Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming

Go down 
+4
researcher
Jrcole
GROUNDZERO
quietobserver
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 6:38 pm

http://www.enviroreporter.com/2013/11/boreas-storm-packs-radioactive-punch/
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 am

Iodine-131 is produced by active Nuclear fission and has a half life of 8 days. Earlier this year O'bomber aka Dick Tater saw fit to increase the 'acceptable limit' of Iodine-131 in drinking water by 27,000 times the previous limit. Articles were posted, but its getting ugly in Japan so I thought I'd revisit it. They're adjusting flight corridors & aviation fuel and or engine hours aren't cheap. Passengers don't realize they're taking the long way 'round because they run the engines harder to make up the time.

Iodine-131 reaches the good old US of A via the atmosphere, brought to you by Fukushima (actually GE but that's another rant)

With a half life of 8 days, when you see Iodine-131  wandering around it either means someone is conducting above ground nuclear tests (who knows nowadays), or you have active fission in an open air environment. Yes, Fukushima is still 'melting down' so to speak, and will continue to do so until The Lord returns.

http://www.peer.org/news/news-releases/2013/04/08/white-house-approves-radical-radiation-cleanup-rollback/

thanks to Rose from KY who reminded me of this verse awhile back:

Revelation 11:18
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
18 And the Gentiles were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the Prophets, and to thy Saints, and to them that fear thy Name, to small and great, and shouldest destroy them, which destroy the earth.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:53 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/53696470/#53696470

The canary in the coalmine.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 8:10 pm

Meta-Review of 46 Studies: Even the Lowest-Level Radiation Is Damaging to Human Health

http://www.globalresearch.ca/meta-review-of-46-studies-even-the-lowest-level-radiation-is-damaging-to-human-health/5312306

Edit to add:

ColonelZ posted this in the information thread.

http://mynaturesmedicine.com/2013/11/30/simple-plant-kills-up-to-98-of-cancer-cells-and-stops-diabetes/
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:16 pm

Courtesy of the Japanese version of the all-seeing eye of Horus errrr CBS:

"FUKUSHIMA -- The operator of the disaster-hit Fukushima No. 1 Nuclear Power Plant said on Dec. 2 that it has detected radioactive materials that topped 36,000 times the permissible level in underground water extracted in the area.
According to plant operator Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), strontium-90 and other radioactive substances that emit beta rays were detected at a level of 1.1 million becquerels per liter in underground water pumped up from an observatory well on Nov. 28. The well is located at a sea bank east of the No. 2 reactor, about 40 meters from the ocean.
The amount of detected radioactive materials hit the highest level since Nov. 25, which marked 910,000 becquerels per liter of underground water. The national allowable emission level for strontium-90, a typical radioactive isotope that emits beta rays, is less than 30 becquerels per liter of water.
TEPCO said radioactive levels in seawater within the harbor around the plant do not show any major change.
It has been feared that highly contaminated water is leaking to the ground from a trench that stretches from the No. 2 reactor building to the sea bank. The radioactive isotope detected this time suggests the possibility of radioactive materials remaining outside the trench.
Noriyuki Imaizumi, acting manager of TEPCO's Nuclear Power and Plant Siting Division, told a news conference that the company needs to investigate the matter in relation to other radioactive substances that leaked before."

http://mainichi.jp/english/english/newsselect/news/20131203p2a00m0na011000c.html

If you want to go back & read older posts in this thread you'll see the situation is rapidly deteriorating. Chart it or whatever, 500 then 700 thousand, then 900 thousand, now 1.1mm all while they're working diligently to 'fix' the problems at the plant.

"How can strontium-90 affect people's health?
Strontium-90 is chemically similar to calcium, and tends to deposit in bone and blood-forming tissue (bone marrow). Thus, strontium-90 is referred to as a "bone seeker." Internal exposure to Sr-90 is linked to bone cancer, cancer of the soft tissue near the bone, and leukemia.
Risk of cancer increases with increased exposure to Sr-90. The risk depends on the concentration of Sr-90 in the environment, and on the exposure conditions."

http://www.epa.gov/rpdweb00/radionuclides/strontium.html#affecthealth

The sea creature anomolies will only worsen dramatically as the concentration of isotopes leaked into the Pacific is worsening.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:32 pm

http://www.nuc.berkeley.edu/node/2162
http://www.tennessean.com/Story_not_found

36,000 times the acceptable limit today, that would have been 36 MILLION times the acceptable level in 2011 & we're getting two 100M olympic sized swimming pools of it a day.

No need for alarm, The Lord will be here soon, but until he arrives I'd advise you to learn the steps mentioned previously in this thread to help minimize your risk & its effects on your body.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 1:58 pm

Do yourself a favor & rent/buy "K-19, The Widowmaker". It has Harrison Ford in it, and isn't too terribly painful to watch.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/k19-the-widowmaker/

Gives you a good idea of what a melting down reactor does to people. The GE Mark-1 reactors that blew sky high at Fukushima were engineered to power US nuclear submarines, not cities. Further, they weren't supposed to have radioactive/spent fuel rods from 50 years of operation sitting right next to the darn reactor, in the event the reactor ever DID have a catastrophic problem.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 05, 2013 5:30 pm

"
“It’s a bill of the bureaucrats, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats to hide information,” opposition Democratic Party of Japan leader Banri Kaieda said Wednesday in parliament, during a debate with Mr. Abe. Public concern over the bill remains strong as it widens the coverage of what constitutes state intelligence and extends the law’s reach to include private citizens.
But rather than patiently sit through weeks of committee deliberations, the Abe administration decided early on to enact the bill during the current parliamentary session, ending Friday. "

http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2013/12/05/japans-government-railroads-controversial-secrets-bill/ 

(It's Friday in Japan, so that's all she wrote)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: TEPCO May Consider Discharging Contaminated Water Into Sea – IAEA   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 7:35 am

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Images4

TEPCO May Consider Discharging Contaminated Water Into Sea – IAEA

The head of an International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) mission in Japan monitoring the decommissioning process at the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station said Wednesday that discharging contaminated water into the Pacific Ocean might be an option for the plant’s operator. The embattled utility firm, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) , which owns and
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:00 pm

"Tokyo Electric Power Company says radiation levels are extremely high in an area near a ventilation pipe at the crippled Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

TEPCO found radiation of 25 sieverts an hour on a duct, which connects reactor buildings and the 120-meter-tall ventilation pipe.

The estimated radiation level is the highest ever detected outside reactor buildings. People exposed to this level of radiation would die within 20 minutes.

The exhaust pipe in question was used to release radioactive gases following the outbreak of the accident 2 years ago.

TEPCO says radioactive substances could remain inside the pipes."

http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/news/20131207_01.html

I added bolding & red font color. The vent pipes its referring to are the ventilation towers that blow the radiation into the GGGGRRRRREAT OUTDOORS!!!

Same concept as a residential drier.
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Might just as well throw it in the air as well as dump it into the ocean. After all, it will disperse, so says TEPCO. Nothing to worry about. Run along now.

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Sarcas11
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 4:49 pm

GROUNDZERO wrote:
WOW...I'm speechless again.
The duct that's leaking leads from Units 1 & 2 to the vent tower located between them. It then runs up to the top of the tower at 400 feet or so. This means that they've been venting that much or more radiation from that stack since 3/11/11; albeit at 40 stories high & from the tower.

The real problem is if they can't continue venting the buildings from the stacks into the atmosphere (at 40 high stories) the radiation levels at ground/sea level will force them to abandon the site. The shell of a building on the far left is Unit 1, the next one is Unit 2. Between them is the vent stack/tower. If you look you can see the very large ductwork leading from each of the Units to the stack & then off to the great outdoors.

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Pict14
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Crazy! Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Fortold In 2009 Terminator Movie!   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 7:25 am

Crazy! Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Fortold In 2009 Terminator Movie!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 08, 2013 10:00 am

Published on Feb 10, 2013

Nuked Radio with RadChick // Episode 91 air date February 5th, 2013

Operation Tomodachi was a humanitarian mission conducted in Japan after the 9.0 earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster that began March 11th, 2011 and lasted 80 days. 70,000 US servicemen & women from the Navy, Airforce, Army & Marines delivered food, blankets & water in areas of devastation. What they didn't know was the severity of radiation exposure they received since TEPCO refused to acknowledge the extent of what was happening at the Fukushima plant. A registry was created to track subsequent health problems by the Department of Defense, but that program was
recently abandoned. As many servicemen and women have already begun to exhibit severe health issues a lawsuit was filed in San Diego Federal Court against TEPCO by Environmental Law Attorney Paul Garner, to establish a medical fund for the servicemen & women who were involved in this operation as well as their families in Japan. We speak to Mike Seybourn about what it was like to work in a highly radioactive environment and what the future may hold for he and his family in terms of health. Paul Garner also joins us to discuss the lawsuit, dealing with TEPCO, and what kind of problems his clients are having.

