Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
researcher
Admin
researcher

No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  Empty
PostSubject: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 1:39 pm

This was broadcast last month (October 2013) and to say I was STUNNED would be an understatement! I say that as someone who lived in Japan for nearly a year back in the mid 1970's. The Japanese culture is different from any other on earth, and I do mean really different, but . . . but . . .THIS???? I'm gobsmacked!!! If you think Magna cartoons and such are just innocent pastimes and diversions (like I did) you are dead wrong. Watch!

BBC wrote:
Published on Oct 25, 2013
In a world where people panic about the rising global population, Japan is facing a very different future which could see their population shrink by a third in just 40 years. One reason is that the Japanese are not having enough babies and the causes of that form the basis of Anita Rani's intriguing journey.

Part of a season of programmes on population for This World, No Sex Please, We're Japanese explores Otaku culture - the world of nerds and geeks obsessed with computer games and Manga cartoons - which has led to a withdrawal of many Japanese men from the whole dating game. Anita meets two men in their late thirties who have in depth relationships with virtual teenage girlfriends as part of a role playing game: 'I think twice about going out with a 3D woman', says one.

The Japanese have far less sex than other nations and Anita also meets the women who struggle to work and have children in a society still dominated by traditional gender roles. Added to this, Japan also has the oldest population in the world, 25% are over 65 and 50,000 over a hundred years old. Anita visits a group of pensioners cheerleaders and a prison with a wing especially designed for pensioners.

Too few young people to pay tax, too many old people needing support - it has all led to a debt problem worse than that of Greece and an uncertain future for a country that still is the third largest economy in the world.

Back to top Go down
Yaddy

Yaddy

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:14 pm

That was very interesting.....pensioners a special prison....man oh man!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:57 am

I'm glad that it wasn't block down under, Yaddy. I was reminded of little kids playing with paper dolls when they showed those guys in their 40's playing with their virtual magna cartoon girl friends. Talk about a sever case of nation wide arrested development! You could have pushed me over with a feather.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

!! FOXTROT JULIET BRAVO !!
Back to top Go down
Elizabeth345

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:48 am

Their culture is so different and regimented in comparison to our western way of life. Wonderful to see those older ladies enjoying such good health dancing and all so trim, probably attributed to their healthy eating habits of fish instead of red meat. I have an elderly friend who returned last week after spending one month in Japan and he noticed that the people whom he had met were very respectful to their senior citizens especially the younger generation. Sad though that their young people are finding difficulty in finding prospective marriage partners and turning to virtual reality on Tablets and Ipads. Great video really enjoyed it thanks!
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 9:13 am

E345 wrote:
Wonderful to see those older ladies enjoying such good health dancing and all so trim,

Yeah, weren't those grandma cheerleaders great! There's no 'tired blood' in that bunch of ladies. That was the best part of the whole program and very uplifting. Those grannies rocked! I'm old enough (55 or older) to appreciate what they are doing. I couldn't do it. Now where did I leave my bottle of Geritol?

No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  4035832603_0b782664a3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 11:26 am

Last edited by jem on Sun May 25, 2014 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
researcher
Admin
researcher

PostSubject: Re: No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)    No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Jem, you nailed it! You got exactly what I was hoping to get across with the viewing of the video.

7 billion people on the planet and Satan has 7 billion different traps all customized to fit like a personalized glove ready and waiting for each of us. That goes for nations as well. Couple what jem said together with the warnings that "V" has been giving about the Japanese economy.
Back to top Go down

No Sex Please, We're Japanese (BBC Documentary)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Watcher Forum :: Welcome! :: General Discussion-
Jump to: