Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.

Go down 
+2
Blessed1313
researcher
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. Empty
PostSubject: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am

I'm getting private messages about problems. They center around the editor functions. Myself, I'm having problems as well. I don't have buttons to embed video, color, smilies etc. ALL my editor functions have gone kaput since last night. I don't have a clue!

Last edited by researcher on Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:38 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add info)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Some of the posts are not showing up.  It seems the main page is only displaying the first few posts or something. 

I can't see some of the other posts until I hit "reply to topic"   Then they are visible.  Like there is no page 2 or something...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:29 pm

It's MIB wanting to stop me. No just joking i think. Still having the same problems I messaged you about, again so sorry your getting this on your birthday. Well Happy Birthday anyway and hope you liked the gift David and I sent.Shocked
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 pm

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR . . . been working on the problems but so far getting no joy. I've sent Delfi a PM to see if she has any ideas. My idea bucket has run dry. The only button I have when I hit preview is the "change editor function" button and that one doesn't do anything. There is no editor to change. Something has glitched tween last night and this morning. I'll keep trying to figure it out.

Meanwhile, try a computer reboot, delete your board cookies, log back in and see if that helps you. I did all that and it didn't do anything for me but who knows, it may help you.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Blessed1313

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 3:03 pm

Ditto Researcher...............no editor functions available.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Have you noticed that the quick reply has a lot more functions than it did before? That might possibly have something to do with it. This is the first time I've used it and it's not bad. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 4:53 pm

Oooo! I love the smilies. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:13 pm

jem wrote:
Have you noticed that the quick reply has a lot more functions than it did before? That might possibly have something to do with it. This is the first time I've used it and it's not bad. Smile

Yes, I noticed, but I also noticed that the other stuff broke when it showed up. I'm at a total loss as to why??? When I preview what I've done the editor goes completely away and there is no way to get it back. Bad, bad should I want to modify something before I send it to the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: me   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 5:23 pm

me, but I just fixed my problems on my end... with new text editor and formatting so hopefully handles my past over running text.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 6:57 pm

A PM message from Delfi below that she asked me to pass along. If anyone can fix it superwoman can. Meanwhile when I start recording Hagmann at 6pm PST I won't be available to even touch my computer as the recording will pick up ANYTHING the computer sounds off on. I'll be back on afterwards about 9pm-ish.

Delfi wrote:
Oh my! They installed a new editor. I have to go into the code and remove and add about a dozen things. For the moment all the controls are in the editor at the bottom of the page in the quick reply position. I'm covered in pond water, been cleaning the filter, Smile so, I'm going to take a quick shower and start working on it. Love Delf

If you like you can make a note to the members about while I try to fix it. Smile Pray!!!! Pray hard, I start feeling a little pale when I go into that place.....(the code box I mean) lol

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:11 pm

spring2 wrote:
me, but I just fixed my problems on my end... with new text editor and formatting so hopefully handles my past over running text.

Heehee!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

Allrighty everyone, Smile I have done what I can and the rest is up to the forumotion folks!  I expect results pretty quickly, the editor is still in Beta so they're  testing things..... I'm going to try not to bother them, while they are nice, they're very persnickety, I think it's a French excellence thing.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 2:04 pm

Wow, I hope it's soon?
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 5:45 pm

When this new editor appeared yesterday the change apparently bled over to one members permissions and reset them all to off, meaning that the person could no longer start a topic. I had to reinstate the permissions. The member was still able to post to a topic that was already going though. Very strange? If anyone else is having high weirdness in an account that worked fine before the changes, please PM a mod or leave a message here on this thread.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Researcher, I still only have the editor button, I can still post but nothing else any suggestions?

Z
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm

ColonelZ wrote:
Researcher, I still only have the editor button, I can still post but nothing else any suggestions?

Z

I have the same. Go about 5 postings up and look at what Delfi had to say. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon but til then, hang in there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:18 am

ColonelZ wrote:

Z

Same here still. Got some good post to get out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

I'm going through smilie withdrawal...
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:13 pm

Rose, the quick reply is now a full editor. With smilies. Smile
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 12:20 pm

JEW wrote:
Delfi, that's one funny video...funny what you can find, eh?
Wbap radio went on a kick a  couple of years ago and they started playing these.  Here's another, Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:15 pm

The problem I've been having with the forum is not being able to read it on my iPad. The index page is fine but when a post is opened, there is black text on a dark gray background. If I could pinch it larger, it would help make the text more visible but it won't resize. I don't have this problem on other forums. Other text colors are readable like aqua, dark blue, and orange but for some reason, not the yellow. Sad
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:35 pm