If you were involved in Operation Tomodachi and have questions or concerns about your health status please contact Paul Garner at 760.600.0081 or email him at pcg@garnerlaw.com

Please feel free to remix and share this video on all social media.

Nuked Radio with RadChick airs Tuesday & Thursday @ 1-2 pm est on UCY.tv

PRAYER OF SALVATION - I WANT TO BE SAVED (Don't Wait!)
https://youtu.be/nqRGGYFWBek

http://www.theendtimenews.org/newsfor...

The End Time News.org
http://www.theendtimenews.org

Category

News & Politics
   License

Standard YouTube License

Created using YouTube Video Editor
   Source videos 70,000 US Service... View attributions
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 5:30 pm

This is an old article, but I thought it was worth revisiting now that the 'news' is beginning to cover the story a bit more......Its also important to note that TMI was brought under control, as was Chernobyl (entombed at least). Fuku is still a runaway ralph.....

"The Daiichi (fukushima) complex had a total of 1760 metric tons of fresh and used nuclear fuel on site last year, according to a presentation by its owners, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco). The most damaged Daiichi reactor, number 3, contains about 90 tons of fuel, and the storage pool above reactor 4, which the Nuclear Regulatory Commission's (NRC's) Gregory Jaczko reported yesterday had lost its cooling water, contains 135 tons of spent fuel. The amount of fuel lost in the core melt at Three Mile Island in 1979 was about 30 tons; the Chernobyl reactors had about 180 tons when the accident occurred in 1986. "

http://news.sciencemag.org/2011/03/how-much-fuel-risk-fukushima?rss=1
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 6:11 pm

Steve Quayle has this up, a tour of Chernobyl region:

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme4/kiddofspeed/chapter1.html

Here's another good slideshow:

http://www.businessinsider.com/chernobyl-disaster-photos-timm-suess-2012-4

The fallout has been raining down into the ocean, as well as onto the Fuku debris field for going on 3 years. If too much debris starts piling up too quickly in concentrated areas, i.e. the beach, it will more than likely be next to impossible to go near. (not that the EPA won't say its hardly more radioactive than a bushel of bananas)

Many have mentioned it before, myself included, but it could very well trigger the U.S.'s economic collapse.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:38 pm

"We know that it came from Fukushima because of when it happened and because each of the nuclear incidents -- whether it's Chernobyl, Fukushima or Three Mile Island -- they each use different mixtures in their fuel rods and they have different types of reactors. When they have an incident, they create their own signature. Looking at these ratios of plutonium, americium and cesium, you can determine which event it was tied to."

http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-news/ci_24682250/nmsu-research-center-carlsbad-monitors-environmental-effects-nuclear

Sound familiar?
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 pm

“You just see them essentially killing themselves, and it’s just really weird to see it,” said graduate student Hannah Rosen of Stanford University’s Hopkins Marine Station. Rosen said some people tried to put the squid back in the water, but the deepwater creatures swam back to shore. They don’t see the shore very often,” Rosen said “So it might just be that they don’t understand what’s going on around them, and they’re just trying to get away and don’t realize that if they swim towards the shore, they’re going to run out of water eventually.” 

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/12/11/hundreds-of-squid-wash-ashore-along-santa-cruz-county-beaches/

Get away from what?

This type of story is, very sadly, becoming a daily occurrence.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 10:30 am

FVCOM Modeling Assessment of Japan’s Tsunami Event and Impacts of Radionuclides on the Pacific Ocean

"At the surface (0 m), all particles would converge to the so-called Great Pacific Garbage Gyre. At 50 m, particles spread over a large region and reach the western US coast after 5 years. At 100 m, the eastward moving particles shows similar trajectories to the 50-m particles,but still slower. At 200 m, particles stay in the narrow region and move eastward. At 400 m, trajectories of particles are similar to those at 200 m. At 600 m, particles still show the same paths as those at 200 m, but move slower."

http://fvcom.smast.umassd.edu/research_projects/FVCOM_Tsunami/

In other words, that which doesn't come ashore on the west coast is going to park itself between CA & HI and radiate downwind for 1,000 years or so. Worse yet, many particles will more than likely 'beach' themselves in areas that will be dry at low tide & submerged at high tide.

Eventually the discussion will be made that many radionuclides like to bind with salt. Given enough time & enough leaking the Pacific will slowly lose some of its salinity. Fractionally, not one day its fresh water, but the ocean & ecosystem are very sensitive to very small changes. In theory it could cause a frozen sea ice melt as the ocean tries to 'balance' and make up for its loss in salinity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Japan to Ban All News Coverage of Fukushima – Ten Year Prison Penalty   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2013 7:45 am

Japan to Ban All News Coverage of Fukushima – Ten Year Prison Penalty
Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:02

(Before It's News)

A less-than-candid admission by the Japanese government that the situation is completely out of its hand and is adopting the Ostrich Option – But the world cannot follow suit or stand by any more because this also means “It Will Get Even Worse…” T Dennen

Fukushima continues to spew out radiation. The quantities seem to be rising, as do the impacts.

The site has been infiltrated by organized crime. There are horrifying signs of ecological disaster in the Pacific and human health impacts in the United States.

But within Japan, a new State Secrets Act makes such talk punishable by up to ten years in prison.

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 FUKUSHIMA(7)   Taro 
Yamamoto, a Japanese legislator, says the law “represents a coup d’état” leading to “the recreation of a fascist state.” The powerful Asahi Shimbun newspaper compares it to “conspiracy” laws passed by totalitarian Japan in the lead-up to Pearl Harbour, and warns it could end independent reporting on Fukushima.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has been leading Japan in an increasingly militaristic direction. Tensions have increased with China. Massive demonstrations have been renounced with talk of “treason.” 

But it’s Fukushima that hangs most heavily over the nation and the world.

Under the new State Secrets Act, the government could ban—and arrest—all independent media under any conditions at Fukushima, throwing a shroud of darkness over a disaster that threatens us all.

A year ago a Japanese professor was detained 20 days without trial for speaking out against the open-air incineration of radioactive waste.

Now Prime Minister Abe can do far worse. The Times of India reports that the State Secrets Act is unpopular, and that Abe’s approval ratings have dropped with its passage.

But the new law may make Japan’s democracy a relic of its pre-Fukushima past.
It’s the cancerous mark of a nuclear regime bound to control all knowledge of a lethal global catastrophe now ceaselessly escalating.

Visit EcoWatch’s NUCLEAR page for more related news on this topic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: We should have told public this sooner…   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 15, 2013 7:02 am

Tepco: We should have told public this sooner… we failed to cool molten fuel after meltdowns began — Experts: Fukushima cesium release could be more than triple Chernobyl (PHOTO)

Asahi Shimbun, Dec. 14, 2013: Fire engines were used in a desperate, and ultimately futile, attempt to pump water to cool overheating reactors during the early phase of the 2011 Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant disaster, Tokyo Electric Power Co. said. According to a Dec. 13 report by the operator of the crippled facility, water was pumped in sufficient quantity to avert core meltdowns in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 reactors, but much of it strayed into irrelevant pipes and ended up elsewhere. [...] water failed to cool it and the other reactors efficiently, and could not stop the core meltdowns in the No. 1, No. 2 and No. 3 reactors. [...] TEPCO officials said they knew as early as late March 2011 [...] “We should have shared the finding with the public in the belief it would help promote universal safety, but failed to do so,” said [a] TEPCO Managing Executive Officer [...]Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 2Q==

Estimate of Consequences from the Fukushima Disaster, Nordic PSA Conference (nuclear utilities in Finland and Sweden), September 2011: Estimate of releases from aerial survey [...] The National Nuclear Security Administration NNSA (USDOE) has published an aerial map of projected one year doses from contamination. [...] The assessment takes into account symmetrical deposition on the ocean, weather patterns [...] a correction for the remainder of activity in the cloud beyond 100 km, and a further correction for continuous low level releases for the rest of the time that it will take TEPCO to stop them [...] which gives the final assumption for Cs137 release of 2.85 E+17 Bq [...] it could be assumed that the results obtained with this method can be interpreted as an upper bound of all estimates. [...]Table 6 

Comparison of estimates of releases

• Chernobyl 8.5E16 (85 quadrillion Bq of cesium-137)
  • Estimate from USDOE aerial survey 2.9E17 (285 quadrillion Bq of cesium-137)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fukushima Aftermath? 98 Percent Of The Pacific Ocean Floor Covered By Dead Sea Creatures   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:43 am

Fukushima Aftermath? 98 Percent Of The Pacific Ocean Floor Covered By Dead Sea Creatures

Michael Snyder | The Truth | December 16, 2013

According to an absolutely shocking study that has just been released, one area of the Pacific Ocean floor was 98 percent covered by decomposing sea creatures in July 2012.  But in March 2012, only 1 percent of that same section of the Pacific Ocean floor was covered by dead sea creatures. 

