Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Line Crossed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:21 pm

U.S.: Syria used chemical weapons, crossing "red line"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57589252/u.s.-syria-used-chemical-weapons-crossing-red-line/

Ironic timing seeing as though there've been no new reports of this that I've read.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

Report: Syrian rebels executed a 14-year-old boy for insulting Islam

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/06/11/report-syrian-rebels-executed-a-14-year-old-boy-for-insulting-islam/

The good fellas we're arming, aiding and abetting.
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:52 pm

With all the problems we have with our own country, why are we even supporting either one of these fanatical sides in Syria??   "Crazy" is the new normal for our so-called "leaders" in Washington and this country's stupid policies, it's freedom-robbing executive orders, etc., etc.  Just plain disgusting is all I can say. 

And since we talk prophecy here...... I'll tell you the name of a REAL 20th century "prophet" .....  his name was George Orwell. 

I feel better now.  Goodnight.
Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Wag the dog.
Back to top Go down
rawblues

rawblues

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:09 pm

Kitiara wrote:
Wag the dog.

You may find this hard to believe, but my childhood pet dog was actually named "Wag."

Back to top Go down
Kitiara

Kitiara

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:20 pm

rawblues wrote:
Kitiara wrote:
Wag the dog.
You may find this hard to believe, but my childhood pet dog was actually named "Wag."

Sounds like a cute pup, rawblues! Smile
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:25 am

The Russians appear to agree that the timing is rather convenient.

Information on alleged chemical weapons use by Syrian President Bashar al-Assad that was provided by the United States to Russia “does not look convincing,” President Vladimir Putin's senior foreign policy adviser said on Friday.

“What was presented by the Americans does not look convincing to us,” Yury Ushakov told reporters at a press conference.

Ushakov also said that Washington's decision to expand U.S. military support for Assad's opponents undermines joint efforts to organize a peace conference.

“Of course if the Americans truly decide and in reality provide more large-scale assistance to rebels, assistance to the opposition, it won't make the preparation of the international conference easier,” he added.

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2013/06/14/U-S-claims-of-Syria-chemical-weapon-use-unconvincing-says-Russia-.html
Back to top Go down

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Unspecified US weapons for Syrian rebels, but no intervention to save Aleppo   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2013 8:58 am

Unspecified US weapons for Syrian rebels, but no intervention to save Aleppo

DEBKAfile Special Report June 14, 2013, 5:53 AM

The White House, in a second statement, said early Friday said the US would provide “direct military support” for the first time to the Syrian opposition after obtaining proof that the Syrian government had used the chemical weapon sarin against rebel forces. The nature of the package was not specified. The rebels responded to this apparent evasion with a demand for anti-aircraft and other advanced arms to save them from Syrian air bombardment. The first White House statement, eagerly awaited for months, amounted to a rejection by President Barack Obama of proposals to intervene to save Aleppo and Idlib from a defeat that would give Bashar Assad a decisive victory.

It followed a special consultation on Syria by the president and his national security team, necessitated by the need for drastic action to thwart the Syrian-Hizballah offensive to capture Aleppo, Syrian’s biggest city of more than 2 million..

Spokesman Jay Carney told reporters Thursday, June 13: "The president and every member of his national security team are greatly concerned by the terrible situation… and the worsening situation in Syria. As terrible as the situation is in Syria, he has to make decisions when it comes to policy toward Syria that are in the best interests of the United States.”

What Carney conveyed on behalf of the president was that while stopping the battle for Aleppo was crucially important in terms of the Syrian war, intervention was not in the interests of the United States.

Our sources learn that the US president even turned down a plan for a limited no-fly zone being imposed over the northwest city of Aleppo and the province of Idlib, the largest piece of territory still remaining in rebel hands. This plan entailed no more than 20 US and Turkish fighter bombers for preventing the Syrian air force from extending air support to the decisive Aleppo offensive launched by the Syrian army Monday as Operation Northern Storm.

Our military sources report that the Syrian and Hizballah armies need between one to two months to wrest from rebel hands the northwest town of Aleppo and Idlib province which abuts the Turkish border. While their conquest of Al Qusayr was a major regional victory, the fall of Aleppo and Idlib would make Bashar Assad the winner of the 28-month Syrian civil war, just when its death toll nears 100,000 according to official figures.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Line Crossed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Line Crossed   Red Line Crossed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Line Crossed
Page 1 of 1