls_XkAAO-46?format=jpg&name=medium

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Ehgfqw6XcAAZ2W8?format=jpg&name=medium

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2020 6:26 pm

How badly do you think
@DWStweets
and
@HillaryClinton
are freaking out right now?
-----
Julian Assange to testify about Seth Rich murder.

---
NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Ehgkf91WsAEY5se?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 5:44 am

Thurs 10 Sept
Hearing for Assange today has been postponed today while we wait to get covid test results from the spouse of one of the DoJ lawyers.

Case management will still be discussed but likely no proceedings.

----
Judge is conferring with her superior right now as to how to proceed.

----
It is utterly ridiculous that the entire court proceeding for Assange has been put on hold because the spouse of one of the DoJ lawyers is presenting covid-like symptoms.

Do we do this when lawyers' spouses get a flu?
The courtroom was already all but empty.

----
This is a mess. We have a prosecutor video-linked in with dying laptop, both lawyers are here for the defense. Assange is on his way into the courtroom; and no one actually knows if this is proceeding properly today.
...And I thought the tech problems were bad.

------
DoJ agrees, says cross-ex is impossible by video link. Asks court to adjourn until Monday.

-----
Defense just objected, saying if Covid is in the court room, they absolutely should not be in there.

(reminder that Julian has a preexisting lung condition)

----
Judge just said court will continue... Basic case management is proceeding with DoJ prosecution attending by video link from his UK apartment.

-----
Judge has granted an adjournment until Monday at the behest of both defense and prosecution.
-
She clarifies that we will have the Covid test results tomorrow and will proceed by video link if necessary beyond that.

-----

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 6:45 pm

@ETheFriend
1h
Julian Assange is responsible for some of the greatest investigative journalism of our time. He exposed assassination plots, illegally kept prisoners, secret torture programs, war crimes; and vast amounts of government corruption.

We must fight to ensure the freedom of his voice

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE Ehl0sW_X0AAiZ-5?format=jpg&name=medium

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2020 9:29 pm

@ETheFriend
1h

Finally, some MSM coverage on Assange.

Thank you
@TuckerCarlson
and
@ggreenwald

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

Monday, Sept. 14.  

The audio was so messed up they finally had to reschedule for tomorrow.  At one point the audio feed
was hacked and a news broadcast about Wikileaks was piped in loudly.  

Today's (tomorrow's) witness is Eric Lewis, a DC based attorney, and is expected to be an all day affair.

A few things were brought up: 

Discussed today has largely been the prison conditions under which Assange is being kept and whether they have negatively impacted his mental health.
Things like how the prison was only letting him out of solitary at 3am to exercise for months on end.

Julian was kept in solitary so long (months on end) that the actual prisoners held at Belmarsh threatened to riot if the prison didn't release him into general population. It took an army of prisoners, to do the right thing.

At one point for about 20 minutes the court has lost feed to the Witness entirely.
Earlier a heated argument took place between the Judge and the DoJ about the DoJ wanting more time to examine witness (they have four hours, and the judge reminded them their are 39 witnesses)

@ETheFriend
1h
Court has been adjourned until tomorrow due to technical issues.

Kangaroo Court will continue then.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2020 10:47 am

@ETheFriend
1h

To the small handful of people covering the Assange case alongside me, thank you; I cannot imagine less coverage of a more important figure.
To the sea of people following & spreading word of what is transpiring behind closed doors, you may end up saving many lives.
Thank you.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE   NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW INDICTMENT AGAINST J ASSANGE
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next