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 800px-Drops_Imapct-300x225
Photo: Wikimedia Commons

This study has been going on for 24 years, and the scientists that are running this study say that during “the past 2 years” they have seen “the biggest amounts of this detritus by far”.  In other words, the scientists that are studying this section of the ocean floor have never seen anything quite like this before.  And when you consider this in conjunction with all of the other reports that have been coming in of sea creatures dying all over the Pacific Ocean, it is only natural to start asking some hard questions.  Could radiation from Fukushima be responsible for all of this death?

National Geographic recently published a very interesting article about this study of the Pacific Ocean floor.  The scientists running the study cannot really explain the very strange changes that they have observed since 2011…

Quote :
In March 2012, less than one percent of the seafloor beneath Station M was covered in dead sea salps. By July 1, more than 98 percent of it was covered in the decomposing organisms, according to the study, published this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The major increase in activity of deep-sea life in 2011 and 2012 weren’t limited to Station M, though: Other ocean-research stations reported similar data.

Although climate change is a leading contender for explaining the major increases in 2011 and 2012, Huffard says that these spikes could be part of a longer-term trend that scientists haven’t yet observed.

Even though they do not have a “scientific explanation” for what is happening, the scientists are admitting that they have never seen a die-off of this magnitude in the 24 years that this study has been going on…

Quote :
“In the 24 years of this study, the past 2 years have been the biggest amounts of this detritus by far,”  said study leader Christine Huffard, a marine biologist at the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute in California.

Could this phenomenon possibly be related to what has been going on at Fukushima?

It should be a fair question to ask.  Especially in light of all of the other sea creature deaths that have been happening all over the Pacific.  The following is a short excerpt from a recent CNN article…

Quote :
“One of my favorite sayings right now is we may be experiencing global weirding,” Jim Covel at the Monterey Bay Aquarium said.
The Pacific recently has seen its fair share of weird. Last year, there was an invasion of Humboldt squid around coastal California and sea lion dying off in worrying numbers. And in recent weeks, disturbingly, sea stars – from Alaska to San Diego are wasting away, literally melting.

So what in the world would cause sea stars to begin “literally melting”?

Once again, scientists do not have an answer.

But clearly, something definitely appears to be significantly affecting life throughout the Pacific Ocean.  In fact, one very experienced Australian adventurer has stated that he felt as though “the ocean itself was dead” as he journeyed from Japan to San Francisco recently…

Quote :
The next leg of the long voyage was from Osaka to San Francisco and for most of that trip the desolation was tinged with nauseous horror and a degree of fear.

“After we left Japan, it felt as if the ocean itself was dead,” Macfadyen said.

“We hardly saw any living things. We saw one whale, sort of rolling helplessly on the surface with what looked like a big tumour on its head. It was pretty sickening.

“I’ve done a lot of miles on the ocean in my life and I’m used to seeing turtles, dolphins, sharks and big flurries of feeding birds. But this time, for 3000 nautical miles there was nothing alive to be seen.”

In place of the missing life was garbage in astounding volumes.

“Part of it was the aftermath of the tsunami that hit Japan a couple of years ago. The wave came in over the land, picked up an unbelievable load of stuff and carried it out to sea. And it’s still out there, everywhere you look.”

Shouldn’t someone out there be trying to put all of the pieces together and asking if Fukushima could somehow be responsible for all of this?

For much more on the epidemic of death that we have been witnessing in the Pacific Ocean lately, please check out some of my previous articles about Fukushima…

-”28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima”
-”Something Is Killing Life All Over The Pacific Ocean – Could It Be Fukushima?”
-”What Is Happening To Alaska? Is Fukushima Responsible For The Mass Animal Deaths?”

And this is a crisis that is not going away any time soon.  In fact, it just keeps getting worse.  The Japanese government has estimated that approximately 300 tons of highly radioactive water is pouring into the Pacific Ocean from the destroyed Fukushima nuclear facility every single day, and according to a recent RT article, outdoor radiation levels at Fukushima recently hit a new all-time high…

Quote :
Outdoor radiation levels have reached their highest at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant, warns the operator company.  Radiation found in an area near a steel pipe that connects reactor buildings could kill an exposed person in 20 minutes, local media reported.

So the total amount of radioactive material that has been released into the Pacific Ocean is constantly going up, and considering the fact that some of these radioactive particles have a half-life of about 30 years, all of this nuclear material is going to be sitting in the Pacific for a very, very long time.

And guess what?  Even more highly radioactive water may soon be released into the Pacific Ocean.  The Japanese are running out of places to store the radioactive water that they have been able to capture, and the IAEA is actually recommending that the “storage problem” should be solved by dumping the water into the ocean…

Quote :
In an attempt to solve the storage problem the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) proposed on Wednesday to consider dumping toxic water into the ocean after lowering the level of radioactive materials.

It is almost as if they consider the Pacific Ocean to be a giant trash dumpster.
And the mainstream media has been greatly misleading the public as to the true nature of the disaster at Fukushima.

According to nuclear expert Mycle Schneider, the lead author of the World Nuclear Industry status reports, the rest of the world should be very alarmedby what is happening…

Quote :
“It is much worse than we have been led to believe, much worse.”

But the mainstream media in the United States really doesn’t talk much about Fukushima anymore.

They seem to believe that it isn’t a crisis worth talking about anymore.

Meanwhile, dangerous radiation levels are being measured all over the country.

NETC, an independent organization that collects and monitors radiation data from locations all over America, recently issued an alert for Austin, Texas and Grand Junction, Colorado…

Quote :
RADCON 5 Alerts have been reported in both Austin, Texas as well as Grand Junction, Colorado as shared in the screenshots below from the Nuclear Emergency Tracking Center – NETC. Radiation levels are also way above normal background levels in St. George, Utah and Augusta, Georgia.

Posted below is a picture of what the NETC map looked like when those alerts were issued…

Over the past couple of years, radiation levels have been abnormally high in the U.S. – especially in the western half of the country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What Is Happening To Alaska? Is Fukushima Responsible For The Mass Animal Deaths?   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16, 2013 7:44 am

What Is Happening To Alaska? Is Fukushima Responsible For The Mass Animal Deaths?

Michael Snyder | The Truth | December 16, 2013
Why are huge numbers of dead birds dropping dead and washing up along the coastlines of Alaska?

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 800px-NOAA_arctic_spring_1950_corp1104-300x195It is being reported that many of the carcases of the dead birds are “broken open and bleeding”.  The photo of some of these dead birds at the top of this article was originally posted by Alaska native David Akeya on Facebook.  You can find more photos of these dead birds right here.  And of course it isn’t just birds that are dying.  As you will see below, something is causing mass death events among various populations of fish as well. 
In addition, it has been reported that large numbers of polar bears, seals and walruses in Alaska are being affected by hair loss and “oozing sores”.  So precisely what is causing all of this?  Could Fukushima be responsible?  Authorities are claiming that all of this is being caused by “disease” or “harsh weather”, but are they actually telling us the truth?  Evaluate the evidence that I have shared below and decide for yourself…
#1 Something is causing large numbers of dead birds to wash up on shores all over Alaska.  The following is a report from Alaska Public Media about just one of these incidents…
Quote :
Hundreds of dead birds washed up on the shores of St. Lawrence Island towards the end of November. And though the cause of the die off isn’t yet known, the quick response demonstrates a mounting capacity for dealing with unexpected environmental events in the region.
Scientists do not know why this is happening.  Some of them are blaming “harsh weather”.
#2 Something is causing large numbers of seals and walruses to lose hair and develop “oozing sores”…
Quote :
For example, while skin ulcers and other conditions — hair loss, lethargy, oozing sores, bloody mucous, congested lungs — are affecting seals and walruses, it’s not known if the two species are suffering from the same sickness. And although much studying has been done to determine whether it’s the result of a virus or radiation, and no tests have linked these origins to the illness, it’s not yet known what the root cause is. Toxins and environmental factors, like harmful algae blooms and thermal burns, are under consideration. As is whether allergy, hormone or nutritional problems might play a role.
Once again, scientists do not know why this is happening.
#3 Polar bears along the Alaska coastlines are also suffering from fur loss and open sores…
Quote :
Wildlife experts are studying whether fur loss and open sores detected in nine polar bears in recent weeks is widespread and related to similar incidents among seals and walruses.
The bears were among 33 spotted near Barrow, Alaska, during routine survey work along the Arctic coastline. Tests showed they had “alopecia, or loss of fur, and other skin lesions,” the U.S. Geological Survey said in a statement.
#4 The population of sockeye salmon along the coastlines of Alaska is at a “historic low”…
Quote :
Aboriginal people in British Columbia who rely on Skeena River sockeye are facing some extremely difficult decisions as sockeye salmon returns plunge to historic lows.
Lake Babine Chief Wilf Adam was on his way to Smithers, B.C., on Monday for a discussion about whether to entirely shut down the food fishery on Lake Babine, something he said would be drastic and unprecedented – but may ultimately be necessary.
Authorities say that the number of sockeye salmon has dropped by more than 80 percent since last year…
Quote :
Mel Kotyk, North Coast area director for the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, said the department’s monitoring activities were finding one of the lowest runs in 50 years.
Only 453,000 sockeye are expected to swim along the Skeena this year, Kotyk said, compared to approximately 2.4 million last year, forcing all commercial and recreational Skeena sockeye fisheries to be closed.