Jem, the Ipad has a classic version that you can open. At the top is a grey/blue bar with   the Watcher title, you'll see a black space to the right of it. click that and it will open into classic version. Smile the mobile version is not compatible with our forum colors.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm hoping they get to this before the weekend but they have 14 pages of problems and I've posted twice already, pale If I dare post again they will yell at me..... They're kind of that way... Researcher knows! Smile Ahh, the French, J'aime les Francais, Vraiment je ne.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 2:46 pm

jem wrote:
It's about all we have, Smile I'm glad you like it though, comparatively speaking, we're having fewer problems than others, from what I've read.  I quoted you and it gave me this blank editor so I'm going to copy and paste this whole thing to the quick reply, so I can send you a smile. Smile
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Yeah, which doesn't work. explode
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 5:24 pm

It's not an epic fail! Rofl  I kind of like the quick editor, haven't checked all the functions but  I love the color box, so much quicker and easier than the bbcodes.  All that work I did though, is now for naught. Oh well.  Forummotion has a good reputation for being quick about fixing things.  I'm optimistic! Innocent
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 5:38 pm

I like the new editor in the preview mode too. But I sure do miss the one we had after you did a quick preview. BTW, nix that 14 pages stuff on the support forum Delfi mentioned above. I was just there and it's now 38 pages. I'm betting these guys are busting their collective @$$e$ to get some fixes up. alien : more coffee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 5:58 pm

It's BEAUTIFUL! Now it looks just like it does on my computer. Thanks DelfI. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:00 pm

38! did they answer my post? I'm afraid to post again,
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:02 pm

My pleasure Jem! Smile

Last edited by Delfi on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 6:36 pm

My bad peeps on that 38 page thing. I had two different pages opened at the same time and quoted the wrong one. It's really 15 pages. Sorry bout that.

Back to top Go down
Proskuneo

Proskuneo

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:12 am

It's the government trying to stop us. Suspect LOL!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:48 pm

Proskuneo wrote:
It's the government trying to stop us. Suspect LOL!
Sometimes, I think something is! Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:40 am

Okay, I just tried the quick reply and I love it!  However, I can't use it when making an original post (new topic).  I'll be patient (I can always use practice with this Wink).
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:45 am

Well, they just released a code to fix the tiny jumpy smilies! I put it in and it works! Smile Yay! I'm going back to see what else they have posted. Smile Yay!

Rose, until the editors are fixed you can do what I do and use the quick rply to form your post then copy and paste it into a new post. I know, it sucks but  they are working on things! Smile
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:09 am

Thank heavens we have Supergirl to mess around with CSS codes and what-not. The smilies look great!!! I know about as much about CSS and codes as I know about piloting the space shuttle. There might be another small problem Supergirl can look into if time permits. Delfi, I don't know if this is showing up to anyone else but your siggy is smearing all over the place. This started happening when the editor changed. A picture below so you can see. I love you

Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. Delfi-10
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 am

Check it out! I just used the Post reply box!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy. Very Happy
Researcher, I'm not seeing that, I'm using IE. hmmmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:35 am

This is how dumb I am, I though  this forum was phpbb, because it says that at the bottom. Luckily I saw my error when I posted on the forumotion Geeks, forum. faceypalm
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 10:41 am

researcher wrote:
Thank heavens we have Supergirl to mess around with CSS codes and what-not.  The smilies look great!!!  I know about as much about CSS and codes as I know about piloting the space shuttle.  There might be another small problem Supergirl can look into if time permits.  Delfi, I don't know if this is showing up to anyone else but your siggy is smearing all over the place.  This started happening when the editor changed.  A picture below so you can see.  I love you

Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. Delfi-10
Try, clearing your cache.... I think it's at the bottom of the page.
Idk if it will work, it's just one of the Forum geek suggestions.

Also, if you are using the quote and can't get out of the quote box, just click the last icon above (switch editor mode) and it will remove the boxes and let you type.

I like Supergirl! chuckle
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:03 am

Well, I think this is pretty much fixed. Please report any problems.Gotta tone down the color of these editor boxes but Yay! party
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:08 am

Researcher, I'm using firefox now and I'm still not seeing it.  Let me think for a bit,
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:33 am

No problemo, cleared cache, logged out and back in, etc. seems to be OK now.  Who woulda thunk it?  Thankeee dahlin'.  love

Oh my goodness, I see a - - -  GASP - - - an editor now when I previewed my literary masterpiece before 'for real' posting.  Happy happy joy joy.

Change Supergirl to Wonderwoman!
Back to top Go down
Delfi
Elite
Delfi

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:37 am

Do you like the new editor? I think it's easier....
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:13 pm

Delfi, your signature (in blue) seems to bleed over sometimes onto the post below it.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Delfi, your signature (in blue) seems to bleed over sometimes onto the post below it.

I had that too. Empty your browser cache, close browser, re-boot computer. That cured it for me.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Researcher, that seems to have fixed it. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:26 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Researcher, that seems to have fixed it.  Thank you!

Thank Delfi about 6-8 posts up. righton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.   Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who is Having Forum Problems???? Missing Editor Buttons - etc.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next