Watcher Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Watcher Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2024 7:34 pm

If extradited, he faces 17 charges of espionage... sky 02/20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLAF35tCuLY
under 3 mins

I want to know the thoughts of God. Everything else is just details.
            A Miracle is when God makes His Reality our Experience              

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 9:14 am

Assange Trial Live:

Day 2. 
Prosecution testimony. 

Sound issues have made it nearly impossble for global journalists to follow what is being said, even from within the courtroom itself.

But Claire Dobbins, the attorney for the U.S. has thusly argued that:

The CIA plot to kill Assange doesnt matter to the extradition request.
That UK law does not forbid political extradition (UK treaty, vs. 2003 reformed extradition act). 
That Assange is not a political prisoner because two administrations have pursued political charges (absurdist).

And is arguing currently, after being stopped by a judge; that if such information were leaked in the UK -and was "damaging" (although the US determind no one was directly harmed by the release); then it would be prosecutable.

In short, the U.S. legal argument is completely absurd and full of factual errors. We are witnessing a clown show.

Note* The sound issues are ridiculous, and the court has refused to fix this. One of the largest trials in history, and the prosecution is speaking behind a veil of convenient incompetence.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 9:15 am

Assange Trial Live.

Day 2 cont.

A key moment just took place, High Court Justice Johnson asked U.S. attorney if there is any guarantee or precedent to establish equal protection for foreign nationals under U.S. law. 

U.S. admits there is no such evidence.

-This is key to the notion that Assange cannot be safeguarded in U.S. custody or courts. And was a central theme in the defense argument yesterday.

-Court then breaks for recess, will resume in 1 hour.
-E

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 9:16 am

Assange Trial Live

Day 2 cont.

I will save you the bulk of the legal dry-heave taking place.

The attorney for the U.S. government just said that Julian Assange's publications had nothing to do with journalism.
She said they are "grave and serious crimes".

(apparently forgetting that they were improperly classified documents and video to begin with, in order to hide monumental evidence of U.S. war crimes including the gunning down and murdering of women, children, and reporters as U.S. troops laughed.)

The U.S argument continues to be detached from reality and the facts of the case.

The judge has asked for Manning's sentencing remarks.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 2:04 pm

Assage Trial Live:

Day 2 cont.

Defense has summary remarks.

Says US prosecution is relying on the extradition treaty while at the same time attempting to ignore article 5 of it (no political extradition).
And they are pretending to guarantee safety while their heads of state have plotted to murder him (numerous times). 
Says prosecution is wrong in claiming due process.  The legal process has only materialized after attempts to kidnap and kill (rendition plot) failed. ie. illegal process was swapped out for a quasi-legal one. 
Defense also argues that under section 7 of ECHR (the retroactive criminality section), previous judge's ruling erred in attempting to leave the legal issue wide open to resolve as a fifth ammendment issue in U.S. courts (this point was raised yesterday by defense as well). Says Assange could not have expected in any reasonable sense for prosecution to result from basic journalistic practices.

Defense says only hacking charge has any merit in any basic sense and even then they would invoke article of the ECHR over time already served. (Assange has been imprisoned for years now without charge in HMP Belmarsh,*after having won his case he was denied bail anyways).

Defense then argues that the court cannot prosecute the press for a source acting illegally.
Defense also points out that prosecution failed to mention re: names published in leaks, that a media partner leaked document passwords, and Assange actually reached out to the State department for help redacting names, but was rebuffed and ignored by them.

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 2:05 pm

Assange's final extradition appeal has finished. 

Judges will deliberate and issue a ruling. 

There is no specific time-frame forced in UK law, generally it has taken two to three weeks before they issue, but it could be sooner.

-E
--------------------------

Julian Assange will not be seen in public.

Join Ezra A. Cohen (https://t.me/ezra_cohen_q)

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 5:55 pm

JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 9LWCHVOp_normal
Tucker Carlson
@TuckerCarlson

Ep. 76 As they lecture us endlessly about human rights in other countries, the Biden administration is trying to kill journalist Julian Assange for the crime of embarrassing the CIA. His wife Stella joins us from his extradition hearing.

video   https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1760424414124867651

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 21, 2024 6:05 pm

My dearest friend,
It has been many years now.

I was there, a week before Julian's arrest, to warn a world it was coming.
I was there, when we first pushed the Trump admin to pardon Julian. When you and I talked back and forth and I scurried about forwarding dozens of messages and staying deep in conversation.
I was there, when we succeeded, and then Mike Pompeo and others had a meltdown at the Oval Office, and the establishment threatened to railroad a sitting President if he pardoned Julian.
I was there, when Wikileaks went nearly bankrupt, and you seeked me out again for help. There was no money, only fear and a legal team that had almost given up.
I was there, to help Julian when he wanted to start a book club from in prison (my goodness he kept his spirit strong!).
I was there, when we watched in awe as millions poured in to defend his name, and it was nothing short of a miracle.
I was there, when he won his case; and they denied him freedom still, denied him bail, denied him the basic rights of the People.
I was there, when the prison refused him clothing for winter, when his cell was lined with newspaper for warmth, and we forced their hand to protect him.
I was there, when we showed a world his suffering and brought to life the documented effects the isolation had.
I was there, when the CIA sat outside your homes and watched your every move. When the fear of reprisal for protecting those you loved hit home.
I was there, when all hope seemed lost.

And my friend, I will be there on the day he is free once more. On the day he walks from a cell and back into the light of freedom, I will still be there. Quietly watching, smiling, and knowing we have done well.

From a team of less than ten, my friend, you are loved, and not alone in this. Do not lose hope, and do not ever surrender. For there is far more good in this weary world than you yet know. 

Stay strong, have hope, and know i was there. 

-E

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am

JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 GG5JvIuXsAE8zwF?format=jpg&name=small

Back to top Go down
Dove
Super Elite
Dove

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 9:38 am

The Assange ruling broken down and explained:

The ruling in the Assange case today is unique. 
In that it offers almost no ground to actually appeal on (only 2 grounds were granted out of many).
The court refused to admit new evidence; sanctioned previous errors by the lower court; and also made arguments in favor of a fictional reality in which the actions of the CIA-run U.C. global spying operation were justified "because Assange might have fled to Russia" and "not provably connected to the current extradition case". It also called the death threats by the former head of the CIA "immaterial to the case".

These are egregious mischaracterizations of reality at the High Courts hands. Repetitively sanctioned by the UK.

So while it is good that Julian has the possible right to appeal an extradition put in place by the U.S. appealing his win at court in the first place; it is also a setup for the later loss and inevitable move by the U.S. courts to steal him away.
It also serves to silence Julian yet again; dragging the process out for several more weeks of indefinite detention in Belmarsh prison with no charge; and sets up yet another appeals process that is little more than a thinly vieled excuse not to release him.

The caveat to today's win is that all the U.S. has to do is promise not to sentence him to death, and promise Julian has first amendment rights; and the courts will allow the travesty; no appeal granted.
-
So it is what we call a pyrrhic victory. In other words, a false victory.

It is a sign that the U.S. knows it cannot win the case; and so is determined to use the process itself to punish Assange for as long as is possible. 
As long as the process drags on, they neither have to fight him in court and lose; nor let him speak.

This is the real danger for Julian. An endless cycle of legal negotiating meant to kill him slowly over time while he languishes in the harshest UK prison in existence without charge.

-E

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY   JULIAN ASSANGE   NEW DOJ  NEW STRATEGY - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JULIAN ASSANGE NEW DOJ NEW STRATEGY
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6