#5 Something is causing Pacific herring to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs…
Quote :
Independent fisheries scientist Alexandra Morton is raising concerns about a disease she says is spreading through Pacific herring causing fish to hemorrhage.
Ms. Morton has called on the federal Department of Fisheries and Oceans to investigate, saying it could cause large-scale herring kills and infect wild salmon, which feed heavily on herring.
“I’ve been seeing herring with bleeding fins,” Ms. Morton said Monday. “Two days ago I did a beach seine on Malcolm Island [near Port McNeill on northern Vancouver Island] and I got approximately 100 of these little herring and they were not only bleeding from their fins, but their bellies, their chins, their eyeballs. These are very, very strong disease symptoms.”
#6 Some residents of Alaska are absolutely convinced that Fukushima is to blame for the rapidly declining fish populations.  For example, just check out the following excerpt from a recent editorial in one Alaskan newspaper…
Quote :
We are concerned this hazardous material is hitching a ride on marine life and making its way to Alaska.

Currents of the world’s oceans are complex. But, generally speaking, two surface currents — one from the south, called the Kuroshio, and one from the north, called the Oyashio — meet just off the coast of Japan at about 40 degrees north latitude. The currents merge to form the North Pacific current and surge eastward. Fukushima lies at 37 degrees north latitude. Thousands of miles later, the currents hit an upwelling just off the western coast of the United States and split. One, the Alaska current, turns north up the coast toward British Columbia and Southeast Alaska. The other, the California current, turns south and heads down the western seaboard of the U.S.
The migration patterns of Pacific salmon should also be taken into consideration. In a nutshell, our salmon ride the Alaska current and follow its curve past Sitka, Yakutat, Kodiak and the Aleutian Islands. Most often, it’s the chinook, coho and sockeye salmon migration patterns that range farthest. Chum and pink salmon seem to stay closer to home. Regardless of how far out each salmon species ventures into the Pacific, each fish hitches a ride back to its home rivers and spawning grounds on the North Pacific current, the same one pulling the nuclear waste eastward.
We all know too much exposure to nuclear waste can cause cancer. And many understand that certain chemicals, such as cesium-137 and strontium-9, contained in said waste products can accumulate in fish by being deposited in bones and muscle permanently.
We are concerned our Alaska salmon are being slowly tainted with nuclear waste. We are worried about the impact this waste could have on our resources, and especially the people who consume them.
#7 Something also seems to be causing a substantial spike in the death rate for killer whales living off of the coast of British Columbia…
Quote :
A Vancouver Aquarium researcher is sounding the alarm over “puzzling” changes he’s observed in the killer whale pods that live off the southern British Columbia coast.
Dr. Lance Barrett-Lennard says he fears changes in the ocean environment are prompting odd behaviour and an unusually high mortality rate.
Barrett-Lennard says the southern resident orca pod, which is found in the Salish Sea between Vancouver Island and the B.C. mainland, has lost seven matriarchs over the past two years, and he’s noticed a lack of vocalizations from the normally chatty mammals.
These kinds of things are happening further south along the Pacific coast as well.
For example, the recent death of thousands of birds down in Oregon is absolutely baffling scientists…
Quote :
Residents have reported groups ranging from 10 to 200 dead or dying barn and violet-green swallows in barns and around other structures where they perch. The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife said the dieoffs appear to be worst close to rivers and standing water where the birds tend to gather.
The toll, estimated in the thousands, has stunned Fish and Wildlife specialists. “This type of mortality event is unprecedented and considered a rare and unusual event,” said Colin Gillin, wildlife veterinarian for the agency. “The effect on bird populations is unknown.”
Some scientists are blaming these deaths on “harsh weather”.
Do you buy that?
Clearly something very unusual is happening, and it should not be unreasonable to ask if Fukushima is at least partially responsible for all of this.
Without a doubt, the Pacific Ocean appears to be a much different place than it was before the Fukushima disaster.  In fact, one very experienced Australian adventurer said that he felt as though “the ocean itself was dead” as he journeyed from Japan to San Francisco recently…
Quote :
The next leg of the long voyage was from Osaka to San Francisco and for most of that trip the desolation was tinged with nauseous horror and a degree of fear.
“After we left Japan, it felt as if the ocean itself was dead,” Macfadyen said.
“We hardly saw any living things. We saw one whale, sort of rolling helplessly on the surface with what looked like a big tumour on its head. It was pretty sickening.
“I’ve done a lot of miles on the ocean in my life and I’m used to seeing turtles, dolphins, sharks and big flurries of feeding birds. But this time, for 3000 nautical miles there was nothing alive to be seen.”
In place of the missing life was garbage in astounding volumes.
“Part of it was the aftermath of the tsunami that hit Japan a couple of years ago. The wave came in over the land, picked up an unbelievable load of stuff and carried it out to sea. And it’s still out there, everywhere you look.”
What in the world would cause the Pacific Ocean to be “dead” like that?
Where did all the life go?
Hopefully we will start to get some answers to these questions.
For much more on all of this, please see my previous articles entitled “28 Signs That The West Coast Is Being Absolutely Fried With Nuclear Radiation From Fukushima” and “Something Is Killing Life All Over The Pacific Ocean – Could It Be Fukushima?”
Meanwhile, radiation levels around Fukushima just continue to increase.  The following is from a recent RT article…
Quote :
Outdoor radiation levels have reached their highest at Japan’s Fukushima nuclear plant,warns the operator company.Radiation found in an area near a steel pipe that connects reactor buildings could kill an exposed person in 20 minutes,local media reported.
The plant’s operator and the utility responsible for the clean-up Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) detected record radiation levels on a duct which connects reactor buildings and the 120 meter tall ventilation pipe located outside on Friday. TEPCO measured radiation at eight locations around the pipe with the highest estimated at two locations – 25 Sieverts per hour and about 15 Sieverts per hour, the company said. This is the highest level ever detected outside the reactor buildings, according to local broadcaster NHK.
And every single day, another 400 tons of very highly radioactive water gets released into the Pacific Ocean.  The total amount of radioactive material in the Pacific is constantly rising, and because many of these radioactive particles have a half-life of 30 years or longer, much of this material is going to be with us for a very, very long time.

This is turning out to be the greatest environmental disaster in modern history, and it is very far from over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 11:31 am

http://beforeitsnews.com/earthquakes/2013/12/gundersen-all-japan-contaminated-what-the-japanese-government-isnt-saying-about-fukushima-2481592.html

Gundersen: All Japan Contaminated – What The Japanese Government Isn’t Saying About Fukushima
Monday, December 16, 2013 19:28

(Before It's News)
The news breaking from Fukushima Japan and ENENews today is anything but pleasant but news nonetheless and must be reported, though the Japanese government would like nothing less. Arnie Gundersen once more joins us to confirm that not only is ALL of Japan now contaminated by Fukushima but that the government is now intentionally covering up ENORMOUS RADIATION EXPOSURE to the Japanese people by their newly erected ‘iron curtain’. Thyroid problems are multiplying across Japan and we’re just now beginning to see the beginning of a ‘new thyroid epidemic’ according to this sobering story and the new video below.
Gundersen: All of Japan is contaminated, gov’t covering up enormous exposures to public; Epidemic is just beginning — Evacuee: We are in fact dying in Fukushima; What happened to us will soon affect all Japanese people (VIDEOS)
Arnie Gundersen, Chief Engineer at Fairewinds, Dec. 16, 2013: The Japanese parliament has just passed the state secrets law. It’s really an information ‘iron curtain’ that’s preventing people in Japan from learning just how bad the exposures were that they received after the accident at Fukushima. […] They’re trying to underestimate the amount of radiation that the Japanese received […] I think they’re neglecting some really serious sources of radiation in their effort to convince the Japanese people that nuclear power is safe. […] These exposures not being calculated by the Japanese, or the IAEA, are in fact enormous. [..] Fukushima was 3 times worse than Chernobyl as far as the noble gases [e.g. xenon, krypton] that were released. […] There’s already a 10-fold increase in thyroid issues in Japan and we’re just at the beginning of the thyroid epidemic. […] As I discovered when I was in Tokyo during the book tour during 2012, all of Japan is a radiologically contaminated area, and the people in Japan need to take extraordinary precautions. The net effect of all this is the total exposure to the Japanese is being grossly underestimated.
Video here: see at link.
Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Fukushima-radiation-map
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fuku Warning To Northern Hemisphere – Increasingly Critical ‘Reactor Blocks Are Sinking’   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 8:10 am

Fuku Warning To Northern Hemisphere – Increasingly Critical ‘Reactor Blocks Are Sinking’
Friday, December 20, 2013 6:45

(Before It's News)
By Susan Duclos

Experts are issuing some dire warnings about Fukushima from “real apocalyptic thing would be an earthquake” at Fukushima” to warnings from German physicist Sebastian Pfugbeil [President of the German Society for Radiological Protection] expressing pessimism that an “elementary Fukushima disaster can be averted” and asserting without a doubt that theconsequences would be felt over the entire northern hemisphere.

Perhaps the most chilling of these revelations is this:

The situation is becoming increasingly critical due to the decay of the buildings. The fuel rods have not been brought to safety. The reactor blocks are sinking. The ground on which the reactor sits can no longer bear any weight…It is floating.

Despite these warnings the MSM and governments across the globe continue to downplay the apocalyptic ramifications of what has happened at Fukushima and what continues to happen every single day since 2011 when the great earthquake and tsunami crippled the nuclear plant causing meltdowns and unprecedented levels of radiation throughout the atmosphere as well and hundreds of tons of radioactive water pouring into the Pacific ocean every single day.

In the video below experts discuss the Fukushima issue in-depth, the Iintroduction takes approx. 4 minutes. So if you already know Dr. Helen Caldicott, Arnie Gundersen, and Harvey Wasserman, just skip to the 4 minute mark.

;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: ABC News: Gov’t, scientists ‘baffled’ over white spots on cows around Fukushima plant   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 05, 2014 3:58 pm

ABC News: Gov’t, scientists ‘baffled’ over white spots on cows around Fukushima plant — Farmer: No one knows what they are, I think it’s from radiation; “Our town’s contaminated like Chernobyl… We were just thrown away like trash” — Officials order the animals to be slaughtered (VIDEOS)

Published: January 5th, 2014 at 12:13 pm ET 
By ENENews 

ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation), Jan. 4, 2014 (Emphasis Added):

Quote :
Mark Willacy, ABC News (Australia) correspondent: He calls himself [...] the leader of the Fukushima nuclear resistance movement [...]

Masami Yoshizawa, ‘Ranch of Hope’ 14 km from Fukushima Daiichi: I won’t obey what the government says, because we were betrayed. Our community was destroyed by the nuclear disaster. [...]

Willacy: A radiation decontamination team arrives [...] Yoshizawa has defied a government order to slaughter his cows.

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Img_515-Jan.-05-12.22-300x188

Yoshizawa: Instead of being slaughtered, these cattle should be used to study the long-term effects of radiation. Killing them is destroying evidence. [...]

Willacy: Scientists have descended on his property, saying it is important his herd is studied. [...] Some of Yoshizawa’s cattle have developed white spots.

The ministry of agriculture has begun an investigation, but so far everyone is baffled.

Yoshizawa: “I showed these spots to many vets who came to my farm. But none of them knows what they are. I think it’s the result of radiation.” [...]

Watch the broadcast here

Masami Yoshizawa in Tokyo last May, published Dec. 26, 2013 (at 5:30 in): Our town is over. The end. It is like Chernobyl. [...] Our town has been contaminated like Chernobyl. [...] Our lives are totally destroyed. How depressed we are! So sad and empty. [...]  We were just thrown away like the trash. [...] With all the rest of my life, I would like to fight against TEPCO and the government.

Watch the video here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fukushima Workers Use Duct Tape to “Stop” Radiation Leaks   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Fukushima Workers Use Duct Tape to “Stop” Radiation Leaks

Rebar wasn’t even used to reinforce the concrete foundation under water tanks, says worker
Kit Daniels

Infowars.com
January 6, 2014

A Japanese worker who spent six months at the Fukushima nuclear power plant says that he isn’t surprised about the latest radioactive leaks from the plant because of its shoddy construction and repair work, including the use of duct tape to “fix” key equipment.

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 010614whitetape

“White adhesive tape” was reportedly used to cover radioactive water sitting in tanks. Credit: Politas via Wiki

Yoshitatsu Uechi, 48, told the Asahi Shimbun newspaper that he and his fellow workers were under such intense pressure to perform repairs as quickly as possible on the devastated plant that adhesive tape was used to “repair” critical equipment and that they even neglected to apply rust inhibitor on the radioactive water tanks.
“I couldn’t believe that such slipshod work was being done,” he said. “Even if it was part of stopgap measures.”

Back in Oct. 2012, Uechi and another worker climbed to the top of a storage tank holding radioactive water in order to bolt a steel lid over its opening.

When they reached the top, he noticed that the opening, one foot in diameter, was only covered with white adhesive tape and that the water level was less than two feet from below the opening.

He was given only four bolts to fasten the lid even though there were eight bolt holes in total.

Uechi also revealed cost-cutting techniques used during the plant’s construction, such as the decision to use wire net to reinforce the concrete foundation under the water tanks instead of much stronger and more commonly used rebar.

Furthermore, waterproof sheets were placed over the joints inside tanks instead of sealing agent, which would have been much more effective at stopping radiation leaks.

Uechi’s experiences add to the already exhaustive evidence that the nuclear disaster is far more deadly than what the Tokyo Electric Power Company and the Japanese government suggest.

As we reported today, snow in Missouri has double the normal amount of radiation and a Geiger counter showed five times the safe level of radiation at a beach near San Francisco.

Government officials, however, rejected the possibility that the severe increase in radiation was linked to the Fukushima disaster.

But as we also reported last week, the Department of Health and Human Services has ordered 14 million doses of potassium iodide, which protect the body from radiation poisoning.

Japanese officials even admitted that the radiation levels surrounding the plant were 18 times higher than they had previously reported.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: CEO – ‘Fukushima Radiation Levels Going Thru The F**king Roof!   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 6:44 am

CEO – ‘Fukushima Radiation Levels Going Thru The F**king Roof!
23 hours ago in Nuclear Crises 1 Comment

*NSFW* Joe Rogan Experience, Dec. 18, 2013 (at 1:59:30 in):

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 CEO-Fukushima-Radiation-Levels-Going-Thru-The-Fking-Roof
Quote :
Joe Rogan, host: How bad is Fukushima?

Shane Smith, reporter and CEO of VICE (Forbes: ‘One to Watch’ on Forbes 400 record. Est. Net Worth: $400 million): Bad, very bad. […] If you look at Fukushima, it’s an perfect example of the issue with nuclear power. […] The levels of radiation have not f****** gone down. We have a team there shooting right now. The levels of radiation in the place are through the f****** roof. [...]

Rogan: I did see a piece on the fish — on tuna’s being 3% [actually around 1,000%, see below] more irradiated than before¹. That’s a big number, 3% after a couple years when you’re dealing with something that’s going to be radiating the ocean for hundreds of thousands of years if it’s still leaking. [...]

Smith: There’s a lot of stories now coming out that the Japanese government kept it under wraps, didn’t want to tell anybody. The food around the whole region was irradiated. People in Tokyo were showing increased signs, etc. etc. It’s going to be bad for quite some time. What do you expect?

Rogan: And how the f*** are they ever going to stop it? [...] Are they still leaving it up to Japan? [...] It’s just unbelievably incredible that they never thought that it would be able to get shut off — that they just built this crazy power plant with no ability to cool it down. [...] What really scares me is I don’t think I’ve heard one person come up with any way that makes sense as to how to contain it. Not just hot to contain it, but how to stop it, how to clean the area up — It’s almost just not even discussed. How the f*** do they clean that? [...]
Eddie Huang, chef, restaurant owner, TV host: I’m guessing they can’t — that’s why they don’t talk about it.

¹It’s about 1,000% higher,  not 3% — Fox News, AP: “The levels of radioactive cesium were 10 times higher than the amount measured in tuna off the California coast in previous years.” The ’3%’ figure came from people comparing this nuclear waste (e.g. cesium-134, -137) to the natural background radiation levels (e.g. potassium-40) in the fish. This comparison is rejected by pro-nuclear scientists, and has been labelled ‘propaganda’.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:11 pm

The buckeyballs are washing ashore. Go to stevequayle or standeyo and read up. (Other'things' as well)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fukushima failure: Decontamination system stops functioning   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:12 am

Fukushima failure: Decontamination system stops functioning
Published time: January 09, 2014 12:09

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Fukushima-decontamination-system-stops.si

The operator of the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant, TEPCO (Tokyo Electric Power Company) has stopped using its systems to decontaminate radioactive water at the facility, Japanese broadcaster NHK reported.

The Advanced Liquid Processing System, or ALPS, has been utilized to liquidate radioactive substances from contaminated water stored at the plant.

The crane to get rid of the container from the ALPS ceased working on Tuesday.
On Wednesday, TEPCO stopped operating all 3 ALPS systems at the facility. The company officials say the system may take a long time to restart.

The container where the radioactive substances are stored has to be replaced when it fills up.

TEPCO, the operator of the Fukushima Daiichi plant, crippled in the 2011 earthquake and tsunami, said that the company plans to decontaminate all radioactive water stored in the tanks by March 2015, NHK reported.

That’s despite the company officials telling The Japan Times a month ago that the radioactive water will be decontaminated by the end of fiscal 2014.

It’s not the first time that the ALPS system has experienced trouble: at the beginning of December, the system was reported to have broken down during trial operations.

The Advanced Liquid Processing System (ALPS) consists of 14 steel cylinders, through which the contaminated water is filtered. After the filtering, waste materials like the absorbent and remaining sludge are transferred to high-integrity containers (HICs) that are transported to a temporary storage facility.

The ALPS can remove 62 different types of radionuclides, including strontium and cobalt from contaminated water.

The year has started off badly for the Fukushima Daiichi plant: a few days ago, a Japanese worker, who participated in the mending of the plant to avoid further radiation leaks, has revealed that adhesive tape had been used to deal with the issue of sealing in radioactive water.

The 48 year-old, Yoshitatsu Uechi, an auto mechanic and tour-bus driver, was one of the 17 workers to be sent to the crippled facility to make more containers to store the contaminated water.

On New Year’s Day, plumes of strange steam rose from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, with TEPCO failing to provide details on the emissions of steam – in all probability radioactive.

On the international scene, the picture hasn’t been very bright, either.

At the end of 2013, a video emerged showing a beach in California, displaying seemingly high radiation levels on the coast. However, local health officials told residents not to worry, after they had carried out an investigation into the matter.

Plus, over the last year, around 130 Japanese cars have been denied access to the Russian border over radiation concerns. The consumer watchdog agency, Rospotrebnadzor, has pointed out that the strict control of all cargo arriving from Japan will continue in 2014.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Radiation Expert: Fukushima plant “out of control” — Nuclear fuel “is now in the ground… no way they can get at it” — “Will just wash uranium out to sea” — Pollution of Pacific Ocean to continue more or less forever (AUDIO & VIDEO)

Published: January 12th, 2014 at 10:32 am ET 
By ENENews 

Jan. 6, 2014 interview with Professor Chris Busby, Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk and member of UK Department of Health Committee Examining Radiation Risk for Internal Emitters (CERRIE), Infowars (at 19:45 in): “I think they’re going to have to throw a fence around there and watch it forever. I don’t see what else they can do. I did think, and they did think, about the possibility of bombing it into the ocean, but frankly I think there’s nothing much they can do now — the genies out of the bottle. The material in those reactors is now in the ground somewhere, and there’s no way they can get at it. The more water they pump in there, and the continuous water that comes down into the groundwater there, will just wash the uranium out into the sea — and continue to pollute the Pacific Ocean, more or less forever.”  

>> Watch the interview here

Jan. 12, 2014 interview with Professor Busby, Scientific Secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk and member of UK Department of Health Committee Examining Radiation Risk for Internal Emitters (CERRIE), VoR (at 2:30 in): “I don’t think there’s much more [Tepco] can do, to be honest. I think the thing is out of control. I can’t see what they can do. Basically, what we have here — in my opinion, and others too — is that the core material from the reactors is outside of the containment and in the ground. So the groundwater is picking up this radioactivity and bringing it onto the surface [...] until they actually address the basic problem of this stuff being outside the containment, then there’s not much they can do [...] for the stuff that is outside the tanks in the ground, I’m not sure I see any way in which they can do it.”
Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 12, 2014 5:53 pm

Be looking up! We can do that!

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Dove wrote:
Be looking up!  We can do that!

Perspective is useful on this topic. Otherwise there is no such thing as good news.

On a more somber note & consistent with previous discussions, few if anyone has been onsite since mid December. They've managed to force the worst of it into the water, thus slowing the inevitable. The jet stream is much faster than the oceanic stream.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:05 am

Gundersen: New development at Fukushima, “Essentially entire plant has a gamma ray haze over it… a haze of radioactive particles” — Tepco: It’s impossible to stop, using more shielding won’t help (AUDIO)
Published: January 16th, 2014 at 7:39 pm ET 
By ENENews 
Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Email_famfamfam Email Article 
250 comments

Interview with nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education, Power Hour, Jan. 16, 2014: “The most fascinating new thing is there’s a gamma ray haze over the plant. Gamma rays are like x-rays. Essentially, the entire plant has a gamma ray haze over it to the tune of about 1,000 millirem a year [...] There’s essentially a haze of radioactive particles.”
Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Img_537-Jan.-16-19.53-300x195
Source: Fairewinds Energy Education
Tepco Press Conference with summary translation by Fukushima Diary, Jan. 10, 2014: There is no way to shield Bremsstrahlung from contaminated water tanks, Tepco stated [...] shielded by water and the tank material, it turns into Bremsstrahlung. [...] it is technically impossible to shield each tank. Even if they put the shielding material inside of the tanks, it also causes Bremsstrahlung. [...]
From last week: Radiation jumps at Fukushima plant — Now almost 1,000% previous levels — Officials knew of increase but ‘too busy’ to do anything
More about Bremsstrahlung: Gundersen: Fukushima tanks releasing x-rays in very high quantities offsite -- Exposure to people outside plant is very, very high from 'Bremsstrahlung' phenomenon -- Hundreds of tanks could easily start leaking after quake (VIDEO)
Full Gundersen interview here
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 am

The report itself attempts to downplay the severity of the situation, but for the first time (that I've seen) it clearly shows tons of molten corium (molten reactor fuel i.e. uranium & plutonium) sitting underground in the acquifer. Further, you can clearly see that its burrowing deeper underground having a 'field day' on its own.

They're just parroting what Tepco is claiming, but read between the lines. They're giving you enough information to draw accurate conclusions.

http://www.stofficetokyo.ch/reports/201312_Contaminated_Water.pdf

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Full_Cross
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nuclear Engineer: Footage shows “it’s broken… there’s really no containment” at Fukushima Reactor 3   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 am

— I expect many different kinds of leaks will be found — Radioactive contaminants “basically floating freely” (AUDIO)

Published: January 24th, 2014 at 12:59 am ET 
Chris Harris, former licensed Senior Reactor Operator and engineer, Jan. 23, 2014 (at 25:15 in):

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Img_547-Jan.-24-01.09-250x155

Quote :
So a robot finds a leak [while] doing work, now all of a sudden this means a lot of things. First of all, this means the water that was supposed to be, this is going to be my best guess – where is the water coming from? Tepco actually also said this water was supposed to be for the cooling of Unit 3, which means its highly radioactive after it comes out. This is what else it means — if a robot incidentally finds a leak when it’s sent into a specific area to do some work, how many other leaks haven’t they discovered yet? You have to ask that question too. I’m going to expect to find many different kinds of leaks. So that means that all the cooling that you’d expect to be getting from the cooling water system that pretty much was flimsily, hastily tossed together is not doing the complete job. [...]Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Img_547-Jan.-24-01.09-250x155
It also means that the containment’s broken like we thought about a long time ago, in this case Tepco believes that […] one of the main steam line penetrations, which are very durable in this case, is no longer that durable, it’s porous. The radioactive water is coming from inside the containment vessel itself. So it means a lot of things, also the water is very heavily laden with radioactive contaminants. It’s basically floating freely to wherever it’s going, probably to the basement of the reactor building, and in this case we know the reactor is porous also, so there’s really no containment at Unit 3.

Full interview available here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tepco Says Fuel Removal Even Worse Than Gundersen’s Analogy — It’s Like Pulling ‘Lit’ Cigarettes From A Crushed Pack — Going To Get Far More Difficult In Future   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 7:51 am

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Doane06.pool_

Tepco Says Fuel Removal Even Worse Than Gundersen’s Analogy — It’s Like Pulling ‘Lit’ Cigarettes From A Crushed Pack — Going To Get Far More Difficult In Future

A CBS News crew got a rare look inside the damaged Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Nearly three years after the earthquake and tsunami, the plant is still emitting radiation, and likely will be for years. Three miles from the plant, roads are still closed. Radiation levels here soar 100 times higher than normal. To protect themselves
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:01 am

Need a more current picture... the one above is when it functioned before damage.

Anyway which brings us to the idiots... let's all dig to find the Corium?? Ok, you go ahead, I'm staying home and having more coffee peeps. Geez this isn't some Manga toon... twisted look on real life death situation... ya think? Get your shovels, and hey if they convince the rest of the world ... to help ... they'll get done quicker!
---------------------

http://enenews.com/asahi-underground-holes-may-be-needed-to-find-fukushimas-3-molten-cores-did-melted-fuel-escape-via-basement-experts-unsure-if-tepco-will-allow-them-to-search-for-corium

Asahi: ‘Underground holes’ may be needed to search for Fukushima’s 3 molten cores — Did fuel ‘escape’ via basement? — Experts unsure if Tepco will allow them to search for corium

Published: January 25th, 2014 at 1:27 pm ET
By ENENews

Asahi Shimbun, Jan. 24, 2014: [Tepco] has yet to learn where the nuclear fuel currently lies. The locations and amounts of the melted nuclear fuel should be identified by the time the government and TEPCO plan to start extracting it in the first half of fiscal 2020. Even if the melted fuel has escaped into the basement levels, it can still be located by installing [muon] sensors in underground holes, the scientists said.

Kyodo News, Jan. 23, 2014: The condition of the melted nuclear fuel remains unknown […] “The (cosmic ray) measurement system can be installed easily,” said team member Hidekazu Kakuno, associate professor at Tokyo Metropolitan University. “We are ready to use it at the Fukushima Daiichi plant if TEPCO cooperates.”

RT, Jan. 23, 2014: [Fumihiko Takasaki, a researcher at the High Energy Accelerator Research Organisation] claims that TEPCO has not yet officially confirmed that it will use the technology it is being offered.

See also: AFP: Fears that molten fuel went into ground after melting through containment vessels at Fukushima -- They still can't find three reactor cores (AUDIO)

Published: January 25th, 2014 at 1:27 pm ET
By ENENews
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:03 am

Then, how about this... under #1.... do you think that at some point high radiation under another site could set it off?? Anyone got that answer??

http://enenews.com/jiji-highly-radioactive-groundwater-now-flowing-under-fukushima-unit-1-levels-skyrocket-since-last-test-now-1000s-of-times-higher-8-locations-hit-record-in-recent-days

Jiji: Highly radioactive groundwater now flowing under Unit 1 — Levels skyrocket since last test, now 1,000s of times higher — 8 locations hit record in recent days at Fukushima Daiichi

Published: January 25th, 2014 at 9:36 pm ET
By ENENews
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: enenews.com/ Latest Headlines:   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:13 am

http://enenews.com/
Latest Headlines:
11:14 PM EST on January 27th, 2014 | 40 comments
Stony Brook Univ. Scientist: Fukushima radioactivity “has absolute consequences in rest of world” — “It’s carried all over the place… incorporated into sea life… causes risks to human health” (AUDIO)

10:04 PM EST on January 27th, 2014 | 41 comments
Conditions never seen before by scientists in Pacific seals and walrus — Thyroid cysts, lesions of reproductive system, retained placenta — Hunters concerned — Oceanographers to discuss radiation from Fukushima on Alaska radio tomorrow

08:35 PM EST on January 27th, 2014 | 110 comments
CBS: Tepco says fuel removal even worse than Gundersen’s analogy — It’s like pulling ‘lit’ cigarettes from a crushed pack — Going to get far more difficult in future (VIDEO)

01:27 AM EST on January 27th, 2014 | 287 comments
TV: After seeing that map with massive amount of nuclear waste headed to West Coast… There’s going to be impacts — Reporter: And radioactive water still hasn’t stopped flowing from Fukushima into Pacific (VIDEO)

09:46 AM EST on January 26th, 2014 | 305 comments
Reports: White ‘goo’ everywhere in Alaska seal, crows won’t touch it… yet they eat people’s roofs — Slime in ones mouth, kidney almost black — Another appeared to change color — Hairless one seen recently: “We all still have sick seals here!” (PHOTOS)

09:36 PM EST on January 25th, 2014 | 212 comments
Jiji: Highly radioactive groundwater now flowing under Unit 1 — Levels skyrocket since last test, now 1,000s of times higher — 8 locations hit record in recent days at Fukushima Daiichi

02:58 PM EST on January 25th, 2014 | 136 comments
‘Historical Weirdness’: Expert says US gov’t has failed public by not testing Pacific for radiation — A ‘very obvious’ need since Fukushima is leaking into ocean — They told me “it’s salty” and that’s not our thing (VIDEO)

01:27 PM EST on January 25th, 2014 | 75 comments
Asahi: ‘Underground holes’ may be needed to search for Fukushima’s 3 molten cores — Did fuel ‘escape’ via basement? — Experts unsure if Tepco will allow them to search for corium

10:40 AM EST on January 25th, 2014 | 231 comments
Scientists present links between unusual Alaska seal deaths and Fukushima fallout — Skin lesions, hair loss, lethargy — ‘Pulsed release’ when built-up radionuclides were set free as ice melted — “Wildlife health implications” due to radiation exposure discussed (PHOTOS & MAP)

01:05 AM EST on January 25th, 2014 | 77 comments
TV: At height of Fukushima emergency, region in California where plume hit had NO monitors — Email shows EPA ‘decided’ not to deploy RADNET to area — Only one left broke as radioactivity began spiking — “No clue” about exposure levels (MAP)

08:55 PM EST on January 24th, 2014 | 175 comments
Expert: “Can’t be changed & can’t be stopped”; Radioactive Fukushima water will continually enter ocean — Significant ‘discreet leaks’ recently — West Coast “should be alarmed” at lack of testing—Levels rising for 2 years & expected to increase

05:00 PM EST on January 24th, 2014 | 117 comments
Senior Scientist at MIT Event: Japanese scientists censored — Not allowed to publish research that compared Fukushima to Chernobyl — Fukushima ‘arguably’ bigger

02:15 PM EST on January 24th, 2014 | 101 comments
Newspaper ignores scientific models that show Fukushima radiation impacting West Coast — Fails to inform readers by only reporting on discredited tsunami wave-height map — “What illness of the mind must people have to lie about the threat?” (ACTUAL FORECAST MODELS)

12:39 PM EST on January 24th, 2014 | 106 comments
Navy Officers on TV: “My body is falling apart” after Japan rescue mission, his right side “just didn’t work” — Another “can no longer use his legs” and unable to urinate — If 300 times normal radiation is OK, I don’t know what to tell you

12:59 AM EST on January 24th, 2014 | 201 comments
Nuclear Engineer: Footage shows me “it’s broken… there’s really no containment” at Fukushima Reactor 3 — I expect many different kinds of leaks will be found — Radioactive contaminants “basically floating freely” (AUDIO)

09:54 PM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 93 comments
“Shock & Outrage”: Japan TV host reveals being told he cannot discuss nuclear power until pivotal Tokyo election ends — “Somebody needs to bring these issues into the media” — #2 in trending news

05:31 PM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 151 comments
AFP: Fears that molten fuel went into ground after melting through containment vessels at Fukushima — They still can’t find three reactor cores (AUDIO)

02:36 PM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 44 comments
Alaska Marine Expert: We really need to look at what’s happening to ecosystem from Fukushima radiation — Models don’t address ongoing releases at plant — “A lot of unknowns, a lot of uncertainties” — Ships are sampling for everything but radionuclides — Could be affecting animals (AUDIO)

12:19 PM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 109 comments
Alaska refuses to test radiation levels in fish, says banana is riskier…”and who doesn’t love bananas?” — Officials: It’s forecast to hit U.S. right about now; People are concerned; We absolutely need cautious monitoring
10:30 AM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 48 comments
U.S. Military: Baby wipes, tape were main weapons for battling Fukushima contamination — Soldiers didn’t wear protective gear because “we don’t want to alarm public”

08:32 AM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 93 comments
‘Significant’ amount of radioactive seawater to hit Southern California? Expected on beaches in near future — Fukushima contamination may be ‘pervasive’ across food chain (AUDIO)

01:08 AM EST on January 23rd, 2014 | 96 comments
Wall St. Journal (Japan): ‘US physicians claim radiation risks due to Fukushima nuclear accident’ — ‘Uncertainty’ over quality of radiation data from officials

Last edited by spring2 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 9:15 am

http://enenews.com/gundersen-spent-fuel-rods-break-during-removal-process-fukushima-unit-4-racks-distorted-fuel-overheated-pool-boiled-suspects-will-be-stuck-long-long-time-audio
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 10:01 pm

Scientist back from Japan: I’ve seen data showing highest radioactivity levels in ocean that have been observed recently — NHK: Nuclear waste may be leaking “directly from buildings” not only going into groundwater via tunnels (VIDEOS)

Published: January 28th, 2014 at 10:32 pm ET 
MIT presentation — Ken Buesseler, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Oct 24, 2013 (at 38:15 in): I was quoted as saying it’s silly to think it’s not getting out of the harbor. It’s getting out of the harbor, it’s measurable […] Last month we were there, our highest number is 150 Bq/m³ [...] I have seen some of the highest numbers in the Tepco data in the last month at the coast recently of about 1,000

or 2,000 Bq/m³ for cesium.Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Img_564-Jan.-28-21.07-300x192
Slide from Buesseler’s presentation: Highest Cs closest to shore, associated with locations of higher groundwater input — Even higher in September 2013

Buesseler’s full presentation available here

NHK, Jan. 28, 2014: [Tepco] is to begin work at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant to stop radioactive wastewater from flowing into the sea. The task of creating underground frozen walls is due to start at the Number 2 and Number 3 reactors on Wednesday. Massive amounts of water are being poured into the reactors [...] and is leaking from the damaged reactor containment vessels. The water has accumulated in the reactor buildings, adjacent turbine buildings and underground tunnels. TEPCO believes the water is leaking from the tunnels, seeping into the ground and reaching the sea. [...] Engineers cannot go there because of the radioactive water [...] TEPCO is also digging wells in the compound to see whether water is leaking directly from the buildings.
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 9:42 pm

The "news" appears to be integrating more reality into the program. Nothings changed on site to the best of my knowledge; a mess thats worsening until abandonment is necessary. (day 1 if human life were a concern)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Michio Kaku Said Evacuation of Fukushima Crew Would Be A Sign Of The End Of Humanity   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2014 8:16 am

Michio Kaku Said Evacuation of Fukushima Crew Would Be A Sign Of The End Of Humanity

February 6th, 2014

Starting at 1:08…

As the prestigious scientific journal Nature notes:

Shortly after a massive tsunami struck the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plantFukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Icon1 on 11 March, an unmanned monitoring station on the outskirts of Takasaki, Japan, logged a rise in radiation levels. Within 72 hours, scientists had analysed samples taken from the air and transmitted their analysis to Vienna, Austria — the headquarters of the Preparatory Commission for the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), an international body set up to monitor nuclear weapons tests.

It was just the start of a flood of data collected about the accident by the CTBTO’s global network of 63 radiation monitoring stations. In the following weeks, the data were shared with governmentsFukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Icon1 around the world, but not with academics or the public.

The attempted cover up of the severity of the Fukushima disaster is nothing new. Governments have been covering up nuclear meltdowns for 50 years, and the basic design for nuclear reactors was not chosen for safetyFukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Lb_icon1, but because it worked on Navy submarines … and produced plutonium for the military.

(Indeed, the government’s response to every crisis appears to be to try to cover it up; and see this.)

Today, Yomiuri Shinbun reports (Google translation) that the U.S. knew within days that Fukushima had melted down:

The subject of evacuating the US citizens was raised in the early hours on March 16 (local time). The US … already knew about the unusually high temperature of the reactors from the Global Hawk dataFukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Icon1, and determined that “the fuel has already melted”.
The US high-ranking officials wanted to evacuate the US citizens [Tokyo] but the local officials including Maher objected, as “it would severely undermine the US-Japan alliance”

(The Global Hawk is an unmanned aerial aircraft).

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/michio-kaku-said-evacuation-of-fukushima-crew-would-be-a-sign-of-the-end-of-humanity/#330BzRdiq0yLZzkl.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: The Horrible Truth About Fukushima — Helen Caldicott, MD   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:06 am

The Horrible Truth About Fukushima — Helen Caldicott, MD
February 10th, 2014
Share659 Tweet77 1 Share4 

Author and Pediatrician Helen Caldicott takes time out of her busy schedule to join me to discuss the unfolding events at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station in Japan. Fukushima was devastated by a massive earthquake on March 11, 2011 which led directly to a massive failure causing hydrogen explosions which blew the roof off of at least two of the reactor buildings. Tepco and the Japanese governmentFukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Icon1 have understated the radiation dangers and the dire reality of the situation from day one.

Helen says, at this point there is no “best case scenario” for Fukushima, just worsening degrees of horror because it’s scientifically impossible to clean up what has already occurred. And with thousands of spent fuel rods and thousands more active rods still in the fuel pools of the damaged reactor buildings, the worst case scenario – if another major earthquake hits the area – is an ecological nightmare of biblical proportions for everyone living in the Northern hemisphere.

Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-horrible-truth-about-fukushima-helen-caldicott-md/#pxo4t17g4BJHLqHU.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 9:10 am

Gov’t: Radiation levels too high in Unit 4; Coming from small pieces of Cobalt-60? Workers forced to cover floor with lead — Experts: ‘Significant loss of leaktightness’ possible in Fukushima fuel pools

Published: February 11th, 2014 at 4:39 pm ET 
By ENENews 

IRSN (France): Water temperature in the [spent fuel pools] increased, sometimes to the boiling point. […] The most notable point is without a doubt the impact of hydrogen explosion on the SFPs. Overall, it appears that the pools resisted 

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 Sfp4

the hydrogen explosions but a significant loss of leaktightness in the pools and dewatering of the fuel assemblies may have occurred, seriously aggravating the situation in terms of radiological conditions at the site and releases into the atmosphere.

Asahi Shimbun, Feb. 6, 2014: The Nuclear Regulation Authority said Feb. 5 it instructed Tokyo Electric Power Co. to reduce radiation exposure among workers who are removing spent and unspent fuel from a reactor building at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant. The NRA issued the instructions after it started studying radiation levels around the work site on the fifth floor of the No. 4 reactor building in December. NRA officials said they found high levels of radiation emitted from cobalt-60 that was apparently mixed with shavings produced when workers cut into reactor components inside the storage pool there. [...] The NRA found that the use of lead plates on the floor [...] reduced the radiation levels [...]

The NRA says the high radiation levels are from Cobalt-60 ‘shavings’ produced by workers… yet this NRC FOIA document (pdf) indicates Co-60 readings were nearly 17,000 Bq/liter just a month after 3/11.

See also: Nuclear Expert: "Rods in the spent fuel pool may have melted... breached during the explosions... and their contents may be in contact with groundwater" at Fukushima
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:37 am

"Significant loss of leaktightedness".....I had a radiator develop the same problem once. Instant bbq.. Seriously though, of course the fuel is in the environment. Its been causing corium 'quakes' for years now. You can still track two "blobs" as they slink and slide away from the site causing an occassional hiccup. Everyone recalls the thousands of 'aftershocks' that occurred beneath and leading away from the site. (Molten reactor fuel reacts until it finds something to cool it in the subterranean causing a quake, much like an underground test of thor's hammer) This is no differnent than everything else going on nowadays, a day to week to month to year cover-up trying to "run out the clock at the end of a game" as sarah palin phrased it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:04 pm

http://enenews.com/nhk-record-cesium-level-in-groundwater-at-fukushima-30000-times-higher-than-nearby-well-sampled-last-week-50-meters-from-ocean-video

Update from NHK: “Record cesium level” in groundwater at Fukushima — 30,000 times higher than nearby well sampled last week — 50 meters from ocean (VIDEO)

Published: February 13th, 2014 at 7:35 am ET
By ENENews
Email Article Email Article
28 comments Tweet

Follow-up to: Highest cesium levels ever measured from groundwater well at Fukushima -- Broke record that had stood since last summer

NHK, Feb. 13, 2014: Record cesium level in Fukushima plant groundwater — [Tepco] says water samples taken from a newly-dug well contained the highest levels of radioactive cesium detected so far in groundwater at the site [...] the record levels suggest that the leakage point could be near the well. [...] 600 times the government standard for radioactive wastewater that can be released into the sea. It is more than 30,000 times the level of cesium 137 found in water samples taken from another observation well to the north last week. [...] [Tepco has] yet to determine where the leak originates.

UPI, Feb. 13, 2014: Highest Cesium Level in Fukushima Plant Groundwater [...] The samples were taken from a new observation well located 50 meters from the ocean near the Number 2 reactor, Japan’s NHK World reported.

VoR, Feb. 13, 2014: Alarmingly high levels of radioactive cesium have been recorded in the groundwater underneath Japan’s crippled Fukushima power plant, [Tepco] has announced. Samples of contaminated groundwater were taken from a fresh well outside the second [reactor] [...] Situation at the devastated nuclear power plant continues to deteriorate. TEPCO experts are still striving to contain radioactive water that has been trickling between the seams. It emerged earlier that the previous estimates were doctored to underplay the threat [...]

Watch the NHK report here

Published: February 13th, 2014 at 7:35 am ET
By ENENews
Back to top Go down
quietobserver
Super Elite
quietobserver

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 2:04 pm

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/kids-health/bizarre-cluster-severe-birth-defects-haunts-health-experts-n24986

Hanford or Fukushima,  odds are take your pick. Sad reading material alert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fukushima - epa change forthcoming   Fukushima - epa change forthcoming - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fukushima - epa change forthcoming
